Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **NEW** Blood Omnicide Video

Default **NEW** Blood Omnicide Video

Wow, good find. I would love to play this!
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

That's utterly fantastic!

Yea i know right! the amazing thing is though that the patch just changes the way its rendered (the website even shows improved quality FMVs!)

The wonders of technology today means that fans can do make games and remakes and such. Which is amazing, we wanted a remake of BO and fans have delivered where the official developers haven't wanted to do it.

Yeah, too bad I have no idea how to get it to work. I haven't played my PC version of BO1 in like 8 years. Do you need to do all of that comparability stuff first, like slowing the processor, and such still? I also can't tell if it's patched, or not. I tried that Dark Places.exe, but it opens saying it can't find the console... I wish this came with a readme file that explained it, but I don't see one that does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Yeah, too bad I have no idea how to get it to work. I haven't played my PC version of BO1 in like 8 years. Do you need to do all of that comparability stuff first, like slowing the processor, and such still? I also can't tell if it's patched, or not. I tried that Dark Places.exe, but it opens saying it can't find the console... I wish this came with a readme file that explained it, but I don't see one that does.

Use the CubanRaul (there is a 2.0) patch now which means no need to mess around with CPU grabber and that. After u done that use the BIK video patch and there you go you now have a fully working copy of BO1 on PC

It really is that easy You may have to go on properties and set compatibility to windows 95, 256 colors and run in 640x480

thats all i did and it worked

Thanks, man. I got not only it to work, but the demo now.

I have some thoughts on the demo. First: it's amazing! lol. So great to see this and experience it, really. The world wrapping around you, the fluidity of items as they pop up, with antialiasing maxed out, it's just grand and it's hard to go back to the innate version of BO1. I love the footsteps, the shadows that gradually lengthen as the sun sets ... my goodness!

I want to put these thoughts, while I have them, on improvements to be made with the absolute understanding that I fully love this and I fully support this, wholeheartedly.

1, inside of the tavern, the light is really dim on both Kain and the Tavern Owner. I think the cut-ff of the light is too much, in general. More warmth and spread out light would be great, but I do appreciate the mood lighting you're going for. I think it's probably just the demo and you're going to fix this mostly by warning the light on the characters, themselves. That reflected light would go a long way to making it work.

3, the trees are looking like they are covered in snow, lol, but I think it's just that they are only partially textured and the rest is their polygon model showing through. I don't even want to think how time-consuming it is to render a 3D tree's branches and make the spaces between them translucent, so I am sure you guys are spending way more time than we can even know making them great, but in the demo, it's odd looking at them like that, lol. Also, making the top portion slightly translucent when they roll over Kain as he passes by would do a lot to making things run more smooth. The trees covered Kain and his foe up for me a couple of times, making it impossible to know if he was being hit, or not, until it was too late.

5, I love the chained humans and the blood Kain drinks. They look so great, the somewhat digital look of Kain and the other models is even more noticeable than it would be.

6, the river near Nachtholm will be fantastic with waves moving. I hear the sound of the water running, but the river is just a blue swatch right now. Edit: the spells sort of worked the second play through, so magic light is working ... and it one of the most awesome effects I've ever seen. Really, you have to see it to believe it! Batform stuck and crashed progress, but I am sure that's due to not having a finished form of it and the world to warp to.

I don't know if this is the best place to give this critique, or if it should be to their site, directly, but I just want to help making this all it can be

Edit: took out some things that were erroneous. I re-watched the regular game's intro and this and that are the exact same, only this is better without the scan lines and in better definition, so ignore my complaint about it sounding faster here.

Oh, the inclusion of the first person view is great, but maybe without it being an overlay and in true fp movement abilities when it's done. Right now, it can be confusing and distracting with the other view in the background.

I really can't wait until the entire game is done
    Last edited by The Hylden; 07-01-2011 at 05:48 PM.

just grabed the demo & can't wait, played the alpha a while back but forgot about this after my HDD died.
    Glad to be reminded about the game again.
    Funny how fans are making this happen & eidos wants to stay silent.
    I say if eidos doesn't want to do something with LoK then let go to some1 that will.
    i am tired of asking & hearing others asking "when" & "we want", just sell the IP & go make TR 12,13,14...etc

Hi there!!!

I'm really looking forward to play this demo but... I have a couple of questions;

I already installed BO in my PC with the bink fixes using CubanRaul's installer.

If I install Blood Omnicide demo, will it overwrite some or all the original Blood Omen files? or change them???

Will I be able to play the classic Blood Omen after I install Omnicide?

I hope the ones that already tried the demo can help me with this

thank you and regards!

just install it to a different directory and it should be fine.

http://youtu.be/METuciFfBKQ

More new videos!

http://youtu.be/KSefoGPFZrs

http://youtu.be/nUHJzmpXVX4

work appears to have speed up immensely in the last month or so. Keep it up Blood Omnicide team!

Wow, that's looking epic Keep it up, indeed!

"Being a legal modification, Blood Omnicide provides a patch that will port original game to new rendering pipeline"

Now THAT's epic. :P
    "Hope."

WOW. Just WOW. It looks amazing, truly triple-A work. And what's more, it's not even finished yet. Oh my beating heart be still.
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

ReaverofCupcakes, could you not keep thine heart still? Is that why we're covered in blood here now?

Quite possibly so, Hylden. Quite possibly so.
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

Have you seen the Kain HD remasterization for the project? One word: WICKED!

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

I sure wish I had a copy of Blood Omen for PC now.

That looks amazing. I can't begin to fathom the amount of work that goes into a fan project like that.

I also love the revamping of the in game art for Kain. I can't wait to see what his other armours end up looking like.

The Wraith Armour remake has been released!

What's great about these is that the artist is taking into consideration to keep the original intent and presentation of Kain intact as much as possible. Great stuff

Let us pray they Hylden King never sees these artists' work for it reveals Kain's weakness to be the exposed gut stab him in the gut and history will abhor the cleanup

Nah. Stab him in the gut and *"The Heart of Darkness!"*
    "Hope."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Let us pray they Hylden King never sees these artists' work for it reveals Kain's weakness to be the exposed gut stab him in the gut and history will abhor the cleanup
    The exposed gut of chainmail?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessdark View Post
    Nah. Stab him in the gut and *"The Heart of Darkness!"*
    Hyldens don't have hearts ... of darkness

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    The exposed gut of chainmail?

Hyldens don't have hearts ... of darkness
    what he meant was - stab him in the gut and he dies, kain then declares 'the heart of darkness' and is revived again. In BO1 you can collect heart of darkness relics to revive kain when he dies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast