Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Game CRASHING/FREEZING - All Issues / Q&A

Default GEFORCE 540

The game doesn t launch with this card in notebook with i7 win7 64 sp1 . Whit intel 3000 the game launch before changue card on nvidia control panel

I think we had this before, most probably an issue with NVidia's Optimus.
    Try setting the game to DX9 or your laptop to use the NVidia GPU exclusively when playing.

It's a bit weird, I still get strange slowdowns at random.
    What happens is that at times, the framerate goes down to something like 1fps, making the game totaly unplayable.
    It doesn't crash, though, and I might even be able to quit it (takes very long though, as the low fps persist even in the menu).
    It can be fixed by just restarting the game, but I still find it somewhat strange.

At first I thought I had fixed it by going from the newest NVidia WHQL driver (306.something) back to the last beta before that, but while I had less since I did so, they still happen. I still consider this driver the potential culprit, but I can't be sure of it.
    I also considered a heat problem, but interestingly, the fans slow down when it happens, what makes me believe that for some reason either CPU or GPU (or both) reduce the clock speeds as when idling, i.e. enter some power-saving mode. While that may happen when overheating, DX so far has been the only game where I had it, even more demanding games run fine for a long time and the temps are not unusual either, as far as I can tell.

As I had not played much/regularly since the last patch, I cannot pin-point it to any specific patch or driver install.

I just want to say that for me uninstalling AMD catalyst and all its associated stuff fixed my problems.

Under the latest AMD drivers the game crashed every single time I went into room with the pc in the penthouse apartment in Hengsha. I then uninstalled the AMD stuff completely, and can play happily again. As I used to be able to when the game first came out. Seems recent versions of catalyst might be causing some people's problems, especially in Hengsha.

Worth a try anyway, even some Nvidia guys have noted using older drivers sometimes fixes their crashes.

Hello!
    At first everything was fine, but after 12 hours of playing I noticed a gradual decrease in frame rate after a few minutes after launch. After that the game is unplayable...

Does anyone know why?
    Thank you in advance for your answer

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/12/2012, 11:24:44
    Machine name: ORZEHMASTAH
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: Polish (Regional Setting: Polish)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: P35-DS3L
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Page File: 1903MB used, 6283MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Game completely locks up when using a controller. Works fine for an entire playthrough on M+K, but controller - as soon as the game finishes loading it locks at a black screen.

Is there a fix for this? The controller used to work fine. I'd love to see if it's buried somewhere in the config files, but... You know.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthOrzech View Post
    Hello!
    At first everything was fine, but after 12 hours of playing I noticed a gradual decrease in frame rate after a few minutes after launch. After that the game is unplayable...

Does anyone know why?
    Thank you in advance for your answer
    I might suffer from the same problem (see my post a little bit up).
    Not sure what's causing it, I suspected the NVidia driver at first (I even have the same GPU as you).
    Try installing a different one (newest WHQL or alternatively something pre-300 series maybe.
    Could be though, that it was introduced by the latest patch or is caused by something completely different.
    One guy reported some fps issues that have been resolved by stopping the "tabletinputservice".
    I've you have a graphics tablet running, maybe that's another thing to look for.

Hi there can someone please help?
    Whenever I click to load my saved game, the game crashes and I get a message saying "deus ex human revolution has stopped working"

why?? This isn't the first time I played the game. Already put many hours into it, but I haven't been playing for some time. Now that I want to continue, I got this error.

I went into my steam folder and found folders called "dxhr_651_crash_2012_11_1T12_30_13C0.mdmp"

Please help, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Zoido View Post
    It's a bit weird, I still get strange slowdowns at random.
    What happens is that at times, the framerate goes down to something like 1fps, making the game totaly unplayable.
    It doesn't crash, though, and I might even be able to quit it (takes very long though, as the low fps persist even in the menu).
    It can be fixed by just restarting the game, but I still find it somewhat strange.

At first I thought I had fixed it by going from the newest NVidia WHQL driver (306.something) back to the last beta before that, but while I had less since I did so, they still happen. I still consider this driver the potential culprit, but I can't be sure of it.
    I also considered a heat problem, but interestingly, the fans slow down when it happens, what makes me believe that for some reason either CPU or GPU (or both) reduce the clock speeds as when idling, i.e. enter some power-saving mode. While that may happen when overheating, DX so far has been the only game where I had it, even more demanding games run fine for a long time and the temps are not unusual either, as far as I can tell.

As I had not played much/regularly since the last patch, I cannot pin-point it to any specific patch or driver install.
    You are not alone. I have the exact same issue you described except I'm using a Radeon 6900 2gb so this would suggest the issue is not with a video driver but the game itself. I have found that turning off DX11 appears to stop the problem but then I have to deal with terrible chopping whenever a large open area is being drawn. A patch is well overdue!

I don't know if there is a specific 360 thread but as soon as I go into the police station the game freezes it has also frozen in other spots but mostly the police station & at one point messed my 250 gig hard drive up to the point of reformatting it which caused me to lose progress in every game in my library, my zune videos which I would have to go back to the united states to re-download. So aside from not being able to play the game I spent 2400 msp on I lost over 20,000 msp in movies & tv shows. have downloaded the game more than once & both downloads the same thing happens in the same place.

my problem is that the game just wont start in dx11 mode(getting black screen and nothing happens)
    runs fine without dx11 enabled....witch is funny considering i'm running both the new tomb raider and crysis 3 in dx 11 without any problems whatsoever...drivers are up to date..had to to run tomb raider properly

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T@3.72ghz(running stable for 2 years)
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz
    250gb ssd disk
    2xRadeon HD 6870 in crossfire
    850w PSU

running the game in dx9 is not really an option when i know my comp can run dx11 games without any problems and i would say crysis 3 got heck of alot more system demands than deus ex HR will ever be able to crank out

I am having the "left dialogue crash" problem, and none of the fixes listed here have helped. My game will not launch with the newest version of the .exe file, so validating the cache doesnt work because the game just wont launch. I downloaded an earlier version of the .exe file and the game launches, but now I am experiencing the left dialogue crash issue.

Like I said I've tried all fixes listed in this thread, and in many other threads around the internet. The last thing I did was update my drivers, but to no avail.

One idea I had was I read that pirated versions of the game had this same problem. Maybe the earlier version of the game I downloaded was a pirated version? Could that be it?

Any ideas on what to do?

Unhappy Deus Ex: H:R Directors Cut PC

Hi,

I have just bought the steam version of the directors cut. game installs fine but the game wont load at all just crashes without no error message. Im getting MDMP files in my game director.

System: Windows 8.1
    Intel i5 4570 3.2Ghz Running at 3.5Ghz
    RAM: 8Gb
    GTX660

Any help with this situation would be good .

Daz

Exact same scenario as you CD13, just bought Director's Cut and am getting the

Wrong DRM version data 0, code 15
    rebuild of pc-w\cinematicobject.drm needed

error message.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stuttering needs to be fixed. This game has yet to perform as well as the original.

My game crashes when entering the "Alice Garden Pods" in the second level of the Daigong district. My game was running extremely well up until this point and now I cannot move on with story :-( I'm currently playing the PC version on Steam. Please resolve this ASAP, can't live another day without playing this game!

Specs: AMD FX 8350 8-core @ 4.5GHz (core parking & turbo boost disabled)
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1866 (not overclocked)
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler (with high quality after market thermal paste)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler (no overclocking with default nvidia CP settings)
    SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply
    Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
    Creative Sound Blaster Z 70SB150000000
    Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK
    Western Digital WD Green WD10EADS 1TB (steam games installed)
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX Motherboard
    ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray Drive

Just joined the forums to share what worked for me:

I was having the problem where the game wouldn't even launch. Someone further up the thread mentioned disabling the integrated graphics in Device Manager. I tried that and the game launched in a tiny window in the corner of my screen. Once there, I was able to get into the video options and choose "fullscreen" which - as one would expect - ran the game in fullscreen without any issues. Finally, I changed the DX setting to 11 (with some trepidation after reading about those issues here), restarted the game, and it runs like a charm.

So, thank you to the poster who recommended disabling the integrated graphics!

Ross

Smile [SOLVED] crash & reset

here, the game caused the computer to reset more and more frequently.

After trying all the fixes described here (update NVidia driver, creating new Windows user, even overclocking the graphics card) I found the solution (for me) more or less by accident.

After checking the files integrity in Steam and entering the game settings once again, I noticed a "DirectX Update" popup.
    After that, everything runs fine. No crashes, at least not within the last two hours. Before that, I couldn't play for more than 5 minutes..

I had always suspected that the crashes happen in a low level driver, or even on hardware level.

So maybe you guys should focus on repairing DirectX.

Edit: after switching back to windowed mode, the crashes came back. In full screen mode, everything is ok.
    So the bug seems to be related to windowed mode.
    Last edited by chakaa; 06-16-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: update

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a crash similar to the one people experience with DX11 enabled.

Fair Debt Collection Action Cleveland
    Fair Labor Standard Act Claims Cleveland
    Fraud of Fiduciary Duty Cleveland
    Last edited by LandsGrieco; 06-18-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Default Deus Ex HR will not start with more than 24 cores!

Eidos,

I believe I have found an issue with Deus Ex not starting on systems with many cores. I contacted Square Enix support and they recommended posting here for a fix. On a brand new PC, with Windows 7 x64 and dual Xeon CPUs, fresh install and up-to-date everything, the game will not start (from Steam) unless I disable cores from msconfig down to at most 24 cores (as in, HT virtual cores included). Graphics card is an ASUS GeForce 780 Ti.

This may solve the issue for some people who cannot launch from Steam and see the Preparing to Launch window, then the window disappears and they get no error; this seems to be a prevalent un-answered question.

My system has dual Xeon E5-2650v2 8-core CPUs, which will show as 32 hyperthreaded cores in Windows. There are some of us out there with many-core systems and there will be more many-core systems mainstream in the future. If there is an assumed maximum in the engine at 24 cores for compute or shader threads, this may be a noteworthy issue that could affect more and more people.

A diagnostic tool reports that the executable is crashing upon a second-chance exception due to an invalid memory access error during initialization. There is a notice in Event logs but it does not mention the memory access issue. If I disable 8 or more of my 32 cores, the initialization succeeds and the game comes up immediately and operates perfectly.

Dave

Unhappy Same here

Even though i am playing on the xbox 360 i have the same problems: constant glitches, game crashing, load failures, atrocious loading times, and some missions flat out disappear forcing me to restart the whole game till i get to that point. im really disappointed because im a long time fan of the series and just got this game but am now regretting my purchase

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728