Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Game CRASHING/FREEZING - All Issues / Q&A

I have the same problem

Default Game Crashes to Desktop after elevator ride (Typhoon Level)

Title says it all I enter the elevator and go up, doors open, everything is fine them... BLACKSCREEN, right after I step out of it, I can spend however long I want in the elevator but second I step out it crashes to desktop. Anyone else have the same issue? Cause I know alot of people are crashing on start up but ingame?

Default Similar issue

I also experience in-game crashes. I get dumped back to the desktop with no error messages or information. It always happens in response to certain in-game triggers. I'm only 20 minutes or so into the game. It ran normally through the prologue, I am on the warehouse rescue mission (1st mission post-augmentation). When I try to access a computer in my office, it crashes straight to desktop. When I try to fire the tranquilizer rifle, it fires, and crashes to desktop during the reload animation. Oddly specific.

I get same errors, same problems.

Unhappy I want this game to work.

I realize that I more than likely will not get the answers I'm looking for, but I thought I might as well post this so that the people working on the game could get a sense of how many people are experiencing the crash to desktop problem. For me, the game crashes anywhere from five minutes to an hour after launching. This is the error message I get:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: dxhr.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.620.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e53c8bd
    Fault Module Name: dxhr.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.1.620.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e53c8bd
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0069858a
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: dxhr.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.620.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e53c8bd
    Fault Module Name: dxhr.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.1.620.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e53c8bd
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0069858a
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

As a side note, here are my system specs:
    i7 920
    GTX 570 SC
    6gb Corsair Dominator
    Asus P6T6 WS Revolution mobo
    Corsair 1200Watt power supply
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    WD raptor 280gb

Last night, I re-validated my game files, installed the newest Nvidia drivers, restarted my computer, tried all the different possible video settings, searched endlessly for the files for that AMD .dll fix, then realized I've never had an AMD card on my computer, so the files wouldn't exist. Then I went to sleep one very unhappy camper. I woke up today and saw to my amazement that the game had been hot-fixed, assuming that all was well, I started up the game, and low and behold, I held a new record for the fastest Crash To Desktop I had yet to experience for this game. Now, I'm going to re-validate again, if that doesn't work, I'll uninstall/reinstall my drivers, hell, if need be I'd reformat my computer just to play this game, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's not the fault of my drivers, operating system, or computer hardware, it is without question the game developers who are to blame for this.

I don't expect an answer as to how to fix this problem as an end-user; however, I most definitely expect some sort of, "We're working on it," or, "We're sorry we ruined your gaming experience," or, "We know we shouldn't have released the game like this, and we'll try our best to fix it." Mr. Forum Admin, please relay this message to your boss, or whoever it is that makes the decisions to release games in this state.

Sincerely yours,

An incredibly infuriated consumer

anyone have anything that worked for them i didnt try yet? :/

I have almost the same specs and the same issue as ghost rider. I'm about 15 min into the game but I've spent 3 hrs irl trying to play. i know you guys will fix this and I love Dues Ex, all of them, but if you could at least let me skip the publisher/developer logos in the begining i think i would only be 2 hrs invested. I'm try to grind through through the crashes but it is frustrating since after every other crash all my options are rest to defaults. Next time i crash I'll see if i can get a dump log.

My game freezes at the same moment every time. It is during the cutscene after the firefights in the burning Sarif labs where some guy with augmented red arms is about to punch something. I don't know what, since I cannot get past that first 2 seconds of the cutscene. I have to use the task manager to close Dues Ex, which gives me the "has stopped responding" error.

Even if I try to skip it, it still freezes. It freezes if I press skip, and it freezes if I "take too long" (2 seconds) to press skip. I've tried running admin, updating drivers, updating flash player (before this issue, I kept getting "flash.ocx missing" errors, which I fixed), running in compatibility mode, changing settings in advanced, the ATI driver renaming workaround, with the new patch, and nothing works. I can't play past the first 10 minutes of the game because of this.

The only thing that can fix this, it seems, is a patch on the developers end.

ps.. i crash on "Exit Game" :/ probably not important but i thought i'd let u know

Default Crash on Exit

Crash on exit, every time. I've ran in XP/Vista compatibility mode no difference. Ran as Administrator, no difference. No AV software running. Runs DA2, ME2, Witcher2, Modern Warfare, etc all with zero issues.

Can upload a crashdump from the game folder to the devs if they think it would help.

Faulting application name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Faulting module name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00419fa8
    Faulting process id: 0x13c4

Nvidia 570
    Driver Version: 280.26
    Ram: 12gig
    CPU i7 950

Default CRASH CRASH CRASH

Ok, i just payed 60 bucks for a PC game that simply refuses to run. I really feel as if these people are all glitter and no code; how is this legal? How does a company as big as this dupe us into buying an unfinished game? Is our trust misplaced? This is the last time i pre-order a game, i trust game developers no longer. If you can botch a launch this big, with this big a marketing machine, then you simply do not deserve the confidence of your costumers.

I learned a lesson today: do not be taken by shiny objects. I bought into the hype, and all i got is my liver sticking out of my ear from the level of anger this farsse produced. Never again. I shall wait a few months till developers actually finish a game before i pay 60 dollars again. It makes me wonder why i am paying 60 bucks, why not just wait for games to lower their price and save over half the money? The answer is i wanted to promote game companies and their intellectual properties, to reward initiative and gall, yet i am left with an acrid taste in my mouth... i feel robbed, shame on you, EA, NEVER AGAIN.

I updated my drivers and checked everything but still no dice, it keeps closing without any notice, error, or anything.

I've checked Event Viewer and there are no errors for the Deus Ex exe

I don't know what to do, I've tried everything that has been suggested, but it doesn't solve the issue.

Oh, i forgot to mention this game got a 94 review at PCGamer magazine, i usually trust this source of information, yet i shall trust nothing henceforth, the only antiseptic for this sore is time. Time for others to be duped, time for developers to actually do serious work... trust nothing, simply wait, and better yet, save a bunch of money, these people do not deserve full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Solehk View Post
    Oh, i forgot to mention this game got a 94 review at PCGamer magazine, i usually trust this source of information, yet i shall trust nothing henceforth, the only antiseptic for this sore is time. Time for others to be duped, time for developers to actually do serious work... trust nothing, simply wait, and better yet, save a bunch of money, these people do not deserve full price.
    Not to suggest your problems aren't frustrating, but relax a bit. I reviewed the game and, while I experienced crashes, they weren't too frequent. Playing the retail edition of the game, I've had even fewer issues. Why do you assume anyone who isn't having problems, reviewers or regular players, are liars? PC games are prone to problems due to the fact that you simply can't anticipate every single possible combination of hardware, software and system preferences that users will have - testing can help reduce it but not eliminate it. That's a reality you have to accept as a PC gamer, even if sometimes it does bite you in the ass.

Just give them time to work out the kinks, and do your best to ensure that your system isn't to blame here (lacking updates, viruses, incomplete game files, corrupt driver install, overclocking, etc.). A friend of mine was having some crashes until he turned off Data Execution Prevention for the game executable, as well, so you may want to try doing that yourself if you haven't already.

Oh, and for the record, EA aren't in any way involved with Deus Ex, past or present.

I can sometimes get around a previous crash then a few minutes later it just crashes again. Hopefully this is noticed I really really want to get back to playing this game.

Unhappy games goes Not Responding when loading cinematics

Doesn't matter which cinematics, tutorial, ingame, I even had it crash during the intro with all the logos (btw, if there's a way to disable those, that'd be great).

Just updated the video drivers to the latest from Aug 9, also the game itself has been updated with the hotfix.

Any thoughts, suggestions, questions? Thanks.

Default Band-Aid for gaping wound (freeze/crash)

If your game is constantly freezing and crashing then youíre just like the 100% of everyone else that chose the PC version. If you go to your control panel and create a new user (I did non-admin) and play Deus Ex from that new account you will not crash and freeze up as much. YOU WILL STILL HAVE CRASHES! ... just not as much, again itís a Band-Aid for a bullet wound. Hope this helps a lot of you

hey im kind of having the same problem only for me i dont even get to play. for me i can get into the game and it doesnt crash until after i have selected a difficulty and then it starts loading and show all the tips and stuff but then all of a sudden (after loading for about 30+ sec) the game just crashes to my desktop. i have tried most everything that i can think of and most all of the stuff that everyone has already posted (uninstalling/re-installing, i've looked for the atiadlxy.dll and atiadlxx.dll and i wasn't even able to find them, (i have a nvidia card if that makes any dif) and it still hasn't worked yes i even checked and updated my graphics drivers earlier today so i know thats not it

Quote Originally Posted by thegrogster View Post
    OK. Got home, got the hotfix through Steam, tried the game again and it crashed again.

I disabled DirectX 11 and tried again and it worked. This isn't the reason I paid for an HD6990 but I'm happy I can at least play the game.
    how did you disable the DirectX 11? if anyone can help or has found a solution i would b very grateful for the info

Default Game Freezes at Guard Tutorial

Just got to the part where the Guards tutorial comes up. Played it but there was no video, nor sound. The text below kept going though. But then it also stopped, so I hit the ESC to Skip Tutorial button. At that point, the entire game stopped responding and I had to kill it via task manager. This is on the hardest mode, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Game was smooth up until this point.

i5 2500k @ stock
    Asus P8P67 Pro R3.1
    8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24
    W7 Ultimate x64
    XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB Dual Fan on Catalyst 11.6
    DX11 mode with all settings to highest.
    Not sure what else you really need to know.

Default Crash during dialog

When I'm in a dialog, when I press one of the dialog's options, the game crash and it returns to the deskop. It seems that it does that every time I press the LEFT choice. I played the game like 8 hours and this bug just appeared suddenly without any reasons. Someone know something that could help me get rid of this bug?

Ps: I'm on Steam and I do not receive crashdump when the game crash.

Crashed 8 times in less than 2 hours. I don't have problems with any other games. It seems like at a few places it will just keep crashing then eventually let me proceed. Eidos please chime in. Not sure if this helps or not.

i7 930
    ASUS P6T
    GTX 570, driver 280.26

Faulting application name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Faulting module name: dxhr.exe, version: 1.1.620.0, time stamp: 0x4e53c8bd
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x003580bc
    Faulting process id: 0x18a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc62074ef3e453
    Faulting application path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
    Faulting module path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\dxhr.exe
    Report Id: 914489b0-cdfd-11e0-aea6-485b39160067

Default Crashes at loading screens.

consistantly, I am unable to play the game because it crashes, over and over and over at every loading screen. sometimes I get lucky and it gets through but I am absolutely fed up now. I can't even get to the first mission because it refuses to load as I get in the helicoptor. It shows the cutscene and when it gets to the loading scree, just a spinning wheel.

I have dozens of .mdmp files I cannot read and this time when it crashed it finally told me something.

I am on a win7 ultimate machine, evga x58 motherboard, dual gigabyte 5870so's in crossfire. dell u2711 running 2560x1440, fxaa high and everything else maxed.

I am incredibly frustrated at this point. The temps on my system are well within safe ranges, nothing is overclocked, every single other game I have runs flawlessly, I have no hard drive issues, no bad sectors, no corruption and the disks defragment frequently on schedule.

Same here. mine is different though.

Just tried to resume a save... got this error

Wrong DRM version data 1829c4df, code 15
    rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\imf_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_lab2b_a.drm needed

Win 7 Pro x64

Default Game Crashes when tutorials play

I Downloaded the game through steam and only adjusted the field of view and set anisotropic filtering to 16X it appears to run fine up until the second tutorial on moving objects. I hold tab and the window comes up but nothing plays and then the game freezes and I have to close it through the task manager. The first tutorial worked fine and it appears that as long as I don't open any tutorials from that point on that there is no problem it is only on that tutorial and any others after it.

I did run the first tutorial without changing the field of view however I have no changed it back to try because any lower actually hurts my eyes to play at.

Running at 1440X900 resolution
    Field of view set to 90

Edit 1: After posting I went to update drivers and sure enough there was an update for my video card however after installing nothing changed. I even went and tried resetting the video options and field of view back to normal but they still didn't work so instead I ignored the tutorials but just to be sure nothing was missed watched them on youtube. However this brought up a new issue that actually is a real problem whatever comes after the opening credits/operation gives me a black screen with music and what sounds like footsteps going on after about 30 seconds I realized this was not part of the game and opened task manager. It claims to still be running and going back I was given the menu and tried to exit to main menu which then caused the game to crash.

This is something that is really a problem because the other issues I could ignore and go right past however now I am unable to progress past the Opening level because of this Freeze/crash

Please Help.

System Specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock M3A785GXH/128M Motherboard
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Video Card
    4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (2 X 2 GB Sticks)
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition Processor
    Last edited by elijahmon; 08-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glavius View Post
    Same here. mine is different though.

Just tried to resume a save... got this error

Wrong DRM version data 1829c4df, code 15
    rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\imf_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_lab2b_a.drm needed

Win 7 Pro x64
    Incredibly frustrating. I have tried defragment in steam, verify integrity in steam, uninstall the game, delete the game directory, reinstall the game... I don't know what to do. This sucks

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast