View Poll Results: Who should play Lara in the 3rd movie? (pics @ bottom of OP)

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alison Carrol

19 11.66%
  • Camilla Luddington

91 55.83%
  • Ellen Page

9 5.52%
  • Gemma Arterton

30 18.40%
  • Hayley Atwell

12 7.36%
  • Kaya Scodelario

5 3.07%
  • Lyndsey Fonseca

14 8.59%
  • Natalie Portman

11 6.75%
  • Nina Dobrev

8 4.91%
  • Olivia Thirlby

5 3.07%
  • Olivia Wilde

17 10.43%
  • Summer Glau

8 4.91%
  • Kate Beckinsale

14 8.59%
  • Jennifer Lawrence

15 9.20%
  • Emma Watson

13 7.98%
  • None of the above - I want a feature length CGI movie, a la Turning Point

3 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Third TR film discussion thread

We can only hope, d1no, we can only hope...

(Of course asking Hollywood to tell the difference between an English brunette and an Italian or Spanish brunette may be asking too much, but you never know... )
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I agree with Elliot, it's a no from me...

As for Olivia, that's an even bigger NO from me!!! I really don't see her as Lara!!! Specially as young Lara!!!

It really is hard to choose an actress to portray Lara and there's really no perfect choice.

I've recently considered Lyndsy Fonseca from the tv series Nikita... she kinda looks like a young Lara, only problem is I don't know if she can pull off a British accent... and I'm not a fan of her voice...

(click image to enlarge)

I still think Summer Glau would rock the part, but I know a lot of people don't like her for the role...

(click image to enlarge)
    Her head is a square

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ Yeah, I'm with Elliot on this one. Though, when you search the new TR movie on IMDb, Olivia Wilde comes up as an actress, but nothing's been confirmed... I wouldn't mind if Olivia portrays Lara in the movie, actually, I'd quite like it But again, everyone sees Lara differently and it is kinda a character that's hard to portray, isn't it?
    She is too old ! It looks like she is 35 years old! Yet Kasey is very similar to the new Lara

(click image to enlarge)

Who is this girl ? Looks like Lara !

But i agree , Lyndsy Fonseca will be a good young Lara !
    Last edited by Driber; 10-25-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: thumbnailed image(s)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
    She is too old ! It looks like she is 35 years old! Yet Kasey is very similar to the new Lara
    I agree! Olivia looks too old to portray a young Lara! Even if it was for an older Lara, I wouldn't like her for the part.

Who is this girl ? Looks like Lara !
    That's Lyndsy Fonseca! She plays Alexandra Udinov (Alex) on the CW's tv series Nikita!

I think she does look the part and she's a decent actress! Plus she already has experience with guns and fighting from her role on Nikita and she is also a dancer which helps with the fighting and acrobatics!

The only cons against her are the fact that she's not British (but if she could pull of the accent, then there's no problem with that) and the fact that she's attached to an ongoing tv series (Nikita) and I don't know if she would be available for a movie...
    signature image

I would love to see Olivia Wilde. Although there are many girls (in my opinion) that would fit better, I think that Olivia has that something in her look. Besides make-up can do everything and Olivia can definitely act (remember the movie Tron: Legacy? she was aweome there).

And about Talulah Riley, I would say yes based on what I've seen on the pic Elliot posted. BUT I've seen her other pictures and she is not even similar to Lara. So it's a big no for her.

I've recently considered Lyndsy Fonseca from the tv series Nikita... she kinda looks like a young Lara, only problem is I don't know if she can pull off a British accent... and I'm not a fan of her voice...

(click image to enlarge)

Oh my, that is such a pretty woman, but why haven't I seen her before? She looks like a perfect Lara! I mean look at this pic of her: http://www.celebritypicnic.com/celeb...-fonseca_4.jpg

The new Lara needs to have brown eyes and brown hair. Angelina Jolie didn't have brown eyes and it bugged me the whole way through the film. I know it's little but they should stay very close to Lara's look to keep the whole franchise on one character. None of them really look like Lara. Most of them don't even look Caucasian, let alone British. The only one I'm sort of happy about is Lyndsey Fonseca if she had a really good British accent because her American accent is quite thick and brown contacts or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    And about Talulah Riley, I would say yes based on what I've seen on the pic Elliot posted. BUT I've seen her other pictures and she is not even similar to Lara. So it's a big no for her.
    I agree with you about Talulah. The pic Elliot posted looks ok but after seeing other pics, definitely no!!!!
    signature image

I know she is already very big and the budget might not stretch that far but I think Emma Watson might make a good Lara Croft. She already has the accent and she does look quite a lot like Lara with the right sort of make up.

Or maybe Gemma Arterton. She's an amazing actress and also looks a lot like Lara with the right make up.

A last suggestion: Rebecca Hall. She looks the most like Lara in my opinion. Maybe a little bit older looking but she could push for 21 IMO. What do you guys think?

Emma Watson is a huge no from me!!! I just don't see any resemblance with Lara!!!

Gemma Arterton is ok, I guess! Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind her as Lara!

As for Rebecca Hall, she's amazing but I don't think she looks like Lara!!! Specially young Lara!

I was wondering what you guys think of Nina Dobrev for the role:

(click image to enlarge)

She's not British, but she can pull of the accent! She's young enough for the part and I think she's a pretty decent actress! And I think she has something Lara-esque to her!!!
    signature image

I vote Gemma

NEVER-EVER-EVER X1000 for Emma Watson. I freaking hate her DX

I don't really know Summer Glau, but I don't really like her face :S
    signature image

^ Why the hate on Emma Watson? Do you know her?

^^ Very pretty but doesn't look like Lara either.

Rebecca Hall looks a bit like Rhona Mitra in that pic, which is no bad thing.

Huge no to all the rest.

Still prefer Talulah over anyone else mentioned so far. She may not always look like Lara, but she can look like Lara, which is far more than most.

(Still think Alison Caroll would be best of all, though...)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post

High five, Elliot, high five! I wish she is an actress so she could show to the human kind what Lara Croft looks like in person!

She is an actress, Ivana

Whether she's a good actress or not, I have no idea...
    signature image

No. Just no. Never liked her as the model for TRU, so I would definitely not like her as Lara on the movie!!! Besides, being a reboot and all, it would be weird to get the model from the past game to portray the new Lara...
    signature image

Just to express my opinion, huge NO for Emma Watson, and Gema is ok ^^ And high-five to Ivana for liking Olivia ^^ The way I see it, a CGI movie takes the win anytime XD
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

She is an actress, Ivana

Whether she's a good actress or not, I have no idea...
    But I've never seen her as the main character. Acting is for her probably something she doesn't want to do professionally, in my opinion at least.

EDIT: High five dino for the CGI!

Well, CGI is surely the only way we're ever all going to agree! (Well, possibly! )

They can get Carey Mulligan to do the voice, then, too, which would be good.
    signature image

I know it sounds stupid but if they were to do a CGI movie I would llike the voice actress in-game to be the voice actress in the movie. I really like her voice and it's very Lara-esque.

Doesn't sound stupid, Lady R. It's a good reason

If you mean the voice in the trailer, though, I have to say she sounds terribly fake, to me. I definitely want a better voice actress.
    signature image

The voice in the trailer is the same in the game. Both Tamzin Merchant, i'm sure of it.

^ Yeah, I would like that too, no differences... While at first, it does kinda sound fake and overacted, I always get the chills when I listen to her, it's like she's really moved by what happened to her and that's why the current voice-actress is great, IMO.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Her head is a square
    It's a Square game now, so she'd fit perfectly

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Emma Watson is a huge no from me!!! I just don't see any resemblance with Lara!!!

Gemma Arterton is ok, I guess! Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind her as Lara!

As for Rebecca Hall, she's amazing but I don't think she looks like Lara!!! Specially young Lara!

I was wondering what you guys think of Nina Dobrev for the role:

(click image to enlarge)

She's not British, but she can pull of the accent! She's young enough for the part and I think she's a pretty decent actress! And I think she has something Lara-esque to her!!!
    I love Nina , she is beautiful !
    signature image

She is very beautiful. Congratulations for her but she looks too hispