Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

Default BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

Error With Dues Ex:Human Revolution on the Xbox360

First off, I was salivating over my control throughout the entire play of the first level. But at the Cinematic Cutscene I had taken too long on the second "input" where you Empathise, Humble or such against the leader and reloaded in haste. Upon going through the door and NOT skipping any cutscenes, I found myself entering "Let her go" option...and nothing. I got a looped graphic of the girl sobbing and him switching between looking at me, then the hostage with a gun to her head. The in-game cutscene never happened, and I'm stuck. Some factors that led up to this encounter:

A) I was playing "Nice guy" with the ranged tranq Rifle. Didn't kill anyone.
    B) I died numerous times trying to figure out how to properly knock out or avoid enemies.
    C) I avoided the last room leading up to the leader completely with some very lucky stealth.
    D) Did not use any of the augmentation points, opting to save up instead.

Now, I reloaded AGAIN and got the exact same issue. Then I reloaded, and saved right in front of the door to the cutscene, and got frozen again in the exact same spot.

I hope this helps you figure out what's causing the error. Please fix soon! I'd really like to save the hostage =(

Default BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

When moving forward (or backward) + strafing left or right, so that you're moving diagonally, you gain a major speed boost as if running at 200% speed. It's even faster than sprinting.

If you've played Goldeneye 007 on N64, it's like that.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

edit: I hear this only occurs on the PC version of the game.
    Last edited by Genome852; 08-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    When moving forward (or backward) + strafing left or right, so that you're moving diagonally, you gain a major speed boost as if running at 200% speed. It's even faster than sprinting.

Maybe post this in the Tech forum?
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Are you talking about the final version?

If so I'm surprised they didn't fix this already as it's a very obvious issue.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffis View Post
    Maybe post this in the Tech forum?
    Since this affects not only me but is a general problem with the game, I don't see why I would post it in the tech forum (almost all threads are about crashes or other isolated problems). Thanks for your sarcasm, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid1723 View Post
    Are you talking about the final version?

If so I'm surprised they didn't fix this already as it's a very obvious issue.
    Yes it's in the final version.

Since this affects not only me but is a general problem with the game, I don't see why I would post it in the tech forum (almost all threads are about crashes or other isolated problems). Thanks for your sarcasm, though.
    No sarcasm. The Tech forum is the place for tech issues. Simple as that.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Default "Motherly Ties" Quest is Bugged.

I haven't seen this anywhere else, so maybe it's just me, but this bug does not allow me to complete the "Motherly Ties" quest. I talk to Cassandra Reed, and at the end of the dialogue, it just kind of sits there. Here is a video I uploaded to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the poor video quality.

Here is the link.

This is the 360 version, by the way.

"The URL contained a malformed video ID"

Could you try again or just post the link?
    "My coat is augmented"

@CJ78: Yup. Sorry, YouTube thing didn't want to work.

Shall I assume that you've tried not skipping through all of that? :P This didn't even happen in the pre-build.

Have you found the bracelet? That might be a loophole (looks like a bug)

I can tell you that she doesn't even give you anything :P I think it was like 1000 xp or something :P Oh wait, that's something...
    "My coat is augmented"

Yeah, I have tried not skipping. I was just doing it there so you didn't have to sit through three minutes of dialogue. I don't recall finding the bracelet. I'll look for it and report back if it fixes it. Thanks for reading!

Default Serious Bugs with PC Controls (Mouse and Keyboard)

As a constant disgruntled and frustrated pc gamer, I haven't preordered a game in a long long time.
    But. After watching the videos of what they did for the pc version, they really sold me on the fact that they do care, and they do UNDERSTAND what PC gamers want and why we play on pc. When I saw that they added in an game fov option I was totally floored and pre ordered that same day.

Personally, I play on pc for mouse and keyboard. Obviously, I assumed that if they go through the time to add dx 11 support and do all kinds of things to the hud/interface and even difficulty (I heard), that basic mouse and keyboard controls would work properly. Amazingly, they were somehow overlooked.

It's almost as if the devs said "Lets do ALL this work to let someone play on 3 screens in 3d (which almost no one has the computer to do), but lets not fix the mouse or keyboard movement."

What?

2 problems that are in my opinion really disastrous (and obvious) are.

1. Mouse feels wrong. The instant I saw an x and a y axis I was really worried. Setting them both to the same number does not equal a smooth experience. The game was obviously built to be played with a gimped controller and has built in help mechanisms. The mouse needs a total restructure. It does choppy movements that go up then left, (not one smooth diagonal movement), that also feel like there trying to be smoothed out and a bit of negative acceleration (in some areas, like cut scenes). As it is now it feels as if I have a string attached to a control stick duct taped to my mouse. (yes I have tried the supposed "fixes"). *Also, A separate ADS sensitivity would really be appreciated*

2. The absolute core basic keyboard movement is off. When moving diagonally (which I do 95 percent of the time), you move at an increased speed. At first I thought maybe this is intentional and a throwback to the early/mid 90s games and it was the developers choice, but apparently this is not the case (As I've read this is only when using a keyboard). It makes the movement feel extremely clunky, with every direction change feeling like the character weighs 4 tons. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining... as everyone who knows how to play fps moves diagonally almost all the time.

These 2 problems combine make for an experience that really deadens the game.
    It's like being in a brilliant life changing movie with a huge rude obnoxious family right behind you (that sneaked in every loud chip bag they could carry).

I'm willing to deal with all kinds of console influence. Things like having to see "press a( my use) to open" forever. Things like "low ammo" flashing on my screen endlessly. Things like duck that is on a toggle, sprint on a toggle, and ADS on a toggle (with no options to change it). But I won't play with these 2 issues.

The game itself looks amazing, but as someone who cares about controls as top priority, I refuse to play what appears to be a masterpiece with these issues. Please FIX THEM.

@CJ78: Yeah, went back and got the bracelet and I'm still running across the same issue. Ohhh well. Could be a lot worse, I suppose.

Crashes when I try to leave prichard's office after first mission, event viewer error:

Faulting application name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Faulting module name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x003580bc
    Faulting process id: 0x2094
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc61d9d5359fb4
    Faulting application path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
    Faulting module path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
    Report Id: 1b65e021-cde1-11e0-8c6a-001fbc017784

This error happened at the same time under system:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

No other errors around when it crashed, and I don't have those ati files in my systemWOW64 folder.

I got the same and it got me to remind 007 too haha

But..beside having a speedy boost, it causes some frame skipping too.

I can deal with the speed boost, but this frame skipping kills me.

Default HUD Bug

Played the game all morning fine. Saved it and shut it down while I went out. Fired the game back up and loaded my saved game only to find this:

Nothing I do seems to fix the problem. I even tried reloading the entire game, reloading the last auto save, etc.

Default Chet Wagner bugged

Hi,

I'm trying to do the mother questline, but when I try to talk to Chet Wagner, he blows me off, saying he has nothing more to say to me, as if I've exhausted my conversation options and pissed him off. But I haven't even talked to him! I can't proceed in the questline because of this. Anyone know of a fix? I'd load back to from when I got the quest but I did a lot of things in between, and I don't want to lose my progress.

Hi! I'm stuck on the Tae Yong Medical mission chain. I'm up to the part where I have to steal a TYM employee card from one of the guards. When I killed the guard his employee card fell under the little glass table in the room he's in. I can't get the card at all. That one little table stops me from progressing through Human Revolution. Please get back to ASAP. I'd really like to continue playing!

My friend is having the same issue on the Xbox 360. He was trying to complete the side mission Lesser Evil when his HUD went out and is from what we can tell completely unrecoverable. This seems like it is definitely a game breaking glitch =/ he is going to try and return the game tomorrow.

Default Stuck because of a bug

Hello all, first post here. I got stuck due to what I believe is a bug and would like some help with it.

I got stuck when you find hostage the manager of the Typhoon assembly line being held by one of the purists. I wanted to see where the various dialogues would take me, so I pressed F5 to quick-save when the first prompt appeared and went with the option of fighting the purist. I shot him dead, he shot the hostage and I loaded my quick-save. To my surprise, after doing that, the purist was nowhere to be found and the hostage was lying on the floor. Talked to her and she asked about the other hostages in the factory; I tell her they died (even though I had indeed saved them). She then starts to cry and my screen goes black (Though the game still responds: I can shoot and move around).

I'd appreciate any help, it took me three hours to get there so I don't really want to start over.

Default saved games vanished

Had been playing for a while. Now all the saved games have vanished and I have to start over.

Bug:

The side-quest to take down T-Bag or whatever his name is, the gangster boss leader guy in Detroit. You have to knock him out (not kill him) but kill all of his cronies. Well, one of the cronies clipped through the wall and now he's inside of a room that I don't have access to. There's a hacking panel but it's grayed out.
    Schon trübet der Mond sich verschwindenden Scheins, die Glocke, sie donnert ein mächtiges Eins, und unten zerschellt das Gerippe. -Göthe, Totentanz

not sure if it is a bug but 2 things i noticed
    frist is energy bar never recharged more than 1 bar
    second is the enemeys that can turn invisible were got stuck that way so they would be shooting me and other than muzzle flash i could not see them

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
    I haven't seen this anywhere else, so maybe it's just me, but this bug does not allow me to complete the "Motherly Ties" quest. I talk to Cassandra Reed, and at the end of the dialogue, it just kind of sits there. Here is a video I uploaded to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the poor video quality.

Here is the link.

This is the 360 version, by the way.
    Having the same problem myself on the 360 version. I've tried re-visiting Chets PC, I've tried different choice orders and I've found the bracelet (prior to going to her the first time). I'm all out of ideas!

Having SSAO on at all causes mouse lag, having it on high causes completely unacceptable mouse lag. The game itself runs fine, so it's not like my system is underpowered. The feature was just implemented poorly.

And like others have said, Perfect Dark-style strafe sprinting is in full effect.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast