Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TR Forum Welcome & Navigation Thread | Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietras View Post
    Hi, I'm Peter, I'm from Poland and I've been playing Tomb Raider since 1998 and I love Karl <3
    Hey mate! I'm from Poland too. High five!

And here I was, thinking that Pietras was a girl
    Adventure found me...

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Hey mate! I'm from Poland too. High five!
    Cześć!

Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    And here I was, thinking that Pietras was a girl
    Nope, 100% man here
    A mature approach + innovative gameplay + the series fundamentals = TReboot :') Thank You CD <3

Well well well... you´re here to spread the Karl Fever™, aren´t ya?
    signature image

dobry vecer to our Polish members

vitejte!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Well well well... you´re here to spread the Karl Fever™, aren´t ya?
    There's no need for any spreading from my side, Karl's awesomness spreads all by itself and catches everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    dobry vecer to our Polish members

vitejte!
    Is this Czech or Slovak language? I can never recognize the two
    A mature approach + innovative gameplay + the series fundamentals = TReboot :') Thank You CD <3

You mean there's a difference? haha

Czech.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

You mean there's a difference? haha
    There isn't? I mean for us Poles, Slovak language is super-easy to understand and we have close to zero problems speaking with them, but Czech is a bit harder

Czech.
    K, thx

I was just joking, I know they are different. But the difference for a foreigner (I wasn't born here) is so small, it makes one wonder why they are 2 different languages in the first place.

I could go into any shop here, pick up a random item and there are descriptions on the back both in Czech and in Slovak and there are basically the exact same words

It's also funny when, for example, an American sees a bit of my native language (Dutch) somewhere on a forum and comments, "Why are you speaking German?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pietras View Post
    Cześć!
    Siemka!

Czech is a really nice language. I really like the way it sounds. The problem is that some Polish words have a totally different meaning in Czech.
    Driber, how do you say a "shop" in Czech?

I do have a question for you guys: in what language do you play Tomb Raider ? Or does the game exist in Czech and Polish ?
    Adventure found me...

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Siemka! Driber, how do you say a "shop" in Czech?
    obchod

Is it similar in Polish?

I do have a question for you guys: in what language do you play Tomb Raider ? Or does the game exist in Czech and Polish ?
    Probably not the voices, but I assume it has Czech and Polish subtitles.

But no, I play everything in English. I have a strong dislike for dubbing.

In Holland, we don't dub anything (except for cartoons for young kids). All TV series and movies are in their original language with Dutch subtitles.

When I got my first PC, it had Windows NL pre-installed on it, which I soon chucked off and installed the EN version. It's really the best way to learn English.

As Driber said we only have subtitles in Polish and Czech versions of the game. However I play all games in English.
    I'm not sure but I think Poland and Czech Republic have got the same publisher of Tomb Raider games.

obchod

Is it similar in Polish?
    Hmm... I must have made a mistake but someone told me that Polish word for 'shop', which is 'sklep' means 'basement' in Czech. Is that true?

haha, you've made no mistake, sklep is indeed Czech for basement

And the Russian word for shop is "magazine"

Yesterday I saw this funny commercial for language courses. A group of Dutch speaking kids are in New York and try to talk to a local...

Hilarious!

Default hallo fellow Croft fans

Hey

Thought I'd try this out, been meaning to join a games forum pre release for a while now.

I'm a fairly casual Croft fan, but I do love the character and themes. Had a couple of the Witchblade/ Tomb Raider comics, Tomb Raider 2 and Legend are my favourite of the games. Legend is actually one of my favourite games from the last generation as was TR2 in the PSX gen.

I'm loving the look of the new Tomb Raider and am pretty happy they are rebooting it and taking it, in what seems a more edgy realistic approach. Although I did love the hammy pop corn action of the series thus far, I felt it was getting pretty worn out, so bring on the survival adventure!

Welcome to the forum, markB0SS

Quote Originally Posted by markB0SS View Post
    Hey

Thought I'd try this out, been meaning to join a games forum pre release for a while now.

I'm a fairly casual Croft fan, but I do love the character and themes. Had a couple of the Witchblade/ Tomb Raider comics, Tomb Raider 2 and Legend are my favourite of the games. Legend is actually one of my favourite games from the last generation as was TR2 in the PSX gen.

I'm loving the look of the new Tomb Raider and am pretty happy they are rebooting it and taking it, in what seems a more edgy realistic approach. Although I did love the hammy pop corn action of the series thus far, I felt it was getting pretty worn out, so bring on the survival adventure!
    Welcome to the community!
    signature imagesignature image

Default Re:hi

Hey dudes,
    oh I'm also quite looking forward to Human Revolution too!

Heya. I was on the Underworld forums for a long time before it's release and had such a great time. I'm hoping for the same great experience again.

Im a gigantic Lara Croft fan and I'm proud of the character reboot. I think the much more realistic and relatable approach to Lara's character was an amazing idea.

I can't wait for more news about the game!!!
    I respect your intelligence, just not your integrity.

Welcome back, then
    Adventure found me...

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone!

I'm Guilherme, I'm from Portugal and I'm a newbie around the forums and this is my first forum xD So.. wish me luck

I've read all the posts, and I wish a great Hello to everyone.

I saw my Mom playing Tomb Raider since I was little, so now I'm in love for the games, specially that charecter that has been in my whole childhood, i even jumped from my bunk bed with a small rope and pistols...

I have to say that I am a bit afraid of this new game... I'm afraid they've changed too much things, starting with Lara's nose! But can't wait to see

Well... see you around

Quote Originally Posted by Leote View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Guilherme, I'm from Portugal and I'm a newbie around the forums and this is my first forum xD So.. wish me luck

I've read all the posts, and I wish a great Hello to everyone.

I saw my Mom playing Tomb Raider since I was little, so now I'm in love for the games, specially that charecter that has been in my whole childhood, i even jumped from my bunk bed with a small rope and pistols...

I have to say that I am a bit afraid of this new game... I'm afraid they've changed too much things, starting with Lara's nose! But can't wait to see

Well... see you around
    Your mom played Tomb Raider!? . You're so lucky. My mom just thinks that she is some pointless pixellated construction .
    I respect your intelligence, just not your integrity.

Hello my name's Isabelle ^^

Been TR fan for a while too, tho i didnt play 1st and 2nd games ^^

I also like drawing, for the past few years i bet 50% of what i draw was about TR lol

here's the one I just made (thought new lara needs new comic look ^^)

And also I have an idea i'd wish to talk about with a member of Eidos squad

Hi, my names Ryan, I've been a Fan of TR for about a year, but the first experience with the game wasn't so good. I was 5 or 6 and i got scared by how dark it was in the tomb and the mummies jumping out and scaring me.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast