Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **NEW** Blood Omnicide Video

I know all about the heart of darkness and its properties, have played BO1 also like twenty times through. That's not what he's talking about. He's looking at the design of Kain's armor and sees the chain mail gut area as "exposed" compared to the iron plate armor on his chest and shoulders, etc.

Edit: Oh, you meant my retort to Nessdark. I was joking. I know he was talking about Kain being resurrected by the HoD. I just felt like adding that

The whole 'heart of darkness' thing was so annoying you would be ressurrected and 'HEART OF DARKNESS!' - get hit by a fireball or something before you can remove kain, scream 'HEART OF DARKNESS!' Argh im stuck in this flipping loop!!!!

Me again fellow LoK fans!

More screenshots of BOmnicide have been released, including the main menu and the inventory menu!!! amazing stuff, I pray for them to finish this one, dso far the best fan project IMO.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Just epic!!! amazing!!!!

Sweet! Thank you, Berrr.
    "Hope."

Awesome, as always I especially am wondering about the third pic, if that's indicative of an added first person camera for Kain (I thought it was a cutscene image at first, but then there's the health bar and stuff at the bottom right)

All I know is, I sure wish they'd hurry already lol, no, I want them to take their time, but man, all this teasing <-- It's got me going emoticon-happy, haha.

Currently doing a play-through of BO1. And I'm thinking just how detailed the landscapes are for such early PS1 graphics. Seeing these new screens and considering that the landscapes are already nicely detailed, the finished product will be mind blowing. Man I can't wait for this game to be completed, it's going to be insane! And possibly third person too! GIVE ME THIS GAME!
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

It looks like they made Kain's ears pointed.

Kain's ears were already pointed. Look back a page to this post and you'll see a side-by-side comparison. Although, his ears are now perhaps a tad longer/larger.

I've never noticed that for some reason. I guess it must have been because of the lower quality of the image. And looking at the FMV Kain, it looks like his hair covers his ears, so that's why I didn't notice it in those either. I can't believe that I never noticed that.

Some great news. Blood Omnicide now supports PS1 version as as installation base.

They are also working on increasing quality of Blood Omen FMV's - Distinct Chronicles Project.
    In the meantime, you'd best burrow deep.

Wow, that refined BO1 FMV is pretty sweet. This project is amazing.

I second that sentiment, Hylden.
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

good stuff, just wondering how much longer this will take to finish, there might be a remake finished by SE before that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Awesome, as always I especially am wondering about the third pic, if that's indicative of an added first person camera for Kain (I thought it was a cutscene image at first, but then there's the health bar and stuff at the bottom right)

All I know is, I sure wish they'd hurry already lol, no, I want them to take their time, but man, all this teasing <-- It's got me going emoticon-happy, haha.
    First person mode is allready possible in the demo by using the folowing trick ingame: Press Shift+Esc and type: set cg_fps 1

Some more 1st person screens:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by The Hylden; 03-27-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Edited huge honkin pics!

First: Wow! Thanks for the info and those pics are pretty darn outrageously gorgeous!

Second: Please remember to use the thumb code for pics that break the forum boundaries and are crazy huge. Anything wider than 800 pixels breaks the plane and generally looks bad; not to mention for users with slower connections, this can greatly slow down their browsing experience. Thanks.

Yeah sorry thought forum would automaticly compress pictures to a thumb of max size as is usual the case.

Heh, we're not that fancy schmancy 'round these here parts just yet

I really can't wait to see more of Blood Omnicide. It does look like the best fan project to date.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

After a while of silence, RazorWind Games have released a new Blood Omnicide video, exploring the Energy Bolt dungeon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lYjHmy14c

I love it all, especially those new vistas of the Pillars - great idea.

Looks great! Except...

Now those pesky knife throwers can throw in 360 degrees, instead of just 8 driections. They hit me enough before, they dont need help lol.

Yes, this is fantastic

I love the blood and gore effects. The enemies do appear to be tougher, reacting a heck of a lot faster. I do love the wolf form, jumping down from that to tier in the dungeon. The trees look great, love the sloping pathway, showing depth to the world. Yes, I also love the new shots of the Pillars. I wonder if the change to the health bar and other sections is the final way they're doing it.
    Last edited by The Hylden; 12-14-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: The health bar wasn't on the left. Playing Defiance too long, I guess...

Is it me or did they reduce the occurance of "VAE VICTUS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! VAE VICTUS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! VAE VICTUS! VAE VICTUS!"?

I hope the changes are optional.

Wow... Just wow... Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. This looks amazing. I love the detail the put into everything: the way they had the platforms extend out over spikes, the detail of the flays, the energy bolts, and even the gooey sound-effects when the enemies get blown to pieces. These guys have done an excellent job; can't wait for the next footage.

Nicely done! I will play it asap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast