Thread: This is my favorite in the series

Default This is my favorite in the series

Right now I am playing Tomb Raider: Legend on Onlive.com and I have to say its my favorite game of them all. I've even looked and played a bit with the games that come after and I'm kinda sad they don't seem like this one.

Its ironic, I like the variety... where Lara isn't always in some dark tomb.. The motorcycle fights above ground were fun as were the acrobatics she had to do on Japanese skyscrapers. Its the traditional Tomb Raider and Lara as we've always known but there is a little Alias (the TV show) thrown in there.. and that made it a blast. I don't want the game to be over.

I am hoping they will bring some of that back.

Check out "Anniversary". It's a remake of the first one, yeah, but it's got the "Legend" engine, so there's alot of similarities. Mainly the Lara render, what moves she can do, and the grapple, but it's solid and closer to the "Legend" vibe then "Underworld" was in that sense.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Yes I agree in a way. For some weird reason I don't have a favourite as long as she's in a tomb I'm happy. But I love the classics as well. I was a bit disappointed at underworld though!

Hoody

Legend is my fav of the more recent TR games Though TR2 is my fav overall I think Legend is the one I find I can most go back to and start playing over and over. The range of locations and outfits is completely fabulous. I love swinging on the grapple whilst having the amazing Japan skyline below and Nepal is real fun to race through. There is so much in unlockables, time trials and the mansion that even with the low completion is time the game is still one you can spend ages on. Many people seem to dislike the intercom banter but I really like the humour there and think it's good Lara has more interaction. I too prefer Legend over Underworld. I hope that some of the environmental diversity, the wide range of cool outfits and replayability of Legend return in future TR's.
    signature image

"Legend" is definately the TR I go back to the most. No matter how many times I play it, it's always FUN.

And of course, I agree w/ what Gemma has said above. I don't understand why people bagged on the intercom chat. It was always good dialouge, and Zip and Allistair are one heckuva comedy duo.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Its my favourite to I think its the combat I like the most, you have so much flexibility with how you go about different tasks through out the game and I love that about it. I to love Zip and Allistar they are halerious and I think Underworld, although I love this game as well, would have been more amusing in the long run with them commentaiting like in Legend.

i certainly love legend alot! I was very naive about the series for some time, and that was one of the first games i played! But i do favor the old games over the new, the angel of darkness is one of my favs. Im still working on the old ones. And ya, as far as the new ones go, that one is my favorite.
    "There's a lot of sickos loose on the streets... That's ok. Some of us like it that way "

Legend has a real longevity to it much more than say Underworld. I love the light hearted comody and the way it feels when using doing the jumps and swinging moves. The fact every level is it's own independent adventure makes it not too intimidating to pick up without thinking I am going to have to play this big set of levels.
    signature image

My favorite level of Legend I think is Tokyo levels, she looks so sexy, and love the scene where she has her hair down.

It is a classic. Such a wide range of places to explore and you have to feel like you will have to play for hours to complete a level like the classics.