Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DX:HR Official FACEBOOK UNLOCKS & QR MISSIONS APP Scavenger Hunt (Facebook Connect)

Everyone is getting stuck at the whole Facebook thing. You are totally ignoring the 90+ unique pieces of info. We have no idea what gems lie hidden there. For all we know there's a redeem code for the demo in there somewhere.

I like! Show us yer assets!

Not that I'm particularly fond of Facebook being the main outlet for info (should be this place, and then Facebook, imho), but I takes what I can gets.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

At least it's not requiring one million likes as did the Battlefield 3 trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallux View Post
    Everyone is getting stuck at the whole Facebook thing. You are totally ignoring the 90+ unique pieces of info. We have no idea what gems lie hidden there. For all we know there's a redeem code for the demo in there somewhere.
    I concur...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Vallux View Post
    Everyone is getting stuck at the whole Facebook thing. You are totally ignoring the 90+ unique pieces of info.
    Which can only be had via Facebook. Again. Can you see why people might be hung up on the whole Facebook thing?
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by Irate Iguana View Post
    Which can only be had via Facebook. Again. Can you see why people might be hung up on the whole Facebook thing?
    The assets wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Facebook thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
    Which, to be honest, is kind of sad.

No, not at all, actually. If you don't want to use FB (I haven't got an account myself and had my wife vote instead :P) then wait patiently until stuff is released. Really don't see how this is a problem or why you're being such a crank about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 68_pie View Post
    Aren't you being a bit melodramatic? :/
    Last edited by Invictus Sol; 05-16-2011 at 12:49 PM.

I really dont see the problem here, by the end everyone wins. From the looks of it you dont even need to be a member of Facebook to look at the rewards page and see whats been unlocked. So we get a bunch of new info, art and such about the game, and the game gets more publicity, which isn't a bad thing since not everyone in this gaming generation knows much about Deus Ex.

I'm invested in this game, I tell my friends about it in the hope they'll buy it and share my passion. I see the Facebook program as the same thing, on a much larger scale. HR is a new IP being launched in a sea of sequels and better known games, so far every previewer has said how much of the game echos the original, I dont want a game which looks like it could potentially be as rich and immersive as the original getting lost amongst all the franchises,sequels and downright inferior games. Earlier this week the facebook page had roughly 10,000 likes, now it has over 13,000. Seeing how many new people like the game's page each day and unlocking rewards for it? God forbid, it might even be fun.
    'DA ROOMINOUS PAFF ARE EASY PRREEEEY.'

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus Sol View Post
    Aren't you being a bit melodramatic? :/
    Popcorn anyone?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus Sol View Post
    No, not at all, actually. If you don't want to use FB (I haven't got an account myself and had my wife vote instead :P) then wait patiently until stuff is released. Really don't see how this is a problem or why you're being such a crank about it.
    I can understand part of it. Most of us on these forums have been waiting for this game since IW was released (more or less), and some have been on these forums for years hoping for scraps of info.

Then it's decided that the new stuff is going to be put somewhere else. It's not too far-fetched that that could be a bit disheartening, is it?
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

I remember when there was no information. And there was an RPG thread or something.

I remember eating chicken and bacon one day, while browsing the forum in a post about the NWO/Bilderburg (spelling?) group. Good times.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by 68_pie View Post
    As unfortunate may be, it's difficult internally to justify creating and giving away this much material unless it's tied to something. That's the reality of the situation.

Like I said on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, think of this material like bonus material on a DVD, or different version of a game. The main difference being you don't have to pay for it, and you're getting a lot more.

Proving once again that this entire place is basically a farce.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Maybe if this official forum had as many subscribers as Facebook, itd be worth posting exclusive content here.

But facebook has 500 million subscribers, so it makes sense to post materials there that could sell more copies of the game. Its a numbers game. We dont pay a fee to be a part of this forum, so I dont see how we can expect to get special treatment.

I'm part of a certain band's fan club. I pay $25 a year and I get preferred seating at concerts, exclusive material from the band, early access to tickets, a christmas single on vinyl every year, and much more. Thats why I feel I have the right to complain on that band's forum if I think I'm being mistreated.

Either fork up some money for special extra content, or just say thanks to Coyote Grey, sign up for facebook for free, hit LIKE on the Deus Ex page and count your blessings.
    Last edited by Pldgmygrievance; 05-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pldgmygrievance View Post
    Either fork up some money for special extra content,
    We weren't offered to...

Either fork up some money for special extra content, or just say thanks to Coyote Grey, sign up for facebook for free, hit LIKE on the Deus Ex page and count your blessings.
    Or you know, they could have NOT said at the beginning of the cycle that this place was important. Just throwing that out there.

Or you know, they could have NOT said at the beginning of the cycle that this place was important. Just throwing that out there.
    Bingo.

Removed from context, it's hard to object to this kind of stuff. But it gets progressively silly when placed against the historical backdrop of EM's statements.
    YOU CAN'T BEAT ME

As much as you dont like whats been going on, we got them to add an option to the game that turns off highlighting, which was my only gripe about the game. I think thats important.

Listen man I'm not trying to sound heated here, just stating my opinion, not that I'm saying I think youre at your computer in a steaming rage haha. Just wanted to make that clear.

What's the *ing about, though?

The content is available for everyone to see even without a Facebook account.
    Did you want them to post the information on the forums? Or did you want some sort of forum achievements?

As much as you dont like whats been going on, we got them to add an option to the game that turns off highlighting, which was my only gripe about the game. I think thats important.
    The collective hategasm of the internet at large convinced them to make that an option (one they still managed to flub up IMO). There's never been any indication that EM takes any heed from this forum on any other issue.
    YOU CAN'T BEAT ME

Quote Originally Posted by Poison_Berrie View Post
    Did you want them to post the information on the forums? Or did you want some sort of forum achievements?
    How about a single, a single, screenshot released on the forum first that doesn't require people to sign up to an insecure datamining and marketing tool? A tiny token that says: "you know all that time we said you guys were important and that we would do something for the forum? We weren't lying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anasumtj View Post
    The collective hategasm of the internet at large convinced them to make that an option (one they still managed to flub up IMO). There's never been any indication that EM takes any heed from this forum on any other issue.
    Bingo for you.

And let's be clear here. I don't think EM is required to listen to us, if to my chagrin. I don't have a list of demands that they absolutely have to abide by. But if they're going to flat-out ignore their forum (done and done), then they need to stop talking bollocks.
    YOU CAN'T BEAT ME

How about a single, a single, screenshot released on the forum first that doesn't require people to sign up to an insecure datamining and marketing tool? A tiny token that says: "you know all that time we said you guys were important and that we would do something for the forum? We weren't lying.".
    I did this the first week I was here.

I did this the first week I was here.
    Yeah the one I thought was artwork. Beautiful screen . Don't worry there are enough people here that appreciate what you do

About this whole thing: I don't really care, don't really mind either. Just looking forward to whatever will be released.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast