Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Art and Cosplay Gallery

I have been known to dabble in banner creating. But not so far by request, I'm afraid. Some of those are easy enough, but others can take a LOT of time...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I have been known to dabble in banner creating. But not so far by request, I'm afraid. Some of those are easy enough, but others can take a LOT of time...
    Nice banners. How do you make em btw? Is it Adobe? I'm not good with comps lol

^ Photoshop isn't a difficult program, really. Sure, at first it's a little confusing, but you find some tutorials and you're on the way Hey, if I can make a half-good sig and I'm just an apprentice, why couldn't you?
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Thanks, Lady Rufina

I use Gimp, which has the twin advantages of being easy to use and free (Link is in the thread, as someone else asked that, too! ).

As for the other how - with a lot of practise, and a lot of very bad mistakes that I choose not to share!

Making banners & wallpaper is my way of working on my graphics skills. I'm not very good, yet, but the more I make the better I get, so it's a work in progress, as it were.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ Photoshop isn't a difficult program, really. Sure, at first it's a little confusing, but you find some tutorials and you're on the way Hey, if I can make a half-good sig and I'm just an apprentice, why couldn't you?
    I guess it's worth a shot. I'm not good with computers but im 22 so i gotta do something about it i guess lol. I would love to make something like one of those banners, they're really nice.

Tomb raider fans you done awesome job on your art work of Lara Croft
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    We used to; and there was some recent talk about continuing this service (we had a dedicated thread for it) but nothing concrete has been planned yet.

You can send me a PM with the sig you have in mind and I'll see what I can do for ya
    sounds good...I hadn't really had a visual on what I'd like to see, but I'll work on some ideas and I'll send you a note
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    hehe, don't overestimate the average internet user. They are not all that savvy as you may expect.

On many occasions I've tried to learn people to use certain computer programs, Photoshop being one of them, but some people just don't get it because it's out of their league.

What I will say, though, is that interest plays a huge role here. If someone really REALLY wants to learn how to use something, they'll pick up on it much quicker

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LarasFAN View Post
    YOUR DRAWING IS AWESOME!!! A few mistakes, but AMAZING!!
    I agree it is awesome. But I do think it unfair of you to say-" a few Mistakes"
    with art there are no mistakes since it is the artist's own interpretation of a subject. I to am an artist so just saying

hehe, don't overestimate the average internet user. They are not all that savvy as you may expect.

On many occasions I've tried to learn people to use certain computer programs, Photoshop being one of them, but some people just don't get it because it's out of their league.

What I will say, though, is that interest plays a huge role here. If someone really REALLY wants to learn how to use something, they'll pick up on it much quicker
    I agree with you on some things mainly about trying to teach someone a PC programme but I think to someone starting off most of the graphic programmes are very daunting I put it down to the tool bars so many things and trying to remember what all the icons are for is usually the main reason and photoshop is one daunting programme ! I find the best way is to just get stuck in and learn as you go. but to me real art starts with pencil & paper so if I get a commission for a graphic it starts off on paper and then it is scanned into the programme main reason you can loose everything within a blink of an eye on a PC so I always have my own real copy just in case.
    One thing I will never learn is HTLM and have I tried ? yes too often- just can't take it in, mainly because being an artist I take everything in with my eyes and just looking at a load of writing waiting for the end result is too annoying. but maybe I haven't the savvy, or more realistically the patience!
    Last edited by laracrofty1; 07-22-2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: multi quote
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday!
    signature image

Yeah, I suppose you're right, 'cause that was the case with me. I really wanted to learn, at least the basics Googling 'tutorials for noobs' and stuff xD Good times
    signature image

When people call themselves 'artists,' it's like when businessmen call themselves 'entrepreneurs' when it's not something you call yourself, more what observers call you...

So I might maybe have decided some banners would be cool...

May have dug out TRU, taken the odd screenshot...

(As for the size, that's what I have long held, after much experimenting, to be the optimum banner size. Simple as that. Probably need playing with for this forum, but shrinking is easy )

Also, wallpaper
    signature image

Love them Elliot Kane, nice screenshots as well

Thanks, Lady R I have FRAPS to thank for that - not least for being the only capture program that works on games on Windows 7!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    When people call themselves 'artists,' it's like when businessmen call themselves 'entrepreneurs' when it's not something you call yourself, more what observers call you...
    Your obviously a fan of the apprentice since your quote is Lord Sugar's quote from last year

From what you are saying here, someones occupation is not what it is but what you consider it to be!
    So what should Artists call themselves? finger painters
    musicians? I'm good with instruments
    Doctors/ Surgeons ? I studied medicine and I'm good with instruments
    graphic Artists? I doodle on the PC

All the above not very useful on a CV for any business Man or woman looking for employees - just saying
    signature image

by 18lux-veritatis45

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Congrats on your work Elliot all fab, I linked to your site too wow fantastic ! UW Lara is the best Lara to date!( as in playing)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by laracrofty1 View Post
    Your obviously a fan of the apprentice since your quote is Lord Sugar's quote from last year

From what you are saying here, someones occupation is not what it is but what you consider it to be!
    So what should Artists call themselves? finger painters
    musicians? I'm good with instruments
    Doctors/ Surgeons ? I studied medicine and I'm good with instruments
    graphic Artists? I doodle on the PC

All the above not very useful on a CV for any business Man or woman looking for employees - just saying
    Well that's something as an occupation so it's completely irrelivant to my point. If you take art as an occupation then that's something completely different and it puts me in the wrong but if you're not a doctor and you say you're a doctor then that's wrong and that's what i'm saying. And that's funny because I started watching the apprentice this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    Well that's something as an occupation so it's completely irrelivant to my point. If you take art as an occupation then that's something completely different and it puts me in the wrong but if you're not a doctor and you say you're a doctor then that's wrong and that's what i'm saying. And that's funny because I started watching the apprentice this year.
    Hi LadyRufina, I get what you where saying now since you explained it so much better, but my occupation is an artist.
    and that is Funny about you only started to watch the show this year, maybe you should apply you seem to think like him, he would like that!
    I haven't seen much of this years but he is going to start one of them up in business this time correct me if I'm wrong, I'm waiting for our one in Ireland because that's what Bill Cullen is going to do.
    signature image

Congrats on your work Elliot all fab, I linked to your site too wow fantastic ! UW Lara is the best Lara to date!( as in playing)
    Thank you, Laracrofty

(And yes, I agree that UW is the best of the 'New TR' games to date )
    signature image

Hi LadyRufina, I get what you where saying now since you explained it so much better, but my occupation is an artist.
    and that is Funny about you only started to watch the show this year, maybe you should apply you seem to think like him, he would like that!
    I haven't seen much of this years but he is going to start one of them up in business this time correct me if I'm wrong, I'm waiting for our one in Ireland because that's what Bill Cullen is going to do.
    Oh ok then i'm sorry about that laracrofty1 lol. Yeah it's finished in england and it was amazing! I'm definately going to keep watching it. I won't tell you who won but it's definately one of my favourite tv shows now.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Darkangel
    very good art work of Lara and Lara looks ready to begin her adventure
    Last edited by Driber; 07-24-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroftFanForever View Post
    Darkangel
    very good art work of Lara and Lara looks ready to begin her adventure
    It's not mine!!!! As I said in my post, the artist is 18lux-veritatis45

But I agree, this is a really cool artwork!
    signature image

Yeah, it almost looks easy to paint, but sure isn't
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    But I agree, this is a really cool artwork!
    I like it too.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast