Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

ON PC double T is indeed in a wall NOT where hes supposed to spawn. this is frustrating! i wasted so many hours thining something was wrong but he was in the wall... Hes bugged! ive done everything to confirm i played the game and followed through right... you can even start a new game hes not where hes supposed to be.

hes in the bedroom with the mcb ballers on the consoles. but on PC for me and others.. Hes not there! hes in some mystery zone.

blah i shoulda never preordered.

Default [SPOILER] Escaping glitch

After confronting Zhao, doing the boss fight, and finding Megan Reed, she asks me to go down the elevator and active the button to open the rooftop. I do as asked, go down the elevator, hit the button, there's a bunch of disoriented guards in the room wandering about. The problem is after hitting the button, nothing comes through the roof. The roof opens, the door in the room i'm in remains unusable, and the guards continue wandering about disoriented. I've watched a video depicting this scene and after the roof opens, Malik is supposed to fly through the top. The issue here I think is Malik died in my game, exploding her helicopter to take out some baddies. Is there no way to continue with the questline if Malik dies..? I know it's not a glitch that she died, there's dialogue with her and Pritchard regarding it.

tl;dr press button roof opens no helicopter due to Malik being dead, stuck in the room without quest advancing.

RESOLVED: The problem was I upgraded 2 of my augments after the dialogue with Reed. It caused the helicopter on the pad not to appear when I went down. Went back to my save right after the boss fight, redid it, worked fine.
    Last edited by Nevodka; 08-25-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyPuppy View Post
    ON PC double T is indeed in a wall NOT where hes supposed to spawn. this is frustrating! i wasted so many hours thining something was wrong but he was in the wall... Hes bugged! ive done everything to confirm i played the game and followed through right... you can even start a new game hes not where hes supposed to be.

hes in the bedroom with the mcb ballers on the consoles. but on PC for me and others.. Hes not there! hes in some mystery zone.

blah i shoulda never preordered.
    We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Applying a Rate of Fire upgrade to the Assault Rifle takes away the sound effect when firing. Other upgrades I have applied are Laser Sight and 2-3x Ammo Capacity

The exact same issue happens with my PC Steam version when I tr to complete that quest, looks like a bug across all platforms I think, skip that quest & move on I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
    I haven't seen this anywhere else, so maybe it's just me, but this bug does not allow me to complete the "Motherly Ties" quest. I talk to Cassandra Reed, and at the end of the dialogue, it just kind of sits there. Here is a video I uploaded to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the poor video quality.

Here is the link.

This is the 360 version, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc..
    for cloak and dagger
    alright There is supposed to be 6 npcs at the mcb area. its accessed through, the fireescape stairway by the basketball court. You can enter on the 3rd or 4th floor, the auged gangsters are on the fourth floor. As confirmed by other people Double T is supposed to be with that group on the fourth floor. Sometimes when i go there, there is 4 npcs. mostly 5, and a mystery npc in the wall I know theres a wall to break, i have hacked the door used the passcode. stunned all the npcs, killed all the npcs.

The Quest is ACTIVE. so unless i have to do something very special like make it inactive sing a song and then reactive it in a special spot i have no idea what to do.

Ill quote people who have shared my experience... or you can read this.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...086&pid=944089

My quest log is COMPLETE, except for double T for cloak and daggers. i have followed advice other people have used. there is supposed to be 6 npcs. i only get 5 everything else is greyed on the cloak and daggers quest. if i make it inactive theres a new blue icon but it cannot be seen on the map. if i make it active it dissappears.

I would like to know what I missed? I killed EVERYONE outside the building. inside the building but there was a mysterious yellow arrow on my minimap being alarmed. sometimes the 6th green arrow is there but then it dissappears when im on the MCB's floor and turns a darker grey(different floor) and then dissappears.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1082500002.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1082500003.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...082500001i.jpg

i have taken the assasination, i have the crossbow, i have talked to omally, i even pheremoned for extra cash. the last and finaly thing i need is double T and hes not where hes supposed to be. and his quest icon only appears when its inactive... even then hes no where around. i posted screen shots thats where he is supposed to be! unless theres some twist and hes in a new place..

If there is some trick to this or way to pass it please do let me know..

at 2:18 in this video this confirms there should be 6 npcs. the problem is many of us do not have 6 npcs or the 6th is in a funny place. please reference my screenshots.. to see taht im doing and did the quest correctly and I didnt miss anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OkutjhgzI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6OkutjhgzI
    Last edited by FluffyPuppy; 08-25-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: to show more proof i did everything correct its a bug not that i missed anything.

Default tai yong medical

hey guys , i can't get the shuttle to tai yong medical cause he no appears. im in front of the door but can't get in, i think this is a bug. so what i need to do? tkx guys

Default More Double T bugging

I'm playing on the 360.

I go through the entire Cloak and Dagger quest, and I've killed all but one of the guys and knocked out Double T. I need to kill one more generic bad dude to complete the quest... but my map marker says that one bad dude is 100 m under the soil, not anywhere near a sewer... if I am a good distance from that map marker, then the marker points at the correct location, 4 stories in the air. When I approach it, it warps back down to 100 m underground.

It's so aggravating that I can't complete the quest at this very last task only for it to glitch out on me. I've tried loading, resetting, going to areas separated by a load screen, but I think that on this playthrough, I won't be able to complete this quest. I've scoured the buildings and the surroundings, but it's hopeless, there's no way to access where this intrepid gang member went.

Quote Originally Posted by BugReporting View Post
    I'm playing on the 360.

I go through the entire Cloak and Dagger quest, and I've killed all but one of the guys and knocked out Double T. I need to kill one more generic bad dude to complete the quest... but my map marker says that one bad dude is 100 m under the soil, not anywhere near a sewer... if I am a good distance from that map marker, then the marker points at the correct location, 4 stories in the air. When I approach it, it warps back down to 100 m underground.

It's so aggravating that I can't complete the quest at this very last task only for it to glitch out on me. I've tried loading, resetting, going to areas separated by a load screen, but I think that on this playthrough, I won't be able to complete this quest. I've scoured the buildings and the surroundings, but it's hopeless, there's no way to access where this intrepid gang member went.
    You got double T ! lucky.. i got all 5 of the gangsters but my double T in NOwhere!.. but the eidos guy says we're missing something so >_>.. we gotta look harder... im even investing in the jump to hopefully glitch jump my way to him on the rooftops.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin B View Post
    In the weapon stash there's a suitcase, if you try to open it, it should update the mission.
    That's the thing though!! I can no longer select that suitcase, i was able to pick it up the first time i went through but it never completed in my log. Thanks for your response though, i'm hoping i'm not the only one experiencing this problem althought that's the way its looking right now unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
    Yeah, I have tried not skipping. I was just doing it there so you didn't have to sit through three minutes of dialogue. I don't recall finding the bracelet. I'll look for it and report back if it fixes it. Thanks for reading!
    **PS3**
    I also had the same problem with the Motherly Ties quest. I actually retrieved the bracelet and all other suspicious info but when I went to close the quest and talk to the mother to finalize everything, the custscene prompted me to explain all of the suspicious evidence, which seemed normal but then I was stuck in a loop with the mother and Jensen models posturing and shifting with the camera cutting back and forth between them. To make things more odd, there were captions of the background NPC's conversations sometimes with voices. After restarting the game, I completed the hacker microchip removal main quest and revisited the Motherly Ties side quest and the same thing occured. Restarted and tried a third time and got the same result as the previous times. Would like to see this bug fixed as it is not a disc error but an actual programming problem.
    Last edited by worthing01; 08-25-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: added platform version

Default HUD screwed.

After killing Barret in the FEMA Plant my HUD was stuck in "Got struck by an EMP" mode. Its all glitchy and beeping and saying its rebooting but it never has, def a game breaker because I cant aim, have no radar, no ammo count, health bar is screwy, and on top of that it all flashes and glitches out and turns on and off . Hope I enjoyed that first 11 hours of gameplay because Im about to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post

Are you just dismissing ppl with this issue as WE think we have a problem by missing something :/ and not a bug. I have uploaded screen shots and now ill go through the full list for you.

if it pleases you ill even upload a video going through where you have to go for the quest talking and checking everything is done and then going to the spot and showing the npc isnt there.. i have looked at guides and video just to confirm i didnt miss anything because i wasted hours and i know its a spawn problem.

none the less here is the quest's checklist in grey.

Locate Omally's apartment. Checked. hacked into apartment. found evidence hacked computer safe etc.
    Meet Omally. checked. from sewers or even over gate left side of police station.
    Go to Derelict Row. checked. CLEARED the Area of NPCs and havent been caught.
    Get Omally's package. Checked. near the chiron building a entrance into DB's territory i had gotten the crossbow.
    Locate DCB's stash. checked. found the weapons, suitcase, rocketlauncher upper wall to break. area is CLEAR.
    Locate MCB hideout: checked. found it by basketball court fireescape ladder. highest lvl is MCB. 2 windows.
    ID omalley's weapon shipment. Checked.
    find one piece of incriminating evidence. Checked.
    Find incriminating evidence. Checked. i found in his apartment. i hacked the safe and computer.
    Nuetralize MCB. CHECKED.
    Knock out Double T. not checked active.. blue font. not where he should be. not with mcb. killed all npcs outside to make sure.
    Secondary objectives: do not get seen in derelict row. no check as ive not been seen and i have either stunned or killed all npcs.

So what did i MISS? or not think of? I killed everyone to make sure that is outdoors. I killed everyone indoors.

For some people they have the same experience as me with this ghost npc in the wall which gets alarmed or moved around. One person was sucessfull in getting Double T out by firing and he came out from a wall.

Is that what I have to do? i have to fire and hope he unglitches by coming out from the wall after me? seriously..
    Ill even upload my save file if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoriat View Post
    During the first mission, when in the warehouse with the gas bomb and the hostages, the game makes an auto save if you fail to disarm the bomb. So, once you die, you load the auto save and are right back in the room with the gas only to die again!

What would have been nice is for the auto save to make a save point before entering the room, or right after, and before messing with the bomb. That way, if you fail, you can try again.
    Did you have trouble hacking the bomb? I'm trying to hack it. I keep hitting the 'e' key but it doesn't go into the hack screen. It just keeps counting down until the bomb goes off. I was able to hack the door to get into that room. It's 658 and counting down when I reach the bomb. It will give me the control panel but not the hacking screen.

If any dev's read this please post the control panel's code number in spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecats View Post
    Did you have trouble hacking the bomb? I'm trying to hack it. I keep hitting the 'e' key but it doesn't go into the hack screen. It just keeps counting down until the bomb goes off. I was able to hack the door to get into that room. It's 658 and counting down when I reach the bomb. It will give me the control panel but not the hacking screen.

If any dev's read this please post the control panel's code number in spoiler tags.
    the code is on a npc gaurd reallly near the room. i managed to knock all of them out without killing them on hardest difficulty. the code is on the pocket sec. read it. press tab.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyPuppy View Post
    the code is on a npc gaurd reallly near the room. i managed to knock all of them out without killing them on hardest difficulty. the code is on the pocket sec. read it. press tab.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BugReporting View Post
    I'm playing on the 360.

OK! im with you on this one.. It just happend to me! i found DOUBLE T. in the sewers. he aggrod me from somewhere.. i know its him because im by the electricity in the sewers.. he moved closed and DIED somewhere. and then i failed the quest!

I dont know how long eidos can deny theres issues and bugs with this quest because of where npcs spawn. ur final gang member was in the sewers and my double T was in the sewers. makes no sense! obviously its something i did THINK off like the admin said.. >_>// i should have KNOWN! he is inside the wall and floors clipping out..

Ha. I say again sir, HA! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Typical arrogance. This is not an issue of needing to double check. This is a bona fide BUG.

Most are experiencing it with a random one of his cronies, and apparently this guy with Double T himself. HOWEVER, if you read up in the thread a little bit, you will notice that one of the guys you need to take down to complete the quest, (I say again NEED TO to complete the quest, won't complete without it, not an option, no partial credit) spawns (for some people) in an inaccessible room and the only way to get at him currently is to somehow provoke him into clipping through the wall, which might be a workaround, but I daresay is not how the quest is supposed to go.

Granted as you say many people have gotten beyond this point without encountering it. Maybe it doesn't bug for everyone, maybe not everyone bothers with sidequests. But it is happening.

I get that this is DX, where puzzles require thought, and careful consideration. This I know. I can't count the number of times I played through the original over the years. I even forced myself through a repeat playthrough of DXIW. But this is not like that. THIS IS A BUG. Something in the game is not working like it should. In a game we've waited YEARS for. And instead of a solution, we get condescension. Unbelievable.

TL;DR: Forum mods should actually read the posts in the bug report foru- Oh, wait we don't get a bug report forum, we get a single thread where everything gets buried, sorry, the bug report THREAD and realize there really is a problem before talking down to people.

Edited for spelling.
    Last edited by karnaj0001; 08-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.

MORE bugs for CLOAK and dagger. Right now i am not in combat with anyone.. no one wants to kill me. I go to the sewers and i hear some battle music. then i go turn off the power in the sewers so the electricity on the floor doesnt hurt anyone. I get a X, saying double T and I get a X saying i was detected by derelict ballers. if i leave through the police area where omally is hes hostile.

if i leave the sewers another way and talk to jenny. I cannot leave conversation with Jenny. all options talking to her about the quest are there except the option to leave the comversation! you get stuck!. i can do this over and over.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE. i hope another admin doesnt tell me to double check.. im kind of sad i was told i needed to THINK MORE. without the side quest i read this game can be done in 10 hours or so. when i buy a rpg i dont buy it for that small amount of time. :/ i want to finish my side quest to enjoy the game. It is a BUG. i feel lesss confident this will ever get looked at or resolved because of what the admin told me.

i can even provide mroe screenshots for said bugs. i hope i dont get ridiculed..
    Last edited by FluffyPuppy; 08-25-2011 at 09:28 AM.

ps3 version

hi

Myself i had the bug which a enemy npc is stuck in a unreachable room in the mission cloaks&daggers.
    What i did funny enough is to throw myself down the fire stairs which did a reload and then the enemy was in the room beside his unconscious buddies and a dead one.

I would like to talk about the dead enemy....the thing is i knock him out not killed him,i didn't hold O because i got the bonus nonlethal exp bonus .So i did a test with the unconscious enemies in the room.I go near a enemy hold square and it killed him , yes i dragged him and it killed him. I tried with double-T, i hold square.... dead ! ,and with a bonus , it failed the mission.

So did this glitch void my no kill run which rob me of the trophy ? because i didn't see at first and i saved my game with one dead guy dead by dragging accidentally because i wanted to loot him.

PS: What is the yellow ''i'' marker in the map ( select menu) mean ?

Default Motherly Ties: Spoiler free

Chalk me up as another "Motherly Ties" bug owner. Eidos if I skip the end of this quest will I ruin the chain? Can I continue the game without destroying the work I did for this quest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSFmHYA28Q

Quote Originally Posted by Dougz View Post
    ps3 version

hi

Myself i had the bug which a enemy npc is stuck in a unreachable room in the mission cloaks&daggers.
    What i did funny enough is to throw myself down the fire stairs which did a reload and then the enemy was in the room beside his unconscious buddies and a dead one.

I would like to talk about the dead enemy....the thing is i knock him out not killed him,i didn't hold O because i got the bonus nonlethal exp bonus .So i did a test with the unconscious enemies in the room.I go near a enemy hold square and it killed him , yes i dragged him and it killed him. I tried with double-T, i hold square.... dead ! ,and with a bonus , it failed the mission.

So did this glitch void my no kill run which rob me of the trophy ? because i didn't see at first and i saved my game with one dead guy dead by dragging accidentally because i wanted to loot him.

PS: What is the yellow ''i'' marker in the map ( select menu) mean ?
    dragging kills ppl should be a bug imo. it happens to me on PC also. makes no sense. The admin already answered this question though he said. "We've had many people pass this point without issue.. there are sometimes little things you THINK you may have done but need to double check etc.. "

so the npc spawning weird and people random dying and npcs not showing up unless we do special reloads is... something We the players need to double check.. its our fault. >_>

I definitely didn't miss anything, and touring the sewers revealed nothing. The final part of the quest has warped outside of level bounds. Something about this quest needs to be fixed, preventing the enemies from clipping through the walls.

Recently, they clipped down to the middle of the crouching T intersection, inside the walls. I can see their feet poking out, but I can't shoot them. They shoot me through the walls, but my grenades and bullets are useless.
    Last edited by BugReporting; 08-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Same issue with Cloak & Daggers. No way to finish mission and only objective left is clear the area out so she can take Double-T. I knocked him out and killed the others. I had the crossbow, but finally had to drop it somewhere due to needing the space. Have no idea where it is now, I've completely retraced my steps and cannot locate it. Hope I won't need it to finish the mission once they patch a fix.

More importantly, I noticed that the remaining objective marker does not appear on the map. It does display on the HUD, but does not seem to be at a reachable location. It is no longer on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Near as I can tell it should be on the third or fourth floor of the building above the tunnel that leads from the basketball court to the alley (the one you have to go through the fence to reach). On top of that, just before I go down the steps to the tunnel (alley-side) I'm less than 20m from the marker. Once I enter the tunnel I immediately jump to over 180m from the marker!

There is definitely a bug here!

I loaded the game onto my xbox 360 hard drive to reduce loading times, maybe you never tested it like that? Could that have something to do with it, maybe the spawn points for those guys are higher up than the others, and the level loads in before they can drop down to the rest?

EDIT: YESSSSSSS! I DID IT! On my billionth attempt, 5 spawned in the apartment, and one above. While I was thinking of how to get that one guy to follow my sounds to a place he will clip to where I can kill him, he just clipped through the ceiling right in front of me (and started threatening me, hahah). Armblades ahoy, then the rest was a snap. SUCCESS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this bug.
    Last edited by BugReporting; 08-25-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast