Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: STUTTERING & LAG / FRAME RATE Drop - Video & Audio - All Discussion

I'm wondering if the camera stutter / frame skip is just an affect of the aggressive simulation of a "head bob" while running. While moving fast diagonally and changing the mouse aim, it is especially noticeable for me.

Default Circle Strafe Stutter.

Hello thank you for reading this. First I want to say this game looks great, has a great story already and seems like it's going to be a blast. I am not knocking it at all. I am just having a problem which makes me a little dizzy and it's happening a lot so maybe someone knows of a fix. (I don't think this is the same as mouse lag but I really don't know.)

Here is a video example. Somehow the video compression lost a few frames of the stutter in the shuffle, so in actuality it's a bit worse than what shows here. There's a cut about 2/3 that shows it really badly on this little glass object on the ground. It actually sort of induces vertigo when I watch it for too long.

Notice when I move in 1 direction it's fine, when moving in 2 it's still ok but not great. When I move in 1 direction and move my mouse (as if circle strafing someone) the screen jiggles back and forth like crazy. It's disorienting. I have tried disabling v sync, directx 11, ambient occlusion, and tessellation but nothing seems to work. It seems like it's hard coded into the game but shouldn't be hard to fix I wouldn't think. Usually I can find an .ini file or something and tweak some values but I can't seem to find them for deus ex. FPS stay constant the whole time at max.

I should mention I'm on dual quad i7s, gtx 570, 16gb ram. logitech keyboard and mouse with acceleration turned off in windows and in setpoint. It almost feels like the movement and the mouse are fighting against eachother for what is getting drawn during a rotation. Hard to explain I guess I hope the video makes it clearer.

Thanks so much for any help you can give here, I'm looking forward to playing this more as soon as I get this one figured out. I'm not really having any other problems, just the stutter. Any light that can be shed would be awesome. Thanks!

Hi, I installed the game yesterday and am also experiences really annoying frame skip / stuttering, especially when turning the camera around / aiming.

My rig:
    EVGA 9800GTX+ 512MB
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz overclocked to 3.6GHz
    4 GB RAM

Same here, please help

I've got it too, please help Eidos, the game is so great!

Thanks rokstrombo. Unfortunately I can't seem to disable the Hardware Acceleration through Windows 7. I've googled around and most people seem to be at that consensus. That did however provide me with an easy way to dump my specs in here.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/16/10 09:57:42 Ver: 08.00.15
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6719)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6719&SUBSYS_E186174B&REV_00
    Display Memory: 3822 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2034 MB
    Shared Memory: 1787 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Dell ST2420L(HDMI)

For sound I'm using my speakers with onboard VIA High Definition Audio.

Default Stutter problem

Anyway to fix this yet?, its getting kinda annoying, to the point where it becomes difficult to actually enjoy the game.
    My framerate always stays at 60 and i still get horrible stuttering. Also the the loading times are quite long, would like that fixed too.

Specs
    Intel i72600k 4.5Ghz
    G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 2133Mhz
    2x Sli DCUIIGTX580
    Windows 7 x64

Video Card Drivers - 280.26

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg34572 View Post
    Intel i72600k 4.5Ghz
    Intermittent stuttering is a common side-effect of overclocking, so try bringing the processor down to stock clocks to see if it fixes it.

I also have significant stuttering in the introductory cinematic. I haven't really tried playing the game yet, but the gameplay itself seems to be significantly smoother than the intro cinematic.

Is there a workaround to this? I'd expect it might be a while before it's patched, but anyone know of good workarounds or tweaks to reduce/prevent the cinematic stuttering?

Motherboard: Intel D945GNT
    Processor: ~3 GB Intel (I forget... whatever Family 15, Model 4, Stepping 3 is supposed to be)
    Physical Memory: 2 GB
    Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 3800 Series
    Video Card Drivers: 6.14.10.7119
    Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Audio Processor

Regarding overclocking, my system is not overclocked.

Same exact issue here, though I'm running the game at fairly minimal settings. The game itself is smooth, but the cutscenes are terribly stuttering.

Motherboard: Intel D945GNT
    Processor: ~3 GB Intel (I forget... whatever Family 15, Model 4, Stepping 3 is supposed to be)
    Physical Memory: 2 GB
    Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 3800 Series
    Video Card Drivers: 6.14.10.7119
    Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Audio Processor

What drivers you guys using?, latest one?

Default Same Here

I am running a GTX 460/i5 with the latest drivers and have the same issue.

I would recommend trying the following: DX11 on, tessellation disabled, vsync off, FXAA. I have had the best results on cutting down the skipping using these settings, though I am still getting an unacceptable amount of frame skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by stephensj1 View Post
    My tutorial videos are stuttering. Which codecs are in use? I want to try ffdshow or atleast make sure they are current. I could totally be way off base as to this being the issue, but I want to check this first, thanks.

Edit: It's just the tutorial videos that are stuttering, everything else is processing fine.
    I am experiencing the same thing with the tutorials stuttering and everything else being fine. I will make due, as well, but wanted to post in hopes that some resolution is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommando View Post
    I'm also having a problem with framerate drops, on an HD 4870. The framerate tends to be rather choppy when coming out of a loading screen, but I don't mind that too much as it smooths out after 20 seconds or so. Much more bothersome(and something I didn't notice until I got out onto the streets for the first time)is a tendency for the framerate to drop dramatically when turning a corner or otherwise stepping into a new area.

I can understand how generating that new stuff as it comes into view might increase the strain on resources and thus cut into performance, but I don't see why that should be happening here when I've played plenty of other games with much larger and and more active environments without having the framerate ever take a noticeable hit.

I've played around with various settings in-game and in CCC but nothing seems to work. Hopefully a patch or fix will come along to make the framerate more consistent. I wouldn't even mind capping the FPS at 30 if that would guarantee it stayed at 30 constantly and didn't stutter.
    I have the exact same problem as this guy, word for word. If anyone has any sort of potential solution, that'd be great to hear.

Yeah I'm having this same issue. It seems to really happen bad when I go up or down stairs, but there are lots of times where I'm just walking around and it will do it too. I'm pretty sure it's a engine problem because I just upgraded my computer and have no problem at all playing lots of powerful games on max settings like Metro 2033, Crysis 2, and Just Cause 2.

Specs:
    i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz
    G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
    EVGA GTX 580
    1000W PSU

I am having the same problem of the camera stuttering when zooming in on a keypad, console or whatever else while playing and I have to say it is quite frustrating. I hope we can at least get some sort of answer regarding all of this from another person or, better yet, the devs themselves!

Will it be patched? Is the issue with the game or our machines? Anything, please!

I have a Nvidia GTX465 with an i7 860. 8 Gigs of ram! (No overclocking on anything)

Also, as a sidenote none of the settings in the game change / fix / improve this at all. Definitely not vsync, that was the first thing I tried!

Default My solution to stuttering/low frame rates

I was getting pretty bad stuttering before, not matter what graphics settings I was using. In the process of finding a solution, I took a look at my RAM usage and noticed that my system was showing only 2GB of RAM being used when I have 4GB installed. Later I realized that the RAM was a loose, so I plugged them in fully. Now I had 4GB available.

This fixed the fame rate/stuttering issue when moving and looking around. So I guess, RAM is the bottleneck.

Windows 7 64
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA 460
    Intel QX8700

Same problem here, very annoying. Notice more in the streets.

i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz, 8GB ram, 2 x 570 GTX SLI running off a Vertex 2E SSD.

Get over 100fps showing using fraps (120hz monitor) with or without vsync enabled. Usually when turning corners.

I hope Eidos are looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by rokstrombo View Post
    You could try the following workaround to help troubleshoot this problem:
    • Start > Run.
    • Type 'dxdiag' and press Enter.
    • Click on the 'Sound' tab (there may be several if you have multiple audio interfaces installed).
    • Under 'DirectX Features', note the relative position of the 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' slider. Next, move the slider to the leftmost option 'No Acceleration'. Click 'Exit'.
    • Launch Human Revolution and replay cutscenes. If the stuttering is fixed, exit Human Revolution and try re-opening dxdiag and moving the slider further to the right to see if the stuttering recurs.

Note that changing the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level may introduce problems in other areas, so if successful remember to return the slider to it's original value when you finish playing.
    I have tried this fix and it did not alleviate the stuttering during cinematic videos.

Default Audio (gunfire, lips) out of sync

Is there going to be a fix for the laggy audio? Lipsync and especially gunfire is noticably off on my system.

Looking around at various forums, a lot of complaints seem to be from those using C-Media chipsets (Xonar DG, Auzentech Xplosion, HT Omega Striker) but I've seen a few Xonar DX (Asus chipset) owners complaining and it's not much better when I switch back to my Realtek onboard.

I took some blurry footage of both of them and slowed it down:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_HMGo9CDQ

Win7 x64, I've updated to the latest drivers for both devices, tried other output formats, and turned off any DSP effects. No other games seem to suffer from the same problem.

Default Upgrading Drivers Reduced Video Stuttering, But Did Not Eliminate It

Upgraded my ATI Catalyst drivers from 6.14.10.7119 to 6.14.10.7213 and that DID work to significant reduce the severity of stuttering during cinematic cutscenes, but it did not eliminate the problem. Stuttering remains significant.

That's the first thing that's helped, though.

Anyone else have any other fixes/suggestions/workarounds? Until we get a patch, we may be sort of stuck for a while.

I as well along with a lot of other people... http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2075294

Even with the lowest possible settings the game still has a horrible micro-stutter.

Win 7 64
    AMD HD 5850 latest drivers
    Phenom II X4 965
    4GB

Have the same issues purchased on steam verified files installed new drivers for vid card and on board audio chip (Realtek ALC888 8+2 Channel HD Audio) now I am uninstalling and restarting computer then reinstalling to see if that works so far nothing seems to fix it. The audio only lags during cut screens and very badly during the walk with the girl after 1st cut screen every time the door closes behind you sound will jitter and also when second char the girl talks. I have the setting set to lowest and disabled DX11 still has issues. I also disable surround sound and tried headphones still has issues.
    System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
    System Model: TA790GX 128M
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465

Same problem here. Not cool. Only noticed it in the city hubs, turning corners on the streets. Doesn't matter how low I turn everything, it's still present. I have a high end system too, needs patching or a solution.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast