View Poll Results: What was the most epic and/or memorable death in the TR series?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • A crocodile - "TR1"

2 7.14%
  • Bartoli - "TR2"

0 0%
  • Sophia Leigh - "TR3"

5 17.86%
  • Lara Croft (?) - "TR:The Last Revelation"

2 7.14%
  • Sergei Mikhailov - "TR: Chronciles"

0 0%
  • Eckhardt - "TR: The Angel of Darkness"

0 0%
  • Pierre Dupont - "TR: Anniversary"

5 17.86%
  • Larson - "TR: Anniversary"

3 10.71%
  • Natla - "TR: Underworld"

7 25.00%
  • Alistair - "TR: Underworld"

4 14.29%

Thread: POLL - The most epic death

Question POLL - The most epic death

Let's face it: People and creatures die every day. And in Lara Croft's world, they die in very interesting ways. Which one was the most epic and/or memorable? Sorry I couldn't include EVERY single person who died, you're only allowed to have 10 choices when making a poll. So sorry if your fave is not on the list.

I've chosen the crocodile from TR1. That little flop they did just screamed "YEE-OUCH!!" and defines epicness.
    Last edited by WinterSoldier; 05-13-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Anything that involves Lara Croft at all.

When you feel angry you tend to drown her, blow her up and just generally kill her. And when the developers do it there's a sudden cheer, more so if you still feel angry.

The best deaths are Lara's Midas hand death or Lara's Atlantis fall during TR1 Torso boss.

In terms of character deaths I would go number 1 for Verner Von Croy (AOD). The top on this list is Sophia Leigh.
    signature image

Pierre. I thought it was one of the most cruel scenes in TR. That terrified look on his face and then.... SPLATSCH! Epic
    signature image

Sophia Leigh for me.

I'd say Lara. I never played TLR but I imagine that if I'd spent years playing TR only to buy the newest one, spend hours playing it, then watch the main character "die", it'd make a big impression.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    The best deaths are Lara's Midas hand death or Lara's Atlantis fall during TR1 Torso boss.

In terms of character deaths I would go number 1 for Verner Von Croy (AOD). The top on this list is Sophia Leigh.
    YES MIDAS HAND I looked for a other option but it wasnt there :/ haha so i am going with pierre dupont absolutely hilarous hahaha
    "There's a lot of sickos loose on the streets... That's ok. Some of us like it that way "

LoL Epic TR1 Croocidle flop of death FTW! Cheers to the other person who voted for that one!
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I think Natla's death was best because it was most rewarding. Pierre's death was just so cruel, but it was kinda funny. And Alister's death almost made me cry; he was my favorite!
    But I agree, Lara turning to gold in Midas' hand is freaking epic.
    But the alligators of Tomb Raider I were just creepy! :P

Quote Originally Posted by lizzylee View Post
    And Alister's death almost made me cry; he was my favorite!
    I voted for Alister. He was just not meant to be killed. I got a little emotional at that part of TRU.

Even though Natla didn't die, and probably never will, I chose her "death" as my favorite. When Lara threw Mjollnir at her was awesome!!! And now she's trapped under the healing device under Doppel's guard for eternity... Mwahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

I'm at a crossroads between Natla, or Alistair. I know Natla deserves the vote, but I put my vote towards Alistair. I did not see his death coming from that moment. I actually miss the guy. Part of her adventure team / family died that moment.

Sigh.. Doppleganger

I picked Alister. It wasn't expected---his death. Natla didn't actually die until Lara's Shadow right? Although people wouldn't know that unless they played it or saw cutscenes.
    signature image

It's been so long since I've gotten to play any of the games (they all got lost during several moves), I can't remember any of them.

Close between Von Croy and Sophia but I choose Sophia

Of the listed i have to say poor little Alistair, it was so unexpected, poor guy.

BUT, the most epic and cruel death in Tomb Raider history will forever be Pierre's death in Tomb Raider Chronicles. I Feel sooooo sorry for him. Poor bastard! I really felt scared of Lara in that scene :S

Natla for me, have you seen how powerful she was! Much more than a crocodile lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodedclaw View Post
    Natla for me, have you seen how powerful she was! Much more than a crocodile lol
    Now, now, are we REALLY sure she is dead? :P Haha. Maybe Doppelganger will take her throne ^^

TaHa

I didn't say she was dead what you mean ? :}