Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SERIOUS BUG - Tai Yong Medical Shuttle Never Arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxman View Post
    So has anyone else taken one of the other shuttles before the medical one>
    I think i used the shuttles to travel between the both districts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxman View Post
    So has anyone else taken one of the other shuttles before the medical one>
    No, I only heard some shuttle/train thing very shortly after arriving in Hengsha. After that I haven't seen any shuttles moving or have been in one.
    One thing I've noticed also on the youtube video describing this problem is that when I'm going to the outer door of the shuttle station, a few meters before the door the game lags for like half a second or something like that. Anyone else have this also?
    Last edited by kettu555; 09-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.

So some news, after playing all the way to Hengsha again on the easiest difficulty, I was suggested to go back in time to my bugged save line to my one and only Highland Park save. I followed through with everything, but took an alternate path to get to the boss. After defeating the boss I talked to Prichard, then went up the elevator and left answered the guy at the top (Taggard, I think his name is...), then talked to Serif and right answered him every time. After talking to Malik I arrived at Hengsha with a working subway system (which I did not have before apparently).

Not sure what fixed it and I haven't gone any further yet to check if something afterwords bugs it as well. I have a hunch that the Steam overlay may be to blame as it pauses the game. This may force the trains to pause, but then never unpause when deactivated and likely combines with other factors (x64 Windows for example as that seems to be all our operating systems or perhaps just the alignment of the moon with the sun).

Quote Originally Posted by kettu555 View Post
    No, I only heard some shuttle/train thing very shortly after arriving in Hengsha. After that I haven't seen any shuttles moving or have been in one.
    One thing I've noticed also on the youtube video describing this problem is that when I'm going to the outer door of the shuttle station, a few meters before the door the game lags for like half a second or something like that. Anyone else have this also?
    I believe this is actually due to Xfire (the program I used to record the video) as having that latched on to it made it lag and skip a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by enzer View Post
    I believe this is actually due to Xfire (the program I used to record the video) as having that latched on to it made it lag and skip a lot.
    It's a different kind of lag, at least it is for me. I can have some lag at some points, but every time when going to the station at the exact same position theres one long lag. Doesn't matter what settings I put.

Exclamation New Member to the club

Hello everyone,
    I am the last member of the stuck club shuttle...

* Which platform are you playing on (include OS too, if PC)
    PC, Windows XP (all updated).

* Did you complete any sidequests within Hengsha; if so, can you recall in which order?
    Yes all of them
    Order :
    The radar jamming ones
    The back to primary a little
    Then the quest for Malik as the same time as the girl in the "hotel" who need saving.
    (the hacker I paid him)
    Then back to primary ( pod garden )

* Where there any of the above sidequests which where not completed?
    All competed

* How did you beat The Hive?
    I went several time to the hive.
    First using the sewers, and going back our through the main door ^_^
    (maybe that is causing some mess...)
    I did the side quest, going in with sewer, out by main door...again
    When doing side quest for Malik (i think) I found the member card.
    I used this to get in and finished the Malik quest.
    (as usual no killings etc...)
    Went back to finish the mainquest (to Pod garden)
    Finished stealth style.
    Then stuck at subway (same as video of Enzer -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ela5ymFyfWQ- )
    22 hour play time/

* If known, what is the your average framerate? Also, is v-sync turned on?
    Average probably 30/40 Not stuttering at all. (Skulltrail Dual Quad core IntelXtremes975, Nvidia 280, 12Go Ram)
    V s-sync is OFF
    Triple head to Go at 5040*1050

* Before encountering the issue with the train, had you visited the terminal previously? Did you get the warning message before leaving to return to sidequests?
    Did not visit (was closed)
    No message for side quest (they were finished anyway)

I save a LOT, using F5 and sometimes the menus.
    Got several crashes. (video corruption style) First was BSOD.
    Other ones, quited the game using Alt F4 before blue screens.
    (Did not save while crashing of course)

Tried a older save inside the Pod garden. Same bug again.
    I'll try restarting before finishing the side quest.
    I'll post my findings if any.

On a side note, I am very used to beta test and debug things, so if you have tech questions and all don't hesitate to ask.
    For now I'll be waiting for a fix/patch..........
    Good luck finding this one bug.

If this cannot be fixed, I ll be happy to have a game save "fix" or something to skip to the next level...
    Starting the game again is no guaranty for a free bug run...again...
    Love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kettu555 View Post
    It's a different kind of lag, at least it is for me. I can have some lag at some points, but every time when going to the station at the exact same position theres one long lag. Doesn't matter what settings I put.
    It is not lag, it it a hang.
    Yes I have that too. ( i have a very steady machine, no stutter ever)

Usually that kind of thing is when the game is accessing ressources (loading, checking state of things etc...)

Thumbs up Good news... kinda

Ok guys...
    Some results, good ones.

I reloaded another save before.
    State was :
    Primary : had the card, I need to go to the the duchman again so he can program it.
    Secondary : Hotel quest, I nearly saved the girl. I left her on her garage, door open.
    Malik : needed to go to the room of the guy to check for evidences.
    -----
    Went to finish primary, got the card to Duchman, gave him a gun (as I did before) escaped Pod garden.
    Went to the Yong station to check it : it was working !!
    Dialog to tell me Leave or stay.
    I stayed

Finished the side quest (saving the girl,hotel,drug planting, Malik(room check, then hive )
    Got back to the subway to Yong.
    It came !
    So I was able to go through the level !
    I finished the quests the best I could "completionist" (again)

Relieved... happy.

To the dev, support.
    In general I don't do things linearly, so within the Malik quest there are so many ways to finish it, the order to check for evidence, dialog with Hong....
    Before I went all over the place, explore, hack and all, and questing in between.

Anyway all is not lost, just the last hours for me, tomorrow I'll try the way I want it (used many augment to speed this run) So I have to go again with the Augments I really want, not the one I need for speed run...

Take care guys, I hope you can found a save that work for you.

As we dev says.... : save often !

Adding to the list, can't provide dxdiag just yet (doesn't seem related and not at my home pc right now).

Gonna play something else until it's patched

Which platform are you playing on (include OS too, if PC)
    PC, Windows 7 x64

Did you complete any sidequests within Hengsha; if so, can you recall in which order?
    All of them, don't recall order.

Where there any of the above sidequests which where not completed?
    Completed them all.

How did you beat The Hive?
    If by beat the hive you mean find out about the location of the hacker then I used the rear vent, hacked basement door and overheard the conversation of the owner with the belltower soldier.

If known, what is the your average framerate? Also, is v-sync turned on?
    n/a

Before encountering the issue with the train, had you visited the terminal previously?
    No

Did you get the warning message before leaving to return to sidequests?
    No

I have finally got through that part . There's a new mod that lets you skip to a level you want and do some other stuff. None of my old savegames worked. The mod is here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245. One big downside is that I lost all my finished missions and items and augs. The items and augs I could get back using the tools of the mod.
    Last edited by kettu555; 09-05-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Well, I think your problems aren't too solid. But I'm facing it too. Firstly, while I'm playing the game, I did malik's and mei's side quests, but did not notice tong's operations with bobby bao, the bartender at the hive, which was another side quest. Then when I got past the shuttle at TYM, and then my game files were deleted somehow while in the TYM building and I was back at the FEMA facility. I played through the game again to heng sha after that did all the side quests including tong's operations, and no shuttles appeared for me to move on then.

Hello, I just registered to say that im affected at this bug too

PC, Windows 7 x64

Did you complete any sidequests within Hengsha; if so, can you recall in which order?
    All of them, don't recall order.

Completed them all.

I failed persuading the barman, so i was forced to do the broker's sidequest, then i beat pod hotel by killing all mercenaries in firefight

n/a

Before encountering the issue with the train, had you visited the terminal previously?
    No

No

Has anyone tried this?
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Downl...n-220571.shtml

It supposedly will let you move to any map you want, among other (cheat-related) functions.

Or this, which MIGHT be the exact same thing, not sure if the previous one is for STEAM only:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245

Win7 x32 via Steam digital download

Bar Tab, Shanghai Justice and Rotten Business. Tried all combinations.

No

by talking my way in and blackmailing him. Footage broadcast to big screen.

V-Sync on,

no

No

I got around to looking at my save games and I found one where I hadn't completed Rotten Business & Bar Tab (but had still completed the Malik sidequest). I went to the TYM shuttle and there it was.

I also had the bug, downloaded from steam. I did everything before the main quest including riding the train both ways. As there will be no compensation, I'll just settle for telling my friends about the bug and trust Eidos a bit less next time.

I had a save at the beginning of Hengsha, and playing first the main-quest-line solved the problem. I have a save there now, so I'm off to do everything once again (sigh).

You can add me to this list. And since I believe that the aim of the game is to be able to perform side quests and in general play how you like - "OUTSIDE THE BOX" - I am not really interested in ruining my gameplay experience so far and wasting my time by restarting and missing out loads.

Please can this be patched immediately - glitches I can live with but this breaks the entire game.

A further note - NO trains arrive in Jui Schichang district at all, Tai Yong or normal shuttle. This may be related.

If this doesn't get patched soon, I'll be playing another game, and I'll probably lose interest in the DLC. I was loving this up until this point, and I can forgive a lot, but hey, you're stopping me even playing!

more patches less dlc please.

i can't go foward in the game for a bug that a serious software company should have been fixed by weeks

Quote Originally Posted by chris_bramley View Post
    You can add me to this list. And since I believe that the aim of the game is to be able to perform side quests and in general play how you like - "OUTSIDE THE BOX" - I am not really interested in ruining my gameplay experience so far and wasting my time by restarting and missing out loads.

Please can this be patched immediately - glitches I can live with but this breaks the entire game.

A further note - NO trains arrive in Jui Schichang district at all, Tai Yong or normal shuttle. This may be related.

If this doesn't get patched soon, I'll be playing another game, and I'll probably lose interest in the DLC. I was loving this up until this point, and I can forgive a lot, but hey, you're stopping me even playing!
    Oh, and for what it's worth, despite the other identical pastes:

PC, Windows 7 Ultimate x64

All of them, Tong then Malik then The whorehouse one then Bar Tab I think.

Nope

Persuaded Tong.

No, but high, and I believe not.

Not this one, but thinking back, I can arrive from Youzhao where the shuttle is permanently in station. No train other end to return. No shuttle to Tai Yong. None of them move; I only ever saw the first one in Youzhao arrive that once.

No.

Pretty much what everyone else has said - I doubt it's a config issue related to graphics. It's a script bug from the look of it - if you do something in exactly the wrong way, you end up unable to continue.

I'd be happier if Eidos were not so, ahaha, cloak and dagger about this. Why can't we have some feedback on the issue? It may not affect everyone, but the fact it exists and can break such a great game is bad enough.

Eidos - any answers please?

Thought you would find this interesting. Got a reply from Square Enix, posted below with my reply.

Can we get more people on board to raise this? It seems that this is a "non issue" until enough people shout.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I will be honest - I do not consider this a professional addressal of an obvious coding issue. We both work in the IT industry, and I know full well that a development architectural solution that ended up with a constructed program unable to continue would be unacceptable for you as a company, as would the technical support reply "We're sorry, you'll have to load from a previous document and hope it works this time".

If you browse the Eidos forums you will see others having the same issue - out on the web there are hundreds more. There is something in the series of events whilst playing this game that causes the game to not proceed, thereby breaking the gameplay and storyline both; this is quite obviously not hardware. It is a coding conflict of some kind, i.e. a BUG, and essentially ignoring it with a quick apology is not acceptable in a product that I had such high expectations of!

Please see this logically. I am sure that you know that this is a patch-requisite bug, just as I am aware that your company line is probably not to waste developer time fixing it unless you have sufficient complaints, but that is not a great attitude to establish trust and conviction in the game. Bugs slip through even the most rigorous soak testing, but please see this from the consumer point of view: maybe not everyone has it, but enough do that it's plainly intrinsic to the game itself and needs addressing by the creators.

I'm very disappointed that the only accepted answer is to throw away hours of gameplay and replay them to try and work around a bug, hoping it doesn't happen again. This will not keep you customers ongoing in the long run, and will break commercial trust; I'm already considering not going to buy any DLC because I don't trust it, and your answer did not give me any more confidence... less, in fact.

I'd ask you to reconsider and at least present a formal line about this issue, since the company has been very quiet!

Many thanks

Chris

-----Original Message-----
    From: support_na_cs@square-enix.com [mailto:support_na_cs@square-enix.com]
    Sent: 13 September 2011 18:13
    To:
    Subject: [t1290158:f6e1] Tai Yong shuttle never arrives.

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

You may want to try to revert to a previous save file and see if the same thing will happen. Doing this will identify whether the problem lies on the end of the game itself or perhaps the save file. If the problem still persists, we apologize and we suggest you try alternative methods of accomplishing your goal.

If you are finding yourself stuck in the geometry of the game, meaning you cannot move regardless of what you try to do (usually because it's saved that way). There is nothing we're able to do for you, this will require you starting another save file or reverting to another save point. If the game is damaged or you feel this is a manufacturer defect (something that replacing disc would resolve) please feel free to reply to this ticket.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Wow, that seems like an automated reply. It's almost as if no one actually read your complaint.

Although we did have a post by Eidos Support in this thread, and I'll be surprised if they're not looking to patch this up soon.

It does rather, doesn't it?

I've gone back and found previous saves, but hey ho, I'm sure since the Youzhao shuttle still doesn't reappear the other one won't either.

Add me to the number of people suffering from the bug! It's quite frustrating not to be able to finish what's so far been an excellent game.

* Which platform are you playing on (include OS too, if PC)

Windows 7 67-bit PC

* Did you complete any sidequests within Hengsha; if so, can you recall in which order?

I completed all sidequests on the following order: #1 Rotten Business, #2 Bar Tab, #3 Shanghai Justice

* Where there any of the above sidequests which where not completed?

All were completed...

* How did you beat The Hive?

Convinced Tong to hand me the info. Got the confession from Lee.

* If known, what is the your average framerate? Also, is v-sync turned on?

IDK exactly, but both the framrate and v-sync have been good. In fact the game has been very polished and problem-free until now.

* Before encountering the issue with the train, had you visited the terminal previously? Did you get the warning message before leaving to return to sidequests?

I hadn't visited that particular terminal before, but I had used others. Now that I think about it the train seems to be stuck in one terminal...

I hope for a quick response and a patch to fix this.

Could anyone please check if the new patch released today fixes the bug? I'm at work.

Thanks.

Does not appear to change a goddamn thing.

Anyone else confirm?

I still go to the shuttle, in multiple areas... and still nothing.

I would revert to an old save, before the Garden Pods quests and try THAT, but I dont have one.

What a great way to RUIN my night of gaming EIDOS!!! Pre-ordered and got the game on day one at Best Buy... and now this. I am very dissapointed. There is no way I am starting this game again.

PLEASE Eidos, fix this.

Running on Win 7 64-bits, GTX 460 SLI... etc.. There are many of us in the same boat. Obviously a game killing bug unless fixed!

I am so pissed!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast