Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 2519

Thread: "THE HIVE" - Buzzing with Random Activity! General Chat Thread

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Sounds like most opinions are being formed from the first hour of play, not the first ten hours and one or two people are forgetting this is a build 4 months prior to release.

    Sounds like minimum spec and recommened spec will make a world of difference to your experience.

    Sounds like the cutscenes not being smooth during transition could really upset some people.

    Otherwise sounds like EM have actually been fairly modest about a spectacular piece of work.

    But guys, this was clear from the first gameplay trailers months ago.

    Since I barely have minimum spec, I'm leaving it for now. I can resist the temptation, but I admit to having seen some screenies. Looked good, but I think something is lacking in seeing a screenie.
    signature image

  2. #702
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numinous View Post
    Some comments on things that it seems mostly nobody else has made or noticed

    - Blah Blah Blah I'm an ***
    seriously dude? this is the most retarded thing ever and I'm positively astounded they allow this to go on; this entire situation basically equates to me as essentially if I were recording a CD and someone came into the studio towards the end when things were being fixed, burned a CD copy, listened to it in another room, then came back in the room and started pointing and exaggerating all the things they didn't like to my face despite the fact that it was an unfinished version and the answer to a lot of them would be it'll be tweaked later, this is an early and unfinished version or just overall exaggeration and pickyness-ihateeverythingbecausei'mcoolanddefinitelydon'tlivewithmymom. if this happened in real life to me I'd punch someone in the nuts so hard they switch sexes but unfortunately for EM they haven't perfected that technology through the internet yet.

    if people are going to play the preview then ok, you can't really stop it (and if they're pre-ordering they already bought it) but coming onto the board and not only talking about it, but in an extremely and overly negative way just to be an internet elitest and on their unfinished product is ridiculous. then again, it is the internet and the internet is a ridiculous thing filled with ridiculous douche patrols.

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
    if people are going to play the preview then ok, you can't really stop it (and if they're pre-ordering they already bought it) but coming onto the board and not only talking about it, but in an extremely and overly negative way just to be an internet elitest and on their unfinished product is ridiculous.
    He played the preview build and these are the things that bug him. Gamers notice and mind different things than journalists. It doesn't matter that the build isn't the best in the world or that he noticed things you find nitpicking. He gave his opinion and explained it with a few words. You can read them and agree or disagree with them. Whether or not you agree with him doesn't matter. You on the other hand just came on and acted like a total tool just because he wasn't a gushing fountain of praise.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    Something that bothered me about the first mission (the one showed in the Mary deMarle gameplay)

    If you decide not to use the ladder at the beginning, but just jump the way down, you die immedietely... And for such a small distance, that's ridiculous lol

    I was forced to use the ladder

  5. #705
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    theres a difference between not being a gushing fountain of praise and having some respect. maybe everyone disagrees with me and that's fine, but if he can express his snotty opinion (anyone who doesn't call that nitpicking and just being a jerk is pretty blind) then i can express my take on respect and having some for people who work hard. maybe you don't create anything but when you know how the process goes and what goes into these things it hits home a lot harder considering the fact that it's incomplete, spoiling things, bringing it up on their forum, and then slapping them in the face about things that are obviously rough and old. there's a difference in the way people say things/choose when and where to say things and that makes a huge difference in terms of respect vs being an abrasive dick; i'm baffled that many can't see the difference and are so oblivious and self absorbed in their own little world of entitlement/douchebaggery/complete lack of dignity.

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
    theres a difference between not being a gushing fountain of praise and having some respect. maybe everyone disagrees with me and that's fine, but if he can express his snotty opinion (anyone who doesn't call that nitpicking and just being a jerk is pretty blind) then i can express my take on respect and having some for people who work hard. maybe you don't create anything but when you know how the process goes and what goes into these things it hits home a lot harder considering the fact that it's incomplete, spoiling things, bringing it up on their forum, and then slapping them in the face about things that are obviously rough and old. there's a difference in the way people say things/choose when and where to say things and that makes a huge difference in terms of respect vs being an abrasive dick; i'm baffled that many can't see the difference and are so oblivious and self absorbed in their own little world of entitlement/douchebaggery/complete lack of dignity.
    Why do you insist on not using capitals or spacing? It makes everything you write difficult to read, and isn't helping your cause.

    I agree some people could show a little more respect, but there are people on here who place very little value in respecting the developers since they're the customers and will be giving them their hard earned cashola, or not.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel, only slightly more gold.

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakka View Post
    Something that bothered me about the first mission (the one showed in the Mary deMarle gameplay)

    If you decide not to use the ladder at the beginning, but just jump the way down, you die immedietely... And for such a small distance, that's ridiculous lol

    I was forced to use the ladder
    Yeah fall damage is pretty strict, I noticed that too when playing.

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    How do the haters feel about the third person cover system now?

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Well, if there's oe good thing to come out of this leak I hope it will be that the haters start seeing how well everything works, despite some minor bugs. Hopefully it will increase the hype somewhat.

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England, North West
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
    i feel bad for the developers and the reviewers, they're trying to hype up the game and get people pumped and then they get screwed over and have to get their copies destroyed to attempt to contain it.
    Why contain it?
    Play games for the story

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder View Post
    Why contain it?

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Some of the things numinous mentioned bothered me as well (while others are 100% exaggerations like comments about the story and combat), but I will say that this is another game that is "a sum of its parts." As a whole I'm convinced that this is worth a purchase and it definitely exceeded my expectations as a whole. It may not be as good as the original from what I played (did anybody expect this?) but it stands out regardless.

    Even the cynical bastards at RPG Codex are enjoying it and they've been just as rough if not rougher on the game then this board has. Just remember that like I said it doesn't really feel like a true "Deus Ex" yet.
    Last edited by IOS; 06-01-2011 at 05:47 AM.

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder View Post
    Why contain it?
    Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to give them the full version.

  14. #714
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    903

    Default

    If you can, send me or post here links to other boards and what people are saying. As you can imagine, I have a lot on my hands right now (this and E3...), but I want to know what others are thinking.

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IOS View Post
    Just remember that like I said it doesn't really feel like a true "Deus Ex" yet. .
    trying to aim for deus ex is dangerous

    they should aim higher
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1554/deusexhumanrevolutionna.jpg
    the best dx hr screenshot there is no one has seen it!

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The response to the leak is great so far. I have access to a number of warezygamey places, and this, even if it's not the state in which you'd want to have people play the game, I'm rather confident will net you a whole bunch of sales you otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Just going by what people are saying. =)


    A lot of "It's a real Deus Ex game, who would've thought? Preordered Augmented Edition".

  17. #717
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pewbeng View Post
    The response to the leak is great so far. I have access to a number of warezygamey places, and this, even if it's not the state in which you'd want to have people play the game, I'm rather confident will net you a whole bunch of sales you otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Just going by what people are saying. =)


    A lot of "It's a real Deus Ex game, who would've thought? Preordered Augmented Edition".
    Toss me quotes, if you got 'em. And/or links.

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England, North West
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahmoudd View Post
    trying to aim for deus ex is dangerous

    they should aim higher
    I like that.
    Play games for the story

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kvltism View Post
    This is BS, I made the joke first, but he gets all the credit.


    Just kidding. But I made the joke first.


    Is the leaked version the beta?

    I was watching a video of it, I stopped it so it didn't ruin the game for me.. It really reminds me of the first level of IW, walking around looking through windows at scientists being killed.
    Last edited by JCpie; 06-01-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    signature image

  20. #720
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bodymore, Murdaland
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Not if you're on his ignore list.

  21. #721
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IOS View Post
    Some of the things numinous mentioned bothered me as well (while others are 100% exaggerations like comments about the story and combat), but I will say that this is another game that is "a sum of its parts." As a whole I'm convinced that this is worth a purchase and it definitely exceeded my expectations as a whole. It may not be as good as the original from what I played (did anybody expect this?) but it stands out regardless.

    Even the cynical bastards at RPG Codex are enjoying it and they've been just as rough if not rougher on the game then this board has. Just remember that like I said it doesn't really feel like a true "Deus Ex" yet.
    Well... I suppose I was exaggerating about the story. I just feel everything seems so obvious right from the get go. I'm sure I'll be correct on every assumption I've made regarding who will stab Jensen in the back, who will be ambitious and who will "die for a greater cause". As for the combat, no, they aren't exaggerations. It's ridiculously easy.

    I hope it gets harder later on but I have already justified why I believe it won't. We'll see on that one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
    theres a difference between not being a gushing fountain of praise and having some respect. maybe everyone disagrees with me and that's fine, but if he can express his snotty opinion (anyone who doesn't call that nitpicking and just being a jerk is pretty blind) then i can express my take on respect and having some for people who work hard. maybe you don't create anything but when you know how the process goes and what goes into these things it hits home a lot harder considering the fact that it's incomplete, spoiling things, bringing it up on their forum, and then slapping them in the face about things that are obviously rough and old. there's a difference in the way people say things/choose when and where to say things and that makes a huge difference in terms of respect vs being an abrasive dick; i'm baffled that many can't see the difference and are so oblivious and self absorbed in their own little world of entitlement/douchebaggery/complete lack of dignity.
    Heh, you're obviously new to the internet.

    Just me being here and typing so much is a form of respect in and of itself. If I didn't respect what they were doing and didn't have any respect for the team or their mods I'd just type a huge run on sentence like you and never look back. But no, I'm here, giving my time and thoughts in the hope that they can take it on board and make a better game before release, and hopefully after.

    Also - I, as a huge Deus Ex fan and a fan of quality gaming in general, obviously have a bit of skepticism and a bit of a voice when it comes to DXHR. If you don't like that, that's your own problem. Go justify your ineptitude somewhere else.

    Agreed with what people are saying about the leak being a bonus - I know I certainly wasn't going to buy this game before playing it. Now that I have, that road from 'certainly not' to 'you earned my money' got a whole lot smaller. So yes, there are some negative things to say about the game (as I'm sure Ashpolt will quality when he eventually gets here) and hiding those away out of some wishy washy sense of 'respect' would actually be anything but.

  22. #722
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    That's dumb, only crybabies use the ignore feature.
    signature image

  23. #723
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
    If you can, send me or post here links to other boards and what people are saying. As you can imagine, I have a lot on my hands right now (this and E3...), but I want to know what others are thinking.
    Well here are a few from a popular private torrent site and a big *arez site. There seem to be two builds floating around. Not quite sure. The one from the private tracker looks bigger than on the warez sites, yet both are confirmed to be working by tons of members.


    In all honesty - the game doesn't look poor. It's just missing a few shadows - big whoop. As far as I'm concerned, its decent! lol. Doubt they improved this crap gameplay
    Well the dx11 is a problem in terms of game darkness. If you turn it on the game becomes half bright and no amount of brightness increase helps


    yea a lot of shadows and effects are missing. Looks like the game will have a good story though

    works like a charm.. .gaphics are poor, but gameplay is good
    i get 60fps, all maxed out.. vsync on

    its like a demo.. good way to test the game
    Not a finished game people, don't get too happy and spoil the fun. Wait for the final end product. Thnx for the upload

    Like where this game is going. Not all textures are being rendered yet which is why there a bit of a lack lustre effect on the overall graphics of the game. Ive played the initial prologue and I think I have quenched my curiosity.

    Thanks uploader for the insight.

    Amazing,for people to get to try out a game that is 3 months away from release and such big title is so incedible lol. This is a pre release client that is used to distribute to various people for testing and reviews of the game lol

    Thay must be fumming that a client has been leaked .

    good job awesome.
    Wait this launch guys... the real deal will have more than twice the gameplay time than this. Besides will be an awesome game.
    Go buy it folks.
    Nice! But the graphics sucked

    hey guys.. you are doing so much troubles for just a Beta game wich the final release is in like 3 months... there are a lot of new games recently released so don't be so impatient to play this game
    Well I have 1600 x 900 res and every up to highest minus vsync and my laptop I7 2630qm runs it great. A lot of us want to no how the game runs before we buy off steam so this is my review.
    Wtf u need a quad core for this game ? no fking way.
    Dude the game comes out in 3 months, this is all there is at this point. I'll take what I can get.
    If this got leaked, whose to say that a pirated copy of the full game won't see the light of the day early than expected?
    I am not going to and am not here to convince anyone, each to their own, but as i expressed my opinion earlier, I still don't find any reason to play this unless someone totally wants to ruin their actual experience with the full game.
    I have it pre-ordered, does it make me a bad person if I download it? Hmm...
    this is not a full game , so you should not upload it . I don't want it to become just like crysis 2 , poor game
    i downloaded cry2 leak with so many bugs and when the retail release , i expected more improvement but there was none because the game was leaked 1 month b4 release . Moreover playing beta leak also ruins your feeling when playing the game
    As always I pirated this. *** garbage. After playing this witcher 2, this game looks like , and plays like . Doesn't even come close to doing the original Deus Ex justice. ~~~O==== on that game.
    Perhaps increased exposure and scrutiny will encourage additional polish? Only would be afraid of a lack of enthusiasm @ Eidos because of the leak.
    I had my doubts, but I will buy this. I played like 15 mins and pre-ordered the game.
    The art style and music is great, the gameplay is def. going in the right direction.
    And they kept the inventory.
    Voice overs sound good too.
    I would say from personal experience that this leak did more good than possible damage



    shoddy console port though hopefully they will fix it before release.

    I dont feel sorry for eidos,this is a punishment becαuse of their continuous
    delays for the game ,first was April,then May,then June and final August
    they drove us crazy!!1
    The games run really well with max settings and resolution of 1600 x 900 I'm using a laptop. I have to start with the windows 7 exe file. My only problem I see is its a lil dark even when moving the luminosity up.





    Bitter sweet isn't it?
    Last edited by DentonP; 06-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.

  24. #724
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
    If you can, send me or post here links to other boards and what people are saying. As you can imagine, I have a lot on my hands right now (this and E3...), but I want to know what others are thinking.
    There is a thread on Alpha (http://www.dxalpha.co.uk).
    I suggested the OP removed the links, which he did, while since the Admins woke up, they've made strict rules not to post screenies or links and have asked for spoiler tags. If you look at previous threads, the Alpha community are positive about DX3 and the new thread is no exception. Admins asked people not to play it also.
    Last edited by [FGS]Shadowrunner; 06-01-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    signature image

  25. #725
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Well, however good/bad the game is, just compare it to Call of Duty and you'll have no problems enjoying it. It will suddenly become one of the best games ever.
    signature image

Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •