Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BUG REPORTS (in game)- All issues/discussion - BEWARE: Spoilers Inside

I have done everything imagineable and still can't get it to work. I had points where i could play and it was fine, but when i tried to reload a save it crashed, i had points where it wouldnt start, i had points where i could get to the menu and it would crash as soon as i chose a difficulty level.

You have a RAID configuration?

During the first mission, when in the warehouse with the gas bomb and the hostages, the game makes an auto save if you fail to disarm the bomb. So, once you die, you load the auto save and are right back in the room with the gas only to die again!

What would have been nice is for the auto save to make a save point before entering the room, or right after, and before messing with the bomb. That way, if you fail, you can try again.

[PC Version]
    The health bars, wine, etc don't leave your inventory once it's used up. It turns the inventory slot red but I haven't found a way to remove it. Below is a pic to illustrate it:

Those 2 items are no longer part of my main inventory so why is it still there and how do I remove it?
    Last edited by eastcoasthandle; 08-24-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mohazek View Post
    I have done everything imagineable and still can't get it to work. I had points where i could play and it was fine, but when i tried to reload a save it crashed, i had points where it wouldnt start, i had points where i could get to the menu and it would crash as soon as i chose a difficulty level.

You have a RAID configuration?
    not , only using a single SSD
    The best way to resolve a problem , is kill the problem

the black screens occur often during loadings.
    The best way to resolve a problem , is kill the problem

Default Shanghai Justice quest gliched

I'm stuck on the sidequest Shanghai Justice. I'm up to the part where I have to search Lee's apartment. I hacked the comp and listened to the answering machine, both triggered dialogue with Malik, but now I can't find anything else to use. I see a baseball bat and a broken clock on the shelf, but neither are highlighted, nor can they be interacted with.

There's another forum post about this, but its not in technical support for some reason:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119924

Anyways, I can't continue in the game since I want to finish this mission, so any help would be appreciated.

Replace it with something else?
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthandle View Post
    [PC Version]
    The health bars, wine, etc don't leave your inventory once it's used up. It turns the inventory slot red but I haven't found a way to remove it.

Those 2 items are no longer part of my main inventory so why is it still there and how do I remove it?
    To move quickslot items (1-0), open up the inventory, highlight the item you want to move and press a new key (1 to 0).
    To remove an item, open up the inventory, highlight the item, press it's corresponding key.
    If the item you want to remove is no longer available (you've used it and it's no longer in the inventory), again, from your inventory page, simply press the item's number.

Default BUG: Motherly Ties Sidequest

At the end of the quest when talking to Cassandra Reed at the Chiron Building the dialog tree is missing a node.

When you first talk to Cassandra the main dialog tree contains two nodes: "complete quest" and "leave." When you choose the complete quest node there is no "return" node that allows you to go back to the main dialog tree. I cannot complete this quest.

There is a video on You tube showing this http://bit.ly/rquieS so other folks are having issues as well.

Is anyone else having this problem??
    Last edited by abot; 08-24-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Same deal. It seems that the issue is that there are supposed to be 4 things you explain to her after selecting to complete the quest. Three of them you pretty much have to get, as the motherly ties markers on your map wont move to the next part until you finish investigating the last.

For me anyway, the problem seems to stem from having shot up the police station. The 4th thing you explain to her only appears after you talk to some guy at the police station. For me anyway, the problem seems to stem from having shot up the police station. This should not affect the completion of 'motherly ties', the dialog options early in the chain even acknowledge that I shot up the police station. When the guy says to talk to a cop, it replies that i wore out my welcome at the police station... so at the very beginning of the quest, they knew i had killed everyone in the police station, and hence i couldn't possibly talk to whoever they want me to talk to... but it let me continue. In short, if you killed everyone in the police station, you can't finish this quest at present, due to somewhat lazy/fail programming.

"In short, if you killed everyone in the police station, you can't finish this quest at present, due to somewhat lazy/fail programming."

That makes sense cause I killed everyone in the police station. I agree with you, this is a programming failure. If your game is designed where the user is able to use different technics to complete quests the outcome has to accomodate the different user scenarios.

I think this is a design failure as well. You should never have a main quest and side quest overlap with the same characters and locations. A main quest should never effect the outcome of a side quest, hence the name "side quest."
    Last edited by abot; 08-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Default MCB stuck behind wall, hindering mission progress

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there are some apartments in the detroit apartment complex that appear to be fleshed out on the map but which have doors that don't happen. One of these is located across from Double T's MCB apartment. In the Jenny Alexander mission, you're supposed to neutralize all of the MCBs, but one of them spawned in the apartment across from the MCBs, which has no openable door. Thus, I can't neutralize him and therefore can't complete the mission.

Any idea on how I can get around this bug? Is there any cheat that lets you walk through walls, knock someone out through a wall, or complete an objective without actually having completed it? I can't reload an older save because I've only been using autosaves. I can see him with the vision aug, I just can't do anything about him. He coughs if I pop a fire exinguisher in the hall, but explosives do nothing and I don't have gas grenades (if they're even in the game).

A number of people have had this problem (MCBs spawning in the wrong place), but not all of them have been this inaccessible.

I am having a problem with this as well. I did not shoot in the police station before I talked to Chase but I did hack doors/computers. I think I put them on alarmed status at one point in time.

Not so much upset that I have failed the quest (if I truly have). More upset that when I talk to Cassandra one of the options is "complete quest"

Playing on the PC.

ohh well. time to hard save then kill Cassandra so at least I can fail the quest.

This is your fault Edios

Last edited by dead_phoenxi; 08-24-2011 at 01:53 PM.

I found a workaround solution for the Motherly Ties Sidequest but it involves having to play not only the side quest but the main quest in the police station over again.

I just hope they come out with a patch for this. I don't know if I really want to play the main quest and side quest again.

Motherly Ties Solution: You must talk to Chase first, ask about everything, then go straight to the police station to talk to Wegner. Just enter to the police station and you can see Wegner, he wont talk to you, so go outside, and get into the police station and find a way into his office on the 3rd floor. In his office, hack his computer, go back outside, and go back into the police station main entrance, talk to Wegner again, he will confesse that he is a corrupted cop. Now you can continue, hack the storage area, get the evidence you need and complete the side quest.

The key is talking to Wegner if you don't you will bug.
    Last edited by abot; 08-24-2011 at 08:30 PM.

On the PS3, there is an incredible amount of glitching. Examples include multi-colored artifacts popping in and out (with the majority being black and green), strange textures (like long jagged spikes protruding off of characters) popping in and lingering, and weird shadows and lighting issues. This seems to occur most during interactive dialogue scenes, but it is present throughout the entire game. Please patch this soon! This makes the game almost impossible to really enjoy, as so much of the greatness of it lies in its atmosphere, and the severity of the glitches ruin any immersion the game would normally generate.

Just noticed the moderators are now starting to move all the individual issues threads into this one.

The problem with that is, given replies go in between each other time wise, once they get blended into this single thread you get un quoted replies several posts down the line that no longer make sense cause they refer to a much earlier post on a different issue to the posts in-between, which just makes things more confusing.

Might want to rethink that one.
    "I spill my drink!"
    "...what a shame..."

Default Bug in Cloak & Daggers

I am trying to complete the Cloak & Daggers subquest and have accomplished every objective except one: Neutralize all MCB Opposition. I knocked out Double T and shot all his cronies, even the ones in the room downstairs, but there appears to be one more that I simply cannot get to. The problem is, the objective locator indicates that the last guy is on the floor above Double T (level 5 on the map), but as far as I can tell from the map, there aren't any rooms up there, or at least none the player is supposed to be able to get to. I tried going further up the fire escape, but the windows up there don't open and can't be broken. I systematically searched the entire building top to bottom, breaking every box I came across to make sure there were not vents to crawl through: nothing. Then I went around the building (or as much as it will let you go around) to try to find an alternate entrance and nothing. The only conclusion I can reach is that this is a bug.

EDIT: After beating my head against this for so long, I finally just unloaded a clip in the direction of the quest marker in frustration. Apparently this got his attention, and he moved towards me, clipped THROUGH the wall, and i was able to shoot him. Quest complete, finally, but damn that bug was annoying.

On a side note, I'd like to heartily agree with the post directly above me, most games have a whole forum for bug reports, not just one thread where everything gets buried, likely after awhile to never be seen. Same goes for the official spoiler/help thread in the game forum. Please consider establishing new forums so people can get help with their specific problems.

