Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

Quote Originally Posted by BugReporting View Post
    I loaded the game onto my xbox 360 hard drive to reduce loading times, maybe you never tested it like that? Could that have something to do with it, maybe the spawn points for those guys are higher up than the others, and the level loads in before they can drop down to the rest?

EDIT: YESSSSSSS! I DID IT! On my billionth attempt, 5 spawned in the apartment, and one above. While I was thinking of how to get that one guy to follow my sounds to a place he will clip to where I can kill him, he just clipped through the ceiling right in front of me (and started threatening me, hahah). Armblades ahoy, then the rest was a snap. SUCCESS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this bug.
    thats nuts i cant keep re loading hoping he will spawn correctly. im shelfin this game till they patch the side mission bugs, its not enjoyable :/.. i mean i played perfectly not killing anyone nad hacked everything. im 33 hours in and not going to china cuz i wanted to finish the quest. its just blah! Lucky you!

PC:

There are typos in the last two augmentations in the "Rebreather" category, that allow the player to sprint for a longer duration.

Each augmentation says it allows the player to sprint for an extra "2,5" (comma, not period) seconds, which does not match what the detailed explanation (when you click "more info") says at all.

Default Possible bug - no hacking interface?

I posted this earlier and I don't know if it's a bug or not:

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus of BORG View Post
    Hi, I'm getting an issue where I can't hack lvl1 locks. ATM I'm stuck on the first mission, trying to enter the assemby bay to save the hostages.

Could this be a video card issuêÉ Ièm running an ATI 5770

Otherwise the rest of my system should be above spec: i7, 12g ram...

I guess while weère at it, is there any way I can type proper punctuation on this forum instead of these strange symbolsÉ Ièm using an NA keyboard.

Thanks
    I press 'E' to bring up the numpad interface, I press 'E' again as the manual says to bring up the hacking interface... nothing.

I just got this game today and was having a blast at it, until I got stuck here.

Just skip it and come back to it on another playthrough once they've patched it, don't end your game over it.

I am having this issue as well, found the braclet go and talk to her, tell her the 3 things ive found and then nothing they just stand there, also cant find the cop i am supposed to talk to

Thought I'd post this in here as well:

I've looked around a bit and I don't see anyone else having a similar issue. The first time I noticed it was when you are dropped off at the helipad, I turned around to watch the jet take off and BAM off goes my computer.

I fixed it by not turning around and looking at the jet after I reloaded. It happened again later with the jet, but then I turned off DX11 and it seemed to work. Later in the fight with Bull, one of his gernades went off in my face and shut off my pc. I will say it was kind of unique to be killed and actually have my entire computer shut off, but it was also rather annoying.

Now I'm about to leave the warehouse after the Bull fight, but there is a cutscene where I'm forced to watch the jet take off, and it resets my desktop every time.

While Cloak and Daggers went just fine for me, I'm having the issue with Motherly Ties instead and it's driving me nuts. I really want to finish the mission, but I've reached the point where it's the only thing holding me back from advancing further - I don't really want to have to replay the 16 hours I've spent so far (as much as I enjoyed them).

Here's what happened (PC version):

I talked my way into the station, got into the morgue and was busted after I took the chip. I just ran out the door, not wanting to get into a fight, but I stunned a cop on the way out. I've checked since, I'm almost certain it's not Chet. Upon getting the info from Chase I headed back in through the sewers only to find everyone cool with me again, so I just went about the place hacking computers and searching offices. I then hacked into the storage garage, including the safe. I got all the evidence from that quest except Chet's, because I don't ever recall seeing him in the station in the first place... he's just disappeared for me. Maybe he's spawned in a wall or on a roof or underground like some people are saying Double T does for them, but either way I can't speak to him and with the three pieces of evidence I have so far I get stuck in the endless conversation animation when I talk to Megan's mum.

Please fix this ASAP guys, I'm dying to play further into the game

pc version, the game freezes at a random spot on the map, and it's the same spot if i restart the game. it will change to another spot when i restart computer

tried all the suggested workaround, nothing helped.
    cant play without dx11, the config cant find output device if i uncheck it.
    the freeze only happens in Detroit street (havent gotten much further) indoor (with loading screen) is fine

Ok so far every side-quest I've done have been doing well. However im down to Acquaintances Forgotten, at the safe and the files in the safe can't be picked up. Even the photo's are a bit tricky. The revolver ammo and the e-book are always available to grab. I had to carefully place myself for the pictures. While I managed to get them, the files under the e-book are impossible for me to get. Cannot be selected or anything.

(PS3) I have the same Cloaks and Daggers issue with the gang member stuck in the wall. It's the only thing that prevents me from completing the mission. Open to ideas at this point, but I need to move on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKLAR View Post
    (PS3) I have the same Cloaks and Daggers issue with the gang member stuck in the wall. It's the only thing that prevents me from completing the mission. Open to ideas at this point, but I need to move on soon.
    While I was creating a user account, someone gave me this solution on gamefaqs, so much thanks to that person

From Double T's room go up to the highest window and climb out. You should see a water tower and the cyan quest icon should be right above it. Shoot it with a sniper rifle from the fire escape, and it should complete that part of the quest. I can only confirm that it works on PS3. Give it a shot,it only takes a couple minutes to try it.

Spread the word.

Default Format: Xbox 360

First of all I'd like to say that I think this game is superb and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Xbox 360 version overall considering the limitations of its ageing hardware. That it runs smoothly for the most part with no screen tearing and minimal aliasing is a great achievement and the game world and gameplay are far more detailed and engrossing than most other games. Well done!

One complaint though: the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes are absolutely dreadful IMO. Not only are they badly compressed and so jarring alongside the sharper looking real-time stuff but they appear to be much darker too, to the point where it is difficult to see them at times. I can alter the brightness to compensate but that just makes the in-game stuff look washed out. Did nobody think to check this because it seems such an obvious oversight?

Also, considering the disc space limitations of the Xbox 360's DVD format compared with the PS3's 25 GB Blu-rays and the PC's mandatory hard drive installations it seems odd that many of these FMV cutscenes aren't real-time anyway considering they are set in the same environments and using the same models/assets as the in-game stuff that follows. As such it means that both the PS3 and PC versions suffer with the same poor quality cutscenes.

This really is the only letdown in what is an otherwise outstanding and polished game. I thought the days of lousy quality FMV of this kind was over but sadly not...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz1967 View Post
    First of all I'd like to say that I think this game is superb and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Xbox 360 version overall considering the limitations of its ageing hardware. That it runs smoothly for the most part with no screen tearing and minimal aliasing is a great achievement and the game world and gameplay are far more detailed and engrossing than most other games. Well done!

One complaint though: the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes are absolutely dreadful IMO. Not only are they badly compressed and so jarring alongside the sharper looking real-time stuff but they appear to be much darker too, to the point where it is difficult to see them at times. I can alter the brightness to compensate but that just makes the in-game stuff look washed out. Did nobody think to check this because it seems such an obvious oversight?

Also, considering the disc space limitations of the Xbox 360's DVD format compared with the PS3's 25 GB Blu-rays and the PC's mandatory hard drive installations it seems odd that many of these FMV cutscenes aren't real-time anyway considering they are set in the same environments and using the same models/assets as the in-game stuff that follows. As such it means that both the PS3 and PC versions suffer with the same poor quality cutscenes.

This really is the only letdown in what is an otherwise outstanding and polished game. I thought the days of lousy quality FMV of this kind was over but sadly not...
    looks the same on pc when it comes to the mini movies.

Dark FMV aside (which surely is a bug?), I guess the real blame can be laid solely on the Xbox 360 and its increasingly limiting DVD format which until recently only allowed developers to use 7 GB of its 8.5 GB capacity. A game like DX:HR would not really work across multiple discs so everything had to be compressed to fit onto one DVD with no regard for the superior storage that the PS3 and PC have.

I definitely cannot wait for the next generation of console hardware when both are using Blu-ray for game storage and these pathetic quality FMV cinematics are a thing of the past.

I posted this earlier and I don't know if it's a bug or not:

I press 'E' to bring up the numpad interface, I press 'E' again as the manual says to bring up the hacking interface... nothing.

I just got this game today and was having a blast at it, until I got stuck here.
    I was able to hack the door but not the bomb. I loaded a prior save and now I can't hack the door. Not being able to hack the bomb happened before the patch. I changed the 'use' key to the right arrow key but even when I hit the 'e' key it won't bring up the hack screen. The 'e' key is still set as the default 'use' key on the left side of the control settings.

Also, the patch fixed the issue with I was getting with zonealarm and the system memory error.

@ jaycw2309

I have same issue with PC version in Motherly Ties quest.
    Dialog with mother starts to complete, then goes nowhere & I can't get out of standing there looking at her.
    So I have to Alt Tab then reload last save.
    I have properly completed ALL related & necessary components of this quest.

Do you have any help for this issue?

Default You made me do this

confirmed jason95821 energy cell bug.
    Spent a Praxis point to increase my energy cells by one, it is now at level 1. The HUD displayed the new cell showing two green filled cells. When some energy was used, knock out two opponents, the second cell never recharges. It can only be filled by an energy bar (all that I have in my inventory that affects energy).

Quote Originally Posted by DanundHibiko View Post
    Error With Dues Ex:Human Revolution on the Xbox360

First off, I was salivating over my control throughout the entire play of the first level. But at the Cinematic Cutscene I had taken too long on the second "input" where you Empathise, Humble or such against the leader and reloaded in haste. Upon going through the door and NOT skipping any cutscenes, I found myself entering "Let her go" option...and nothing. I got a looped graphic of the girl sobbing and him switching between looking at me, then the hostage with a gun to her head. The in-game cutscene never happened, and I'm stuck. Some factors that led up to this encounter:

A) I was playing "Nice guy" with the ranged tranq Rifle. Didn't kill anyone.
    B) I died numerous times trying to figure out how to properly knock out or avoid enemies.
    C) I avoided the last room leading up to the leader completely with some very lucky stealth.
    D) Did not use any of the augmentation points, opting to save up instead.

Now, I reloaded AGAIN and got the exact same issue. Then I reloaded, and saved right in front of the door to the cutscene, and got frozen again in the exact same spot.

I hope this helps you figure out what's causing the error. Please fix soon! I'd really like to save the hostage =(
    I knocked out everyone and was never detected and the same thing happened to me. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Default Cloak and Daggers glitch

Yep! Just another "6th man out" victim, and apparently it is "my" fault, according to this thread's tech replies. I am playing the PC version and MCB #6 is floating out of accessible area and I can't finish the quest. Looking on the Map HUD, he is in a grey area next to the accessible building, a building with no access. I guess this one is a write-off, as I have yet to see any indication that someone is working on this, let alone simply acknowledging it. Wish us all good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecats View Post
    I was able to hack the door but not the bomb. I loaded a prior save and now I can't hack the door. Not being able to hack the bomb happened before the patch. I changed the 'use' key to the right arrow key but even when I hit the 'e' key it won't bring up the hack screen. The 'e' key is still set as the default 'use' key on the left side of the control settings.

Also, the patch fixed the issue with I was getting with zonealarm and the system memory error.
    I don't know if this is a fix, but I disabled DX11, then updated my drivers and then the next time I booted up the game, I was able to hack. I got the idea from a similar bug from ME2 that prevented some people with older systems from opening doors... I'm on an older card (ATI 5770), which is supposed to be DX11 compatible, but I suppose I'm running on DX9 now or something.

Sound is delayed.

I have almost 500ms between the muzzle flash of my gun and the sound of the round fired.

It's not related to my hardware, I used 2 different sound cards, many people has this issue too and we cannot find a fix, so please, patch it.

I don't know if this is a fix, but I disabled DX11, then updated my drivers and then the next time I booted up the game, I was able to hack. I got the idea from a similar bug from ME2 that prevented some people with older systems from opening doors... I'm on an older card (ATI 5770), which is supposed to be DX11 compatible, but I suppose I'm running on DX9 now or something.
    I found a way around that bug. When the control panel opens, click the word 'hack' with your mouse, located inside the little black box on the right of the game screen. This will open the hack screen.

I have the game installed on a win 7 computer that can handle the game very well. It has a yearold top of the line ati video card, 500gb system memory, 2 or more core pentium. Steam allows us to have a copy on 2 computers.

I can't give the system specs because I using the win xp computer right now. It has all my favorates bookmarked and email isn't setup yet on the win 7 computer.

The win 7 computer runs the game perfectly after the patch, not one crash in a 9 hour play. The 'e' key doesn't work on that computer either, so it's not happening due to slow systems.

Quote Originally Posted by RasterOps View Post
    confirmed jason95821 energy cell bug.
    Spent a Praxis point to increase my energy cells by one, it is now at level 1. The HUD displayed the new cell showing two green filled cells. When some energy was used, knock out two opponents, the second cell never recharges. It can only be filled by an energy bar (all that I have in my inventory that affects energy).
    I really hate this "feature". I hope its a bug because I spent points for more batteries and faster battery recharge and it doesn't work.

i feel like im playing a beta killed a tank with a stun gun, augs decided to stop working , got no cross hairs, fall through cracks no health bar subtitles energy bar radar etc oh and my fav cant complete some quest when i did what was needed

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast