Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,094 of 1094

Thread: STUTTERING & LAG / FRAME RATE Drop - Video & Audio - All Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by I've played around in both DX9 and DX11 mode and found that frame rate limiters and/or max frames rendered ahead set to 1 and/or various Vsync and TB settings can greatly reduce microstutters, but to completely fix them and get silky smooth buttery stuff you don't need any of that! You just have to use DX11 mode (VSync enabled) and edit the registry. In the [I
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR[/I] folder, set D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS to 1. Done.
    Works Gr8! thanks man, may u continue to play games w/o problem happily ever after.
    Last edited by jaycw2309; 05-29-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: No advertising - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
    After a truly insane amount of time spent on the stuttering issue, I have finally found a proper fix. I hope someone can add this to the OP if others find it works for them.

My specs:
    Core i5-750 (default clocks, Turbo Boost enabled)
    GTX 560 (default clocks, official 301.24 beta drivers)
    4Gb RAM
    7200rpm SATAII HDD (AHCI)
    Vista Home Basic

I've played around in both DX9 and DX11 mode and found that frame rate limiters and/or max frames rendered ahead set to 1 and/or various Vsync and TB settings can greatly reduce microstutters, but to completely fix them and get silky smooth buttery stuff you don't need any of that! You just have to use DX11 mode (VSync enabled) and edit the registry. In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR folder, set D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS to 1. Done.

Thanks a million Onelife .. You sir, are a star!
    I have spend countless of hrs trying to find a fix for the stutter issue but none of them worked except this one.

Shame on you Eidos for not beeing able to find this solution!
    CPU AMD 955 X4 BE - GPU ATI HD6870 2GB - MOBO Crosshair 3 Formula - RAM 4GB OCZ 1333 - SSD 120G OCZ Vertex 2 - Win 7 64bit

Well, I just picked up the game today. Sorry for those who paid full price...
    It was chunking so hard it was unplayable. I had NO idea that people have been looking for ways to just play the game for over a year or I would of just put it back. Eidos should of recalled all the retail PC games after 6 months of failure.

After spending the majority of my day off reading these forums, I came across the fix listed above. ^^
    Wierd thing is, in my HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR folder there is no D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS.
    It has AllowJobStealing and goes right to DisableForceFeedback!
    I was so excited to give it a try since Ive tried everything, like everyone else here. It was just missing, skipped right over it.

Any idea why my folder doesnt have that file?? I have Windows Vista if that means anything.

Im going to try and uninstall the game and reinstall it. It might of missed it in the upload?

If that doesnt work, Im going to print out the first page of this thread, and the last page (44!!) and take them and the game back to the store in hope of getting my money back!

Thanks

Well, I just uninstalled/reinstalled and still no D3D11....

Kinda weird. Guess Ill try playing it again for fun before trying to return it. Too bad, looks like a fun environment.

No idea why you wouldent have that entery..

Heres a little tutorial for ppl having trouble editing there registry, Shows you where too look.

http://ineveraskedforthis.net/fixing...on-stuttering/

CPU AMD 955 X4 BE - GPU ATI HD6870 2GB - MOBO Crosshair 3 Formula - RAM 4GB OCZ 1333 - SSD 120G OCZ Vertex 2 - Win 7 64bit

yea, thats where I was. Just simply not there. Weird.

I tried desperately hard to "play" the game last night. I dumbed down all my settings until it was so pixilated, it was like playing a game from the '90's. I got through the first stage and it went into the beautiful introduction and then dumped me to my desktop...
    Its a real bummer, I can tell they spent a lot of time and detail in the environment. I want to look at each piece, but, at this point, its just a waste of my time. Sorry Eidos, time to return to the store for a refund.

I hope Eidos will check and double check quality for Thief 4 before the release. I cant remember how many times Ive played Deadly Shadows front to back over the years. One of my all time favorites.

RAD! Got full refund and bought Portal 2 instead. Killer game and Im having fun again. Hope this gets fixed, or Ill just buy the console version in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
    After a truly insane amount of time spent on the stuttering issue, I have finally found a proper fix. I hope someone can add this to the OP if others find it works for them.

My specs:
    Core i5-750 (default clocks, Turbo Boost enabled)
    GTX 560 (default clocks, official 301.24 beta drivers)
    4Gb RAM
    7200rpm SATAII HDD (AHCI)
    Vista Home Basic

I've played around in both DX9 and DX11 mode and found that frame rate limiters and/or max frames rendered ahead set to 1 and/or various Vsync and TB settings can greatly reduce microstutters, but to completely fix them and get silky smooth buttery stuff you don't need any of that! You just have to use DX11 mode (VSync enabled) and edit the registry. In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR folder, set D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS to 1. Done.
    Thanks, this works!

I've got stuttering when looking at the Detroit hub and other huge areas. FPS drops way low, to like 4-5 when the game usually runs at at least 25 (don't have an FPS tool, it's all guesstimation).

Anyway, what I've found is that if I go into graphics options and change SSAO to Medium and then *back* to High, the stuttering is eliminated. Just gone. But when I've loaded the game freshly, I have to do it again, which is frustrating. The game has also crashed for me once while loading, saying that there was a problem with my graphics driver.

Specs:

Phenom X4 9950 2.6 GHz
    Radeon HD 5670, 512MB with 12.6 drivers
    4GB RAM (3.2 used)
    Windows XP
    Steam version

Any ideas?

I just bought this game, and I'm getting some completely ridiculous audio distortion and stutter that starts around the time the Eidos logo shows up before the menu and continues as far into the actual game as I was willing to suffer it for. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Specs are in the description.

Will relased some new patch for this game on PC? because stuttering is still there.

If anybody is still having problems with the stuttering, I definitely recommend onelifecrisis' fix. It's the only thing that fixed it for me.

I went ahead and made a quick tutorial video on how to do it. I definitely recommend giving it a try at least.

One Life's registry tweak COMPLETELY RESOLVED the stuttering issue for me. The game is now silky smooth, and I have pretty weak hardware, just a Core 2 Duo with a GTX 460. Thanks man! I have no idea why Eidos couldn't fix this themselves when it was that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    Well, I just picked up the game today. Sorry for those who paid full price...
    It was chunking so hard it was unplayable. I had NO idea that people have been looking for ways to just play the game for over a year or I would of just put it back. Eidos should of recalled all the retail PC games after 6 months of failure.

After spending the majority of my day off reading these forums, I came across the fix listed above. ^^
    Wierd thing is, in my HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR folder there is no D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS.
    It has AllowJobStealing and goes right to DisableForceFeedback!
    I was so excited to give it a try since Ive tried everything, like everyone else here. It was just missing, skipped right over it.

Any idea why my folder doesnt have that file?? I have Windows Vista if that means anything.

Im going to try and uninstall the game and reinstall it. It might of missed it in the upload?

If that doesnt work, Im going to print out the first page of this thread, and the last page (44!!) and take them and the game back to the store in hope of getting my money back!

Thanks
    Vista doesn't support DirectX11. That's your problem. Unfortunately I don't think his tweak is going to work unless you upgrade to Windows 7. But it's worth upgrading to 7 anyway. It's a massive improvement over Vista in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrmonkey View Post
    Vista doesn't support DirectX11. That's your problem. Unfortunately I don't think his tweak is going to work unless you upgrade to Windows 7. But it's worth upgrading to 7 anyway. It's a massive improvement over Vista in many ways.
    As far as I know Microsoft has long since released DX11 for Windows Vista.
    It is not included in a fresh installation, but can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Sure Vista is capable of DX11.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Nothing what you just said has anything do to with the role of voluntary forum moderators, so I stand behind what I said in my previous post.

Yes, it sucks that you can't enjoy your game and I sympathise. But is it the fault of the mods? No. Is it their job playing mediator between the fans and the devs? Hell no.
    "Is it their job playing mediator between the fans and the devs?"

Then what is your job? You're useless.

Go upstairs and get some one who will actually go to the devs and say "Listen up. You've got a week to diagnose the issue and another week to implement a fix or else 3 weeks from now clear out your desk.

Here's a pack of smokes and a pot of coffee, have at er hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
    Talked to the guys and gals in the lab and here's their response...

"This sounds like the firmware update is needed to fix drm issues. Asus also has an update available but was lost on this link at some point, we are waiting for this to be added back also."

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...platforms.aspx

"It's important to note this is not DXHR specific, it's affected any game using certain drm methods."
    Sounds to me like the obvious fix is to create a patch that removes the need for DRM and loads from your god damn hard drive instead.

Hi, I just bough Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut on the Steam sale, and what do you know? The game stutters horribly. I have tried all the solutions posted here: MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner 60FPS limiters, tweaking the video settings both in-game and through AMD Catalyst, enabling triple buffering and v-sync, editing the registry, etc. Nothing works. These are my specs:

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon Dual-X R9 270X
    CPU: AMD FX-6300 6 cores 3.5 Mhz
    Board: MSI 970A-G43
    RAM: Kingston Hyper X blu 8 GB DDR3
    Display: HP w2207h 60 Hz refresh rate, 1680x1050
    HDD: Hitachi HUA721010KLA330 7200 RPM 1TB

It's incredible that after all this time Eidos can't be bothered to update the game so that it doesn't perform like crap while using the stuff they designed this damn game to be played best on! It's unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder if I should've bought an Nvidia GPU with an Intel CPU. I pass more time tweaking my games than actually playing them.

Anyone has other advice regarding AMD GPUs and processors? This crap is driving me nuts. The game stutters horribly no matter what I do.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344