Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

Default The All New Staticon and Skustings Sig asylum

As this is, primarily, a graphics thread, I thought I would also keep this here:

In days of yore, we used to run a series of Graphics Challenges whereby, a member (usually the winner of the previous challenge) would name a topic and everyone else was invited to create a graphic based on that topic.

When enough entries had been submitted, the graphics were put to a poll on which any forum member could vote for their favourite.

For some years, Solange preserved these on her web site and we kept links to these pages in the rules thread.

However, at the end of May 2007, she had to delete these pages due to space concerns. Also, interest in participating in these challenges had waned and entry levels were very low.

I felt it a shame to lose the wealth of graphic talent that had been on display, so I have now transferred all available pictures to my web space and modified the links in the rules thread.

If you wish to see what went on back then, take a look HERE.

Hopefully, one day, we may take up the gauntlet once more and re-institute the Graphics Challenges.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Driber; 07-25-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

Welcome, one and all. Pic by Cap'n Skusting
    If you are in need of a sig pic - This is the place to come.

A few points to note:
    • Please try to let me know, as clearly as possible, what is required. This saves time doing many versions to arrive at a suitable sig.
    • If possible, post links of specific images, with the request. It saves me a lot of time searching which, as a matter of policy, I am not prepared to do.
    • To ensure that the example images will not suffer from nasty hotlinking problems or end up dead in the future, please run all image links through the tool on this page and post the newly created link here.
    • If your example images are not on the web yet, but still on your computer, use this image host to upload them.
    • To see a gallery of all my sig work and all currently hosted sig pics Click Here.
    • For a walkthrough guide on sig creation using PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro, Click Here

• To insert an image into your signature, copy the image URL by right-clicking on an image and selecting "copy image location" or similar and then go to the Edit Signature page in your User CP and click on the link below the rules banner. Sig images will only show up for members who have reached Gamer status (14 days membership + 30 posts). You can already insert your image before becoming a Gamer, but you'll have to wait a little while before it shows up then.

• Please, do NOT PM requests for sigs to me. All sig requests should be posted in this thread. Thanks.

• We are not the only sig creators on the forum and we welcome input from other makers. The more style variety, the better.

We just ask that whoever takes on a sig creation request, he will FIRST post in this thread a notice "I'm going to work on memberxyz's sig" to avoid multiple people working someone's sig at the same time. After posting this notice, all other sig creators should "back off" and wait for the first creator to finish the sig. If the requester then is not satisfied with the creation and wants another creator to give it a go, he is free to request this.

If you would like your sig created by someone specific from the start, please feel free to state your creator of choice. If they don't respond quickly, I'll PM them to let them know that their services are required.

Enjoy.

Lets see how this goes.
    Last edited by Driber; 10-12-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: updated links
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

plz plz plz can u make me 1!!!!!!!

i tell u what...i'll give u a free reign...use ur creativity!

thank you

when can i expect it by???
    no need 2 rush...

Cool

Wow Staticon - can I have one please!!!! please!!!! please!!! Love TR, Star Trek, BonJovi just a few hints!!!

Thank you in anticipation!!!!

Can't wait!!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

now is good...i need a web site first...no one wants 2 help me make 1...i'll download it though...thanx!
    what are the things on the side by the way?

Well, now me wants one. I want something with a dragon in it. And obviously, my forum name, DKSM. Not very fond of bright colors though, so don't make it all pinkish.
    signature image

staticon, I see you live just up the road from me, care to post a sig to me j/k

Admittedly I would prefer to use a sig pic instead of my now unused avatar

Could you PM me?
    signature image

Thumbs up

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, I love it sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!
    signature image Laramaniac signature image
    "Ohhh.....that's where we put the temple!!"

thanx for mine...it not that i dont like it...but it is a bit wierd...could u plz make me another 1...pretty please...
    i like LoK...bright colours(not pink)...i am a member of the unseen fangs...and i also like funny stufff...maybe a picture of a midget or something

It's Grrrrreat!

Lets see if it works. (I have it dloaded and checking it thru my site so you can delete it off yours )
    signature image

thanks stat...
    again...no need 2 rush!

Originally posted by staticon

OldGrandad -

Hmm, well I am not too sure of the china figure

I am half as old as that but still think like an 18 yr old

Something a bit more action orientated?

Not too much?

Thx for your effort

Oh, by the way I live in Basingstoke
    Last edited by Driber; 07-26-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    signature image

staticon ur doing a great job...keep it up!

Laramaniac:

DKSM:

OldGrandad:

Last edited by staticon; 07-26-2011 at 02:56 AM.

so far all the sigs that u have made are hectic...xcept for the ones u made for me...im gona get some pics now that will help u....i do mean it though...keep up the good work!

getting much better..the top one is really kewl...can u plz make it abit smaller then put this nex 2 it
    Last edited by Driber; 07-26-2011 at 02:37 AM.

What, like this?

Last edited by staticon; 07-26-2011 at 02:57 AM.

jah...thatz great!!!!!!!!!!!
    do u mind leaving it up on ur page 4 a while plz...dont worri not 2 long!

thank you soo much!

Thumbs up

Glad you like it. No worries on leaving it there for now. I cleared a load of old pictures off the server this evening and made a bit of room there.

I am hoping, in the near future, to start a proper sig hosting service. Anyone think this would be a useful service?

is there any way to automaticly show signatures without clicking on it???

I believe that you must select 'Show Sig' to make it appear. This is a good idea as, otherwise, the sig will appear in every post and take up vast amounts of space on Eidos' server. The generally accepted custom is to only show your sig pic in the first post made in any topic. It should then be left out on any subsequent postings.

good idea...i'll do that fromm now on...
    i think a sig hosting site is a good idea...it would help alot of ppl!

i just noticed something funny...this mountain in my sig looks like Pride Rock from the lion king!!!!!!!!!!

it is a great sig!!

I know how to make my own pics. Look at my sig. Made it myself.
    Get Paint Shop Pro. Its a great making pictures program

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast