Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Order of the Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakka View Post
Yeah the one I thought was artwork. Beautiful screen . Don't worry there are enough people here that appreciate what you do
Seconded.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
I did this the first week I was here.
Ah, Yes. The screenshot of the artwork released earlier. I guess that counts. It was also the only time. Alright, comment withdrawn on that. I'll let the other one stand.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irate Iguana View Post
Ah, Yes. The screenshot of the artwork released earlier. I guess that counts. It was also the only time. Alright, comment withdrawn on that. I'll let the other one stand.
It was a screenshot! Not artwork! :P
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
It was a screenshot! Not artwork! :P
Yes, it was a screenshot. It was also first released as artwork. I'm not mixing the two things up. We had already seen the location, just not in-engine.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Permanent Vacation

Are we going to get unique content if we buy Big Macs? Just how many fingers are in this apple pie?

As long as the game itself is fine just fine without all this, 'cause that and answers to questions to ease my mind are all I care about at this time. If I love the game, if I can even install and play it to begin with, then I can jump all over media files.

Is this planned for Thief 4, too? I hope not.

Last edited by jtr7; 05-16-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison_Berrie View Post
Did you want them to post the information on the forums? Or did you want some sort of forum achievements?
Huh.

And the much requested:

Last edited by Tecman; 05-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Gamer

There's so much caustic negativity in this thread I feel like I should be wearing a haz-mat suit...

Kyle - thanks a ton for the new content. I appreciate it, and I know a lot of other people here do as well.

I'm looking forward to the new stuff (the bell-tower spec-ops looks fantastic - now I have a visual in my head while I re-read the Icarus Effect). I even swallowed my pride and asked a few friends to "like" it

I understand that there has to be a medium and a means of distributing this much information, and that if it can be done while marketing the game at the same time, then everyone wins. Facebook is by far the easiest means of acomplishing these goals. I don't care about the tools used, I care about the end result -- looks like the end result will be worth it. Thanks again.

EDIT ^ these are keepers... Tecman wins.

Last edited by singularity; 05-16-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Gamer

Kick-ass, Tecman!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Gamer

Tecman: What's the FXP stand for. Also those achievements seem more like something that would gather you - points.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Gamer

I think Tecman needs a sticky post since there is no arguing with that logic.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison_Berrie View Post
Tecman: What's the FXP stand for. Also those achievements seem more like something that would gather you - points.
Forums Experience Points. And since this is a Deus Ex forum, it should give you XP no matter if the things you do are good or bad, hah.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecman View Post
Forums Experience Points. And since this is a Deus Ex forum, it should give you XP no matter if the things you do are good or bad, hah.
The logic is flawless.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Gamer

@Coyotegrey:

"The assets wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Facebook thing, though."

So the forums don't mean a damn thing? You're not very good at building a community when you aren't doing much for this one. Awhile back you said you posted at Facebook, etc. to direct people here. I and others posted what was the point when we get almost nothing here. We have to go somewhere else. As usual.
Why not post that material here first?

@Pldgmygrievance :
We got EM to change highlighting? You must be new here. We didn't change a thing. If the only complaints would have come from here, I guarantee EM wouldn't have changed a thing. It was because just about any site you went to had a very high percentage of unhappy people. THAT was why EM changed highlighting.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Protagonist

"The Dugas Laugh" lmfao.

Very well done.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Gamer

Looking forward to checking out the content Kyle.

Read Tecmans post, funny stuff. 'Stone the Crows' is clearly impossible, nobody can out-British POM.

Last edited by mentalkase; 05-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffis View Post
I can understand part of it. Most of us on these forums have been waiting for this game since IW was released (more or less), and some have been on these forums for years hoping for scraps of info.

Then it's decided that the new stuff is going to be put somewhere else. It's not too far-fetched that that could be a bit disheartening, is it?
I was active on IW's boards, then drifted away for awhile owing to disappointment in what a debacle that game turned out to be (though I never felt personally aggrieved that it didn't turn out as expected, like many on here seem to feel with DX:HR). I've been for the most part lurking here since shortly after this forum was created but again, I don't feel that EIDOS owes me anything or feel entitled to some sort of special treatment. Who cares if the info is posted here first (for all, what, 20 active members and a bunch of lurkers) or on Facebook, which, as much as I personally dislike the site, makes far more business and marketing sense for EIDOS. As long as the content's available to everyone, I can't see that it matters.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Protagonist

Tecman
Old 05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Gamer

All hail Tecman \o/
Old 05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Gamer

haha brilliant Tecman, though I have to admit not being quite ready to unlock this one just yet http://www.shrani.si/f/2w/R/g5S1VWv/cardownage.png
Old 05-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Protagonist

Tecman, that deserves to be in the Copypasta.

Right now.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus Sol View Post
I was active on IW's boards, then drifted away for awhile owing to disappointment in what a debacle that game turned out to be (though I never felt personally aggrieved that it didn't turn out as expected, like many on here seem to feel with DX:HR). I've been for the most part lurking here since shortly after this forum was created but again, I don't feel that EIDOS owes me anything or feel entitled to some sort of special treatment. Who cares if the info is posted here first (for all, what, 20 active members and a bunch of lurkers) or on Facebook, which, as much as I personally dislike the site, makes far more business and marketing sense for EIDOS. As long as the content's available to everyone, I can't see that it matters.
Hey, I'm a registered Facebook user since a couple of years, who has pressed "Like" on DXHR.

That doesn't mean I don't understand the frustration.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Gamer

Sir Tecman, I award you "The Creator - You created 28 achievements in one sitting. 9000+ FXP"
Old 05-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Hero

Kyle, I'll generally speak up for you (personally) while criticising EM's marketing plan, and I know you were really excited about this, but IMO you've dropped the ball on this one. Partly because of the whole "why are you all so determined to pretend the forums don't exist?" aspect, but it's not just that. My main issue is that I really don't like being asked to do your marketing for you for a game I cannot possibly know is any good (and neither can anyone, barring the previewers.) I'm not going to spam my friends for you, and I resent being bribed to do so. Do your own damn marketing! We're your customers, not your employees - give us information about the game, and if we like what we see then we'll spread the word about it, not the other way around.

On top of that, we don't know what the 90+ surprises are. On the one hand, if it's nothing significant, it's just a waste of time, but on the other hand, if there's something particularly special in there, then it makes this bribery all the more despicable - if you're holding a demo hostage until we publicise your game enough for you, I will be pretty much disgusted, and I would hope any sane person would be too. (In before "serious business, herp derp.")

As a result, I've actually unliked DXHR on Facebook. Yeah, I know you don't give the slightest toss about 1 person, but it should be painfully obvious by now that something having no effect won't stop me from doing it. Heck, I vote in the general election, can't get more futile than that!

Still, one bright thing from this: Tecman's achievements! Great stuff! And glad I got one just for being me.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Gamer

Just saw Tecmans post has been tweeted by EM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irate Iguana View Post
How about a single, a single, screenshot released on the forum first that doesn't require people to sign up to an insecure datamining and marketing tool?
So everything that you're not in love with is terrible and intrusive? Or do you just literally hate everything?