Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Region Locks (see 1st post for summary of Q&As): Official - No lock for UK/EUR/US/AUS

Region-locking plan UPDATE
    We’re aware of some discussion regarding the planned region-locking of boxed PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and after careful review we have decided not to implement this in the UK/Europe. Please note, this plan only related to PC boxed games, and not digital or console editions.
    Last edited by jaycw2309; 08-18-2011 at 04:18 AM.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    We’re aware of some discussion regarding the planned region-locking of boxed PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and after careful review we have decided not to implement this in the UK. Please note, this plan only related to PC boxed games, and not digital or console editions.
    In the UK or anywhere within Europe? Also, is it what you're saying that download versions are entirely unaffected by any region locking world-wide (and that they never were)? Antoher thing: is this the official official word from Square Enix (read: are you authorized to make official announcements for the publisher)?
    "Buy Broccoli And LUBE!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES!

Thanks for clearing that out jay, now it's time for apologies for having such a plan in the first place.

We'll see...

I'm glad I didn't cancel my preorder at zavvi,as the Augmented Edition with all the bonus content appears not to be available anymore.Still,this is a bad way to treat customers by just shouting the word "region-lock",then revoking it and not giving any more information.I truly hope all you amazon.co.uk customers can get your oders of the AE back...

Edit: Nice!Glad all these posts made SE change their mind.Still hope all of you can get your orders back...

We’re aware of some discussion regarding the planned region-locking of boxed PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and after careful review we have decided not to implement this in the UK. Please note, this plan only related to PC boxed games, and not digital or console editions.
    So now PC English Copies will Work in Italy and Outside UK??

what does that mean? every copy could be used in the uk or (hopefully) uk editions could be activated all around the world? or just in the eu? clarify, please..

Nice job reversing it. But I'm guessing alot of those will not be able to pre-order their augmented edition again though...

...and after careful review we have decided...
    careful or frightened ... ? ^^
    Ich betäube mich...
    signature image

Yes this is for anywhere in europe.

So basically: If you didn't cancel your pre-order, congrats, you have won!

If Play.com or similar automatically cancelled your pre-order, e-mail them post haste and demand it put back in place.

Quote Originally Posted by handgriff sorgfältig View Post
    careful or frightened ... ? ^^
    Probably, frightened, I mean Square Enix had an awful fiscal year, and they need HR to sell well, they don't wanna piss anymore people off.

Wait, does this mean there is a region lock on console editions? I maybe want to import the UK PS3 edition of the game, because the German version does not feature English on the disc, and there is no possibilty to download additional languages on my console. If there would be a region lock, I won't have any legal chance to play this game in English.

On game.co.uk is still available for pre-order, both Augmented and Collectors version.

Wow, S-E is able to follow European free trading law, what a relief!

They still have to explain if this applies to the UK edition being able to be activated in the Rest of the EU or the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemuesepizza View Post
    Wait, does this mean there is a region lock on console editions? I maybe want to import the UK PS3 edition of the game, because the German version does not feature English on the disc, and there is no possibilty to download additional languages on my console. If there would be a region lock, I won't have any legal chance to play this game in English.
    The region lock in question was only in place for the pc version..

Glad I didn't cancel my preorder of augmented edition at DVD.co.uk! Nevertheless, I was very nervous the last two days, because of this..

Quote Originally Posted by Gemuesepizza View Post
    PS3's are not region locked in the first place, so you'll be fine. Xbox 360's however, are region locked I think because of their hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordasm View Post
    PS3's are not region locked in the first place, so you'll be fine. Xbox 360's however, are region locked I think because of their hardware.
    But even on Xbox EU and UK have the same region, so you can't lock the game to UK only for example.

Yes this is for anywhere in europe.
    so, a collectors edition ordered in a uk shop would still be unavailable in non-eu countries or?..

could you repost a table similar to the one on the first pages regarding various versions and their regional availability?

edit: and what is 'europe'? eu or europe?

I know why they unlocked it: ICARUS HAS FOUND THEM!!!!!
    Dr. Loboto: The bad news is, we're going to have to remove your brain...
    the good news is that your insurance should cover the whole thing.

If you're from outside the UK and wondering where the best place to buy the AE,(assuming amazon have sold out) its http://game.co.uk
    Delivery info here. game.co.uk are very good. Here's shipping info
    http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9845/Despatch/Postage/

Quote Originally Posted by musicrab View Post
    If you're from outside the UK and wondering where the best place to buy the AE,(assuming amazon have sold out) its http://game.co.uk
    Delivery info here. game.co.uk are very good. Here's shipping info
    http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9845/Despatch/Postage/
    +1 for this place. Have been ordering games from them already for 5-6 years to Latvia and haven't experienced any problems. Always delivers the game on the release day or on the next day's morning.
    Being drunk is just like having a really low framerate

Unhappy

Pleaseeeeee an response, im getting insane with this situation, I preordered the game from impulse but it says now that the game its not available in my region, still waiting for an replay from the sales department, they already charged me the game and Im strongly considering to cancel the preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by in_cognito View Post
    so, a collectors edition ordered in a uk shop would still be unavailable in non-eu countries or?..

could you repost a table similar to the one on the first pages regarding various versions and their regional availability?

edit: and what is 'europe'? eu or europe?
    its very clear for pc owners, that there is now no region locking on uk box copies OUT of the UK or within Europe..

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast