Thread: Deus Ex 1 speed problem

Default Deus Ex 1 speed problem

I am using the steam version of Deus Ex(game of the year edition). I am also using this guy's program, http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/. My problem is that Deus Ex runs far too quickly, but so far it only happens in the Hong Kong market district. Weird, huh? It's like when you fast-forward a DVD... my game is like two or three times as fast as it should be. I've been googling the problem for a half hour now, and none of the suggestions I've found have worked, though they did for others with seemingly the same issue. Interestingly enough, one of the possible solutions I came across was downloading that program I listed above, since that is supposedly supposed to come with a "speed fix"(the very problem I'm currently dealing with). Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Let me just repeat myself so I can stress the fact that the slowdown only happens in one area. I can walk into the canal district, and the game is back to properly running, but step back into the market district and I'm back to playing Deus Ex at light-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by doog1114 View Post
    I am using the steam version of Deus Ex(game of the year edition). I am also using this guy's program, http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/. My problem is that Deus Ex runs far too quickly, but so far it only happens in the Hong Kong market district. Weird, huh? It's like when you fast-forward a DVD... my game is like two or three times as fast as it should be. I've been googling the problem for a half hour now, and none of the suggestions I've found have worked, though they did for others with seemingly the same issue. Interestingly enough, one of the possible solutions I came across was downloading that program I listed above, since that is supposedly supposed to come with a "speed fix"(the very problem I'm currently dealing with). Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Let me just repeat myself so I can stress the fact that the slowdown only happens in one area. I can walk into the canal district, and the game is back to properly running, but step back into the market district and I'm back to playing Deus Ex at light-speed.
    if its only in the marketplace and nowhere else, an easy solution would be to just crouch when in the market district. that should slow you down a bit.

Well, the problem is the entire game is sped up, not just my walking/running speed. Enemies move and shoot faster, conversations are sped up, etc.

Turn vsynch on. Or use one of the updated renderers from here http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
    The game has problems once it starts going over 100 fps, the newer renderers include an fps cap that should solve the problem. Also make sure your CPU isn't using speed step or cool 'n' quiet if you're using a laptop as these also cause issues with the game timings.