Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Gamer

Default It's official, I am the unluckiest person on Planet Earth...

Deus Ex has always been my favourite game of all time since I played it in 2000. So I pre-ordered Deus Ex Human Revolution in December 2010 excitedly from Amazon.co.uk....I have been literally wetting my pants about this game ever since the first teaser 3 years ago...counting down the days...

Then as it was supposed to arrive last friday (I'm in the UK) I had to go away for the weekend so I was unable to play it...

Then I come back today, open my game up bursting with excitement, put in the disk, load up steam, it starts the installation and asks me for my Steam code...I look at the leaflets that came with the game...I can see 3 leaflets

1 - leaflet with code to register on square enix site

2 - leaflet with code for extras (I have the augmented edition)

3 - installation leaflet with a BLANK box on the back entitled STEAM REGISTRATION CODE.

..................so what has happened is that I by some insanely bad luck have been sent a copy of the game with no steam registration code.........................

Why me? I mean, there could be no other fan as excited about this game as me, no one who anticipated it more.........

Anyway I've not contacted Amazon.co.uk and Square Enix via their site (and the code in the box) about it. I am just waiting to hear back from them (2 hours already) - Amazon sent me a message saying they are investigating and I can expect a response in 5 days................5 days...........Square Enix haven't sent me anything yet....

I've just come here to share my pain with you all. Does anyone here have a direct line to someone important? If so, help a brother out ey
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Gamer

Take solace, you are not alone on this as there has been quite a few reports of people not getting their code either for the pre-order bonus or steam itself.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad825 View Post
Take solace, you are not alone on this as there has been quite a few reports of people not getting their code either for the pre-order bonus or steam itself.
Oh really, well I guess it was a batch or something then. Watching the extras DVD is just torturing me...

I'm hoping Square Enix answer support tickets really quick...but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Jesus mate, that royally sucks, I hope you get it fixed soon, I have a similar issue, I pre-ordered about 3-4 months ago, great yeah, turns out release date and 3 days after it it doesn't bother being delivered and I'm left guessing when it's going to bloody arrive. Gah, I really really can't wait to play it, but the delivery is just being a pain, well, at least you got yours! I do hope you get access to playing the game soon, keep your hopes up :>