Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Gamer

Default Deus Ex Human Revolution ARG PART 2 NOW ACTIVE!

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

Use CTRL+Mouse-scroll to zoom in and out.

Sources:
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidAnfossi
http://twitter.com/#!/sdastous
http://twitter.com/#!/deusexcentral
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/
http://jayjaybe.tumblr.com/post/9585...t-in-real-life
http://deusex.wikia.com/index.php?ti...20110830154406
http://www.facebook.com/DeusEx
www.13311tower.com

Last edited by KingNL; 09-04-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: continuation
Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNL View Post
I want it now
Have a beer, you'll feel better.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Gamer

I don't drink

Maybe that's the problem
Old 08-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Gamer

you'd hope it would be some kind of bonus material for the people who went out and bought in the first week, but I'd bet it's probably DLC that will cost $$$
Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
you'd hope it would be some kind of bonus material for the people who went out and bought in the first week, but I'd bet it's probably DLC that will cost $$$
I got more than my moneys worth out of this game already. I'd gladly pay them for some more content.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Gamer

Any idea why I'm being told to connect to the Internet by the infocaster?

I'm always online on Steam when I play this game, so I don't know what to do.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKD View Post
I got more than my moneys worth out of this game already. I'd gladly pay them for some more content.
I agree, bring on the European city hubs.

I want to walk through Amsterdam (more precisely the red (gold/black) light district)
Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Gamer

i hope they announce some new dlc like New Vegas. I got the tong mission (huge dx fanboy, had to get it even if it meant preordering from a retail store, ugh) so announcements about all the preorder packs being dlc honestly doesn't help me (though the silenced sniper rifle would be nice). I really hope they cut something ambitious where they simply didn't have enough time for it, and are now bringing it back like the montreal city hub.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:56 AM
New Player

i never asked for this
Old 08-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Gamer

I usually don't post that much,but one thing I would really like Eidos to do is HD Texture packs.

Seriously,if they do this,not only is this game awesome,but pretty much guarantees even more awesomeness.No one would then have to complain about anything else(except for minor things as usual).If Crysis 2 can do it,so can DX,and would force people to buy and play it more and not complain on nonsense stuff.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM
New Player

Either DLC or could be a nifty big release patch to fix many of the issues reported since the 25th.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:29 PM
New Player

DLC? I'll buy.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Gamer

I am hoping it's an aug pack
As much as I love this game, I thought we might have had a few more augs in there so be great to get a pack of some awesome new ones!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Gamer

Hopefully it's DLC.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Gamer

Hoping for a major bug patch + DLC. I didn't ask for this, but I'd def. go with it.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10hellfire01 View Post
Either DLC or could be a nifty big release patch to fix many of the issues reported since the 25th.
I doubt they'd use the term "surprise announcement" for a patch.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Gamer

I hear that there is a huge amount of content on the cutting room floor.. I'd like them to fix that up... I'll buy it, just bring it up to par and work the bugs out.

I'd like more weapons.. I didn't get the store DLC because I thought it would add the weapons to your inventory.. but it seems to add them into maps... I didn't want the game to be made easy.. I would of gotten the store pre-order if I'd known.. would pay extra for it too. The steam server was hammer too. I've never had a DL that slow lol

Basically I'd like more helpings please... cough cough DLC please.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Gamer

I would SO love it if they included the Montreal hub as DLC. I was very sad to hear they cut it, and it would have been nice to have a 3rd hub.

Itkovian
Old 08-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Gamer

I'm a little surprised how so many people would be OK with them releasing DLC so soon after release. Usually that type of thing doesn't go down well. Although I'm sure that if DLC was announced there would be a thread pretty quickly complaining about it.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:10 PM

why would people be pissed ,im still not done with the game but more content is good content in my opinion
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivo887 View Post
why would people be pissed ,im still not done with the game but more content is good content in my opinion
Every time DLC is announced/released so soon after release is the most common comments I usually see is "It should have been in the game in the first place" or "Why wasn't it in the game already of it's ready so soon" which then leads to arguments about whether content was deliberately cut to be sold as DLC or not.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
I'm a little surprised how so many people would be OK with them releasing DLC so soon after release. Usually that type of thing doesn't go down well. Although I'm sure that if DLC was announced there would be a thread pretty quickly complaining about it.
Most DLC is a farce, worthless addons for 4 hour games, long gone are the days of true addons (Bloodmoon, countles Il2 updates and so on) and more to the point, my 500 MB DLC downloads in a milisecond, because it is merely unlocking existing content. (from the 1st days of so called next gen consoles, this has been common practice)
For 10 we can expect a 10 minute mission, or some clothes. When I see 'buy this' ingame, I think 'f*** you'.
M$ even charged for a free addon + patch, for 1 game.

But DE HR is another story, awesome out of the box, replay value aplenty, as long as it is quality, I will buy it.
Hopefully longer than the Tongs rescue mission, I liked it, but wouldn't pay extra for it.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Gamer

Things that would be cool, in order of awesomeness:

1. Modder SDK - I think they already said they won't do this but it would be nice. The mod community is part of why Deus Ex stayed popular and interesting for as long as it did. Without a mod community, as good as HR is, it's just gonna be another flash in the pan that everyone forgets about.

2. DLC city hub - Montreal anyone? I really think HR needs 1 more city hub.

3. DLC augs - There's room for more and I think it's too easy to max most of them out as it is... more variety would be cool.

4. DLC weapons/armor/items - Dunno how good these would be since the in-game weapons are already really good, but I wouldn't mind multitools/autohackers to support a non-hacking play style.

5. Bug Patch - Nice, but not really exciting or surprising. A few quests are bugged a little but I think the assumption is that Eidos will be fixing these in due time.

Then again maybe it won't even be game content but something like a new clothing line or contest
Old 08-28-2011, 07:01 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNL View Post
I doubt they'd use the term "surprise announcement" for a patch.
Even though I haven't had issues for the most part, the majority of people have encountered numerous bugs. By this point I think it'll be a combination of the two. Or actually...what if it has to do with the 3D Vision support I've been hearing about? That's a big one

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraa View Post
Things that would be cool, in order of awesomeness:

1. Modder SDK - I think they already said they won't do this but it would be nice. The mod community is part of why Deus Ex stayed popular and interesting for as long as it did. Without a mod community, as good as HR is, it's just gonna be another flash in the pan that everyone forgets about.

2. DLC city hub - Montreal anyone? I really think HR needs 1 more city hub.

3. DLC augs - There's room for more and I think it's too easy to max most of them out as it is... more variety would be cool.

4. DLC weapons/armor/items - Dunno how good these would be since the in-game weapons are already really good, but I wouldn't mind multitools/autohackers to support a non-hacking play style.

5. Bug Patch - Nice, but not really exciting or surprising. A few quests are bugged a little but I think the assumption is that Eidos will be fixing these in due time.

Then again maybe it won't even be game content but something like a new clothing line or contest
I would like to see more hubs. I can swear the first game had many more places to go. I would like more objects to be "pickup-able" like in the original too.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Gamer

What if the SDK comes out as DLC?
That would be rather unique, and somewhat a good idea on there part. As long as they don't charge to much for it.