EDIT AGAIN: So I read some more posts and realized I wasn't the only one having this problem, hopefully my solution (accidental as it was) works for someone else too. I would like to address this though:

There is a spot in the "locked" room that can be broken through into from the hallway outside (dunno if you have a spare praxis or a lot of ammo or a grenade :P)
    The breakable wall goes into the room on the other side of the hall (Double T's room) not the room where the clipping guy is.

Again, hopefully yall can get his attention with gunfire.
    Last edited by karnaj0001; 08-24-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevar View Post
    I have the PC version of DEHR and unlike everyone else, im getting a different bug in the side quest Cloak and Daggers. When i first passed through the DBR place i picked up the weapons stash, deactivated the antenna and met Malik on the helipad. After going through all the stuff when Malik picked me up i looked in my quest log to see the weapon stash part of the cloak and daggers side quest was not completed. I thought i maybe forgot to pick it up so i went all the way back to the DRB only to find the weapon stash underneath the floor in that room by the sewer entrace unobtainable ( i couldn't pick it up). I have googled this problem and looked through forums and cant seem to find another person that has encountered this problem, help me!!!
    In the weapon stash there's a suitcase, if you try to open it, it should update the mission.

Just noticed the moderators are now starting to move all the individual issues threads into this one.

The problem with that is, given replies go in between each other time wise, once they get blended into this single thread you get un quoted replies several posts down the line that no longer make sense cause they refer to a much earlier post on a different issue to the posts in-between, which just makes things more confusing.

Might want to rethink that one.
    Agreed, they should have a separate forum with individual threads. Devs will be able to better make sense of all the valuable feedback we're providing.

During the first mission, when in the warehouse with the gas bomb and the hostages, the game makes an auto save if you fail to disarm the bomb. So, once you die, you load the auto save and are right back in the room with the gas only to die again!

What would have been nice is for the auto save to make a save point before entering the room, or right after, and before messing with the bomb. That way, if you fail, you can try again.
    Or alternatively, you can do like I do, and abuse the hell out of quicksave/quickload.

Default Motherly Ties Broken (spoilers)

I've seen some other people posting on this and since I didn't see it on forums and don't want to have the game spoiled by visiting the bug/glitch tracking thread I thought I'd bring it up in an individual thread. Be warned, there be spoilers ahead.

When I try to speak to Megan's mother in the lobby of Jensen's apartment building I run into an issue where I get stuck in the dialogue options. I select all available dialogue options (three) and after the third, regardless of order, I get the dialogue tree back but it is empty. The game must then be ctrl-alt-deleted out of the engage the menu and reload an earlier save.

From other threads I've surmised that part of the quest is to speak with a Chet Wagner who should be in the police station Lobby. I cannot find him there. If it is in any way relevant, I cannot speak with Ryan behind the counter either, though I pissed him off enough when I first entered the police station for him to give me the cold shoulder.

I've retrieved all evidence from the cold storage locker and cracked the safe, but not in that order. I first stumbled upon the cold storage safe after already getting intel telling me it was there, and read all the data pads but did not crack the safe. Spoke with Megan's mom, encountered issue. Later I broke into the police station and hacked Penn's computer, tried Megan's mom again, same issue. Then I found out about the safe that I had somehow missed, went back and cracked it, read the data pad and took the bracelet, went to Megan's mom, but no good. If it matters, I cannot see Megan's bracelet in the inventory screen after picking it up.

Other details that might help debugging. After first taking the quest I talked to Megan's mom again right after initially speaking to her while still outside Sarif industries. She asked what I'd found and I left. I tried to talk to her later after I though I completed the quest before entering Derelict Roe, which is when I first encountered the bug. At this point I have completed all quests and my plane is waiting to take me to the next area inside derelict row, and I am encountering the issue. After I try to speak with Megan's mom after picking up the bracelet (still not in inventory) I still only have three options for dialogue.

Just to throw more stuff out there, I've heard that people who speak with Megan's mom again before completing the quest seem to encounter the bug more. My entry into the police station raised alarm and got violent, for all I know I may have killed Chet Wagner if that is possible. I did not use social aug on Megan's mom's informant (don't recall the name)

Also, I have already checked for the most recent update and am currently up to date as much as Steam has updated.

Good luck figuring it out guys. Great game otherwise, it really is Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Reliablesand View Post
    I've seen some other people posting on this and since I didn't see it on forums and don't want to have the game spoiled by visiting the bug/glitch tracking thread I thought I'd bring it up in an individual thread. Be warned, there be spoilers ahead.

When I try to speak to Megan's mother in the lobby of Jensen's apartment building I run into an issue where I get stuck in the dialogue options. I select all available dialogue options (three) and after the third, regardless of order, I get the dialogue tree back but it is empty. The game must then be ctrl-alt-deleted out of the engage the menu and reload an earlier save.

From other threads I've surmised that part of the quest is to speak with a Chet Wagner who should be in the police station Lobby. I cannot find him there. If it is in any way relevant, I cannot speak with Ryan behind the counter either, though I pissed him off enough when I first entered the police station for him to give me the cold shoulder.

I've retrieved all evidence from the cold storage locker and cracked the safe, but not in that order. I first stumbled upon the cold storage safe after already getting intel telling me it was there, and read all the data pads but did not crack the safe. Spoke with Megan's mom, encountered issue. Later I broke into the police station and hacked Penn's computer, tried Megan's mom again, same issue. Then I found out about the safe that I had somehow missed, went back and cracked it, read the data pad and took the bracelet, went to Megan's mom, but no good. If it matters, I cannot see Megan's bracelet in the inventory screen after picking it up.

Other details that might help debugging. After first taking the quest I talked to Megan's mom again right after initially speaking to her while still outside Sarif industries. She asked what I'd found and I left. I tried to talk to her later after I though I completed the quest before entering Derelict Roe, which is when I first encountered the bug. At this point I have completed all quests and my plane is waiting to take me to the next area inside derelict row, and I am encountering the issue. After I try to speak with Megan's mom after picking up the bracelet (still not in inventory) I still only have three options for dialogue.

Just to throw more stuff out there, I've heard that people who speak with Megan's mom again before completing the quest seem to encounter the bug more. My entry into the police station raised alarm and got violent, for all I know I may have killed Chet Wagner if that is possible. I did not use social aug on Megan's mom's informant (don't recall the name)

Also, I have already checked for the most recent update and am currently up to date as much as Steam has updated.

Good luck figuring it out guys. Great game otherwise, it really is Deus Ex.
    I'm having the same problem on 360. It's beginning to piss me off.

I am playing Cloak and Dagger and at the leg of the mission where i have to take down double-t (on PC).

One of the mission objectives is to eliminate all gang members. As several have mentioned, there is one gang member who appears to be stuck in an inaccesible room across the all from double-t's apartment.

That's a long mission, and i am almost done and want to complete it!

I'm also having the same problem. In response to the original poster, I had already gone into the police station and 'riled things up' as it were. When I went to talk to the retired security officer Jensen said "oh, probably wouldn't be welcome in the police station..." despite...also needing to go into the police station to hack the captain's PC and get to the evidence.

sad face

Default BUGGED SPAWN: CLOAK AND DAGGER.. Double T

It doesnt matter if i even start a new game reload exit buildings, I know I go to the right spot for Cloak and daggers. Double T is not with the MCB's like he supposed to be he doesnt spawn in the bedroom. I see arrows for a mystery npc in inaccessible areas.

I am not alone on this issue if you look around google for Double T, cloak and daggers help etc.

I am in the correct place. The npc is not there in the bedroom where he supposed to be. Other people have gotten him to spawn correctly by going in buildings exiting reloading. Whatever the sollution is, Its not working for me.

kinda frustrated here. Is there a no clip console or something so i can knock this guy out in the random bad spawn hes in and just get on with my quest? I wanted to complete all the side quest.

im on The hardest difficulty and have encountered no bugs except this one. BLAH! its always gotta be something. i must have reloaded, restarted, moved in and out of zones. tried new games. must have added a good hour or 2 or 3 to my time wasted.

EDIT: I AM ON PC 3ghz rana cpu /12gb ddr3 ram / 1tb noisy 1st gen sata. hd/ 5770 1gb. vcard./ windows 7 home premium oem.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast