Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SERIOUS BUG - Tai Yong Medical Shuttle Never Arrives

Yes i confirm, the patch hasn't changed nothing about our problem, shuttle(s) never arrives. Hengsha transport's strike still going on
    Last edited by Trawn; 09-16-2011 at 08:17 AM.

thank god other people have this problem..

i have it too.. and i'm sick of looking around the internet for a fix. are you people serious? how can you have not seen this game breaking glitch? it seriously stops me from continuing the game. like hell am i going to restart the game again with a chance of the glitch happening again. this is utterly stupid.

good thing i got dead island to play till they decide they should PROBABLY do something and fix this..

for shame eidos.. for shame.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1994 View Post
    thank god other people have this problem..

i have it too.. and i'm sick of looking around the internet for a fix. are you people serious? how can you have not seen this game breaking glitch? it seriously stops me from continuing the game. like hell am i going to restart the game again with a chance of the glitch happening again. this is utterly stupid.

good thing i got dead island to play till they decide they should PROBABLY do something and fix this..

for shame eidos.. for shame.
    This is for the `pickup` part yeh? after you completed the tasks etc.. have you looked on the map as the location for the pick up isnt where you were dropped off.. There was a fix for this area in the patch, but if you have HAD the trigger occur you would need to revert to an earlier save to take advantage of this..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    This is for the `pickup` part yeh? after you completed the tasks etc.. have you looked on the map as the location for the pick up isnt where you were dropped off.. There was a fix for this area in the patch, but if you have HAD the trigger occur you would need to revert to an earlier save to take advantage of this..
    It's specifically here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYZK...ailpage#t=380s

This is just after we escape from the Alice Pods having been given the fake access card to Tai Yong Medical, which is the next destination.

Did the patch fix this part of the game?

The patch was just for the specific instance where the card was push through the table somehow (body falling on it etc) so couldnt be picked up.. This may not be related to the issue you having am now thinking
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Hmmm I see. Could you please find out if this issue is being investigated?

There is a post by 'Eidos Support' on the first page of this very thread, so I had assumed it was being looked at.

It's a major bug in the main plotline of the game and we really can't play anymore without the fix. I would go back and restart the game from the beginning but I'm worried that I might be unlucky enough to come across it again.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    The patch was just for the specific instance where the card was push through the table somehow (body falling on it etc) so couldnt be picked up.. This may not be related to the issue you having am now thinking
    You are right, we have already taken the card. the problem is that there are no shuttles

Over two weeks since this issue was first reported, and the patch doesn't fix this - instead it adds in-game advertisements. How are supposed to react to this Eidos? I know how I'm reacting - ASKING STEAM FOR MY DAMN MONEY BACK.

Default DEVELOPERS... PLEASE READ!

Okay, so I decided to explore around and see if anything would trigger the shuttle to come pick me up.

Nothing really helped. However I did find something that might be related.

When I go into my inventory and select QUEST items, the game crashes if I try to examine any of the items. I only have three items (passport, Hive card, and TYM card).

Does this happen to any of you?

Yes something very similar happens to me. If I go to the quest items and try and EXAMINE the TYM card, the game crashes straight away to desktop.

Just want to add my name to the list of people with this bug. The shuttle also never comes for me and if I examine the TYM card I get a crash to my desktop. This is very frustrating.

as others have said.. the patch doesnt work... lol...

Can we please have an update on this from one of Eidos guys here?

This is very frustating... It seems like Eidos is not doing anything about this. I just wish I could get my money back!!! I was looking forward for the Missing Link, now forget about it. I can't play the game anymore!

So I am trying to narrow down the causes of this bug. I think it is related to "Hunting the Hacker". Can anyone of you confirm what was your interaction with Tong? I did not enter his office. I just heard the conversation over the vent. The other option would have been to gain access to his office. I think that the glitch might lie in having or not access to his office.

Unfortunately, I don't have a saved game just before I completed this quest. Can any of you confirm if choosing to eneter the office instead of overhearing the conversation over the vent it was triggers this bug? Can you examine quest objects before this quest or after speakin to Tong about van brugger?
    Last edited by Viktoria; 03-13-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboricua View Post
    So I am trying to narrow down the causes of this bug. I think it is related to "Hunting the Hacker". Can anyone of you confirm what was your interaction with Tong? I did not enter his office. I just heard the conversation over the vent. The other option would have been to gain access to his office. I think that the glitch might lie in having or not access to his office.
    I'm on my 2nd playthrough and I'll try it out.

But why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboricua View Post
    So I went through this part on my 2nd playthrough and talked to Tong directly, as opposed to listening in on the conversation from the vents. There were a few other differences in this playthrough, such as paying the barman on behalf of Jaya and finishing Malik's quest (I didn't the last time).

The net result was the TYM shuttle did come and I'm in TYM now. I obviously couldn't say what made the difference, but I do hope this is fixed soon. Cannot, for the life of me, understand why we're not getting an update on this from Eidos. Just a simple "cannot replicate the problem here but we're investigating" would be something, but this complete silence is pretty unbelievable!

Wow... I think it has to do with that then. I don't know why that came to my mind. I just don't even remember ever getting the chance to speak to the guy, or finding how to get into his office. How do you get permission to enter the office. Anyway, I am not restarting the game. I want this to be fixed!

Talking to TONG might be the trigger.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Tong. I talked to him in his office and I still got the bug. He's the guy that was pretending to be a bartender right?

Hello all,

I too am having this very problem. I think it's somewhat understandable that such issues exist for PC editions of multiplatform releases, but the length of time Eidos is taking to resolve this, or indeed engage with its community at all, is disappointing.

I will be in touch with Eidos to see if they can explain the lapse in attention. I'm also counting the days since this thread had its first post.

Sincerely,

Rob Crossley
    Online Editor
    Develop
    www.develop-online.net
    rob.crossley@intentmedia.co.uk

I can confirm that speaking to Tong is not the trigger, as I also met up with him in his office and still, nothing.

So has everyone in this thread given up and restarted? Is it foolish of me to wait for a patch to fix this problem? I feel betrayed that I payed 60 dollars for this game and I've been unable to play it for weeks due to this bug. Why hasn't there been one response from the dev team at least letting us know that they're aware of the issue and are working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis Hardpickle View Post
    So has everyone in this thread given up and restarted? Is it foolish of me to wait for a patch to fix this problem? I feel betrayed that I payed 60 dollars for this game and I've been unable to play it for weeks due to this bug. Why hasn't there been one response from the dev team at least letting us know that they're aware of the issue and are working on it?
    I will not be restarting... I want EIDOS to do something about this now. If not, I will go about getting my money back!

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis Hardpickle View Post
    nope. i have not restarted the game. I'm going to wait till the end of this month, then i'm going to trade it in or something.. because this is just... sad.

bump so it stays on top

Did the latest "hotfix" do anything for anyone?

I still go to the shuttle station. And still nothing happens.

WHY IS THE DEV TEAM NOT AWARE OF THIS. This thread has been sitting on the front page for A WHOLE MONTH. People have provided save files. People have provided Youtube clips. Quest descriptions, possible player caused actions... and still nothing has been done!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast