Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Game CRASHING/FREEZING - All Issues / Q&A

Ahh you are on a laptop.. okay drivers for these are `harder` to come by if they are not supported by the default drivers on amds website

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Go here, and use the `form` at the top right for your chipset etc. .it will advise you if it has newer drivers for you

or if you just want to get AMDs auto driver tool http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...to_detect.aspx
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Default Game freezes during opening cinematic

Every time I try to start the game, the intro cinematic begins to play correctly but immediately after the 'nixxes' logo fades out, the gold, in-game cursor appears (with nothing else- black screen) and the sound enters a stutter loop where the same 1/2-1 second snippet plays endlessly. This happens consistently, at the exact same point every time.

I've tried verifying my steam game cache and ultimately ended up redownloading altogether. I've restarted steam and my PC several times. I've verified that I'm running the latest ATI drivers (11.8). I've tried disabling my anti-virus software. I've tried running the steam client and Deus Ex as administrator. I've tried disabling all options in the setup, and have tried at various resolutions both with DX11 enabled and disabled. I've tried with headphones on my PC (via realtek board) and over HDMI using my video card. Nothing I've tried has allowed me to progress past this one point, which is very frustrating as I've never had any problems running any other games on this PC.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Specs:
    Win7 64-bit
    Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
    12 GB ram
    Radeon HD 5900

Did I mention I have a raid format? That kind of error ck will take a few hours. I have a feeling that this is a valve, eidos, issue and not a HD one. There's just too many posts that are in the neighborhood of the problems i'm having.

I actually reinstalled the whole game a second time and it still doesnt get past the copyright screen. How did I go from being able to play to not even being able to get past the copyright screen by defragging? Even after i reinstalled still cant get past the copyright. Its mind boggling!!

They are still occuring, while walking around, while doing cinematic takedowns, etc.
    I used AMDs auto driver tool by the way.

Arrow In-Game CRASHES/FREEZING - All Discussion/Issues

Hello!

I have installed the game today, from Steam, and the game freeze almost everywhere and anywhere in the game. It freezes when tutorial pops up, or/and when I hit Escape the tutorials, it freezes while I play, freezes also when cinematic is on, well it freezes from 5 minutes to 30 minutes into play for no apparent reason that I can think ove.
    All the settings from the game menu are maxed out.
    Strange I run all maxed out with FPS ranging from 100 to 175.

My system is Window's 7 64bits, running on Intel i7 975 Black Edition at 4.20 ghz with 6 gig of rams, and 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 ( drivers are 280.26 ) SuperClocked in SLI.

So what's the problem, please?

It is certainly not my comp, I play Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Dragon Ages 2, Crysis 2 and also The Witcher 2 , on all maxed out, and those games run perfectly with no crashe or freezing, with amazing FPS. My PC is ONLY 10 months old so....... so what's the deal EIDOS, please?

Thank you!
    Last edited by GhostRider51; 08-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Default Game crashes right after double clicking the icon

I downloaded it on Steam, and whenever I go to start it, nothing happens. And I keep getting error logs in the DX folder. Please help me

p.s. I already re-installed, ran as admin, and verified cache. Nothing works.

I think me and you have the same problem

Having the same issue here; already checked the FAQ and modified problematic files, still no luck

*bump* for viewage

I'm having the exact issue above as well, It seems to freeze immediately after the Nixxes logo should come to an end. I'm not sure if at that point it would show another intro cinematic or if it's attempting to load a menu.

Verified Steam Cache
    Force a complete Re-download
    Various restarts.
    Updated my video drivers (nVidia 273 to 280.26)
    Altered various graphics settings in both the launcher and registry
    Edit: Tried clearing ClientRegistry.blob, no dice.
    Edit: No Ati drivers anywhere on the system, so no atidlxy.dll to get rid of.
    Edit: Disabled Secondary Display, no effect.
    Edit: Tried altering the Compatibility Mode for the executable. Nada.

Went looking through the event viewer, found a "Application Hang" event for DXHR.exe:

+ System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Application Hang
    - EventID 1002
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 101
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2011-08-23T19:38:46.000Z
    EventRecordID 1156458
    Channel Application
    Computer Octavian
    Security
    - EventData
    dxhr.exe
    01cc61cc2bd41cf0
    430072006F00730073002D00740068007200650061006400000044006500610064006C006F0063006B0000000000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Binary data:
    In Words
    0000: 00720043 0073006F 002D0073 00680074
    0008: 00650072 00640061 00440000 00610065
    0010: 006C0064 0063006F 0000006B 0000
    In Bytes
    0000: 43 00 72 00 6F 00 73 00 C.r.o.s.
    0008: 73 00 2D 00 74 00 68 00 s.-.t.h.
    0010: 72 00 65 00 61 00 64 00 r.e.a.d.
    0018: 00 00 44 00 65 00 61 00 ..D.e.a.
    0020: 64 00 6C 00 6F 00 63 00 d.l.o.c.
    0028: 6B 00 00 00 00 00 k.....

Dunno what a Crossthread Deadlock is, but it sounds not-good.

Specs:
    Vista 64-bit
    Core i7 920 @2.67Ghz
    12 Gb Ram
    nVidia 285
    Dual display 1920x1200 & 1920x1080
    Last edited by IMoriarty; 08-23-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Trying more things.

Did the new drivers `improve` it tho in terms of how regular it happened? laptops and games are not normally good bedfellows, altho some companies go out of their way to create `gaming laptops` but they use `desktop` parts in the laptop so hardware wise you wouldnt tell much apart from an actual desktop.

Default Game closing without any errors.

Whenever I launch Deus Ex, I can only get to the menu before it crashes. If I move my mouse, it instantly closes out without any sign of error. This also happens when I use the arrow keys and enter to start a new game or try to adjust options. I don't get what is going on, nor do I have the slightest idea of how to fix it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Okay, I figured out a workaround for my issue, maybe this will work for you as well:

Immediately after you launch, alt-tab out of the app and launch your task manager. On the Processes tab, right-click on dxhr.exe and select 'Set Affinity...' Since it sounds like you have the same CPU that I do, you should see 8 'CPU' checkboxes (plus an '<All Processors>' checkbox). Uncheck the '<All Processors>' box and just select one CPU (I don't think it matters which). Alt-tab back into Deus Ex, and the main menu should now be able to load. At this point, it seems like you can alt-tab back into your task manager and re-enable all CPUs... for some reason it just seems to be a sticking point when first trying to load the menu (though I haven't tried playing the game yet, so it might cause problems elsewhere?)

Hopefully SE can figure out if this is a general issue with quad-core/64-bit processors and incorporate a fix for it in the first patch...

It's about the same, my laptop is a gaming laptop, as at the time of purchase it blew a $2,400 dollar hole in my pocket

I'm running an alienware MX14 and I'm having the exact same issues, didnt have a single craqsh untillI got to the city part and every time I get near the alley with the chick with the mohawk spray painting the damn thing crashes. cant climb onto the roof and progress because of this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ragequit View Post
    It's about the same, my laptop is a gaming laptop, as at the time of purchase it blew a $2,400 dollar hole in my pocket
    I have a Dell M1730, dated a bit, and 1 of the dual gpus fails `a lot` but i love it.. it overheats like a `mother` tho

Unhappy iN-GAME CRASHES/Freezing - All Discussion

Been having an odd problem that I can't figure out for the life of me, I'll start the game as normal but if I try to watch the cutscene eventually my game will crash into a full system reboot. The real odd thing is if I skip the cutscene I can play the game with no troubles at all until I reach the next big cutscene at the end of the tutorial.

I am running with:
    Core i7 CPU 920 2.67GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    6gb ram

Updated drivers and direct x and still nothing and I'm almost to the point where I just nuke the thing from orbit and format the whole drive . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think i'm having the same problem. The event viewer shows two other entries at the same time as the crash entries.
    Apparently there is some issue with the desktop window manager.

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (4)
    The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

I have googled a bit and that problem seems to not be limited to DX HR. Although it's the first game that caused it for me.

*edit* I'm using a desktop pc btw, so it's nt limited to laptops

This game is pretty friggin awesome with the bug crashes aside, lets hope this can get patched very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by detached View Post
    I think i'm having the same problem. The event viewer shows two other entries at the same time as the crash entries.
    Apparently there is some issue with the desktop window manager.

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (4)
    The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

I have googled a bit and that problem seems to not be limited to DX HR. Although it's the first game that caused it for me.

*edit* I'm using a desktop pc btw, so it's nt limited to laptops
    overheating is not limited to lappys.. my desktop machine produces so much heat is named the deathstar in the office

Hmm interesting about the DWM issue..

Yeah it's official. I have not only followed all suggestions here and in the FAQ, which means full checkdisk and all sorts of file fudging, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, twice. I've checked drivers, registries, I've pretty much given over to the "it's not me, it's you". I've been at this since 7:30am and its now 4pm.

So, "mark it zero dude." I'm done with this POS. Geuss like many others I'll have to wait for Valve and Eidos to un*&^% themselves. I havent seen a single thread that relates to the boxed retail copy having these type of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mohazek View Post
    Yeah it's official. I have not only followed all suggestions here and in the FAQ, which means full checkdisk and all sorts of file fudging, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, twice. I've checked drivers, registries, I've pretty much given over to the "it's not me, it's you". I've been at this since 7:30am and its now 4pm.

So, "mark it zero dude." I'm done with this POS. Geuss like many others I'll have to wait for Valve and Eidos to un*&^% themselves. I havent seen a single thread that relates to the boxed retail copy having these type of issues.
    You are reporting constant HD read errors, the version on disc is the same as the version on the steam servers.. steam works by ensuring the image on your hd matches what it is hosting..

What level raid are you running?

My laptop doesn't overheat too badly, but being as powerful as it is for a laptop, it's expected. I'd clean the fan inside out myself but I'm waiting for the warranty to expire in the next bit

I don't know I built my own system but I had a friend set-up the RAID.

I don't understand why none of my other games have this problem on steam though? They are located in the same place. Wouldn't they have a similar problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mohazek View Post
    I don't know I built my own system but I had a friend set-up the RAID.

I don't understand why none of my other games have this problem on steam though? They are located in the same place. Wouldn't they have a similar problem?
    Thats the thing with raid, the data isnt all in 1 location, its striped across the different harddrives depending on how its setup..

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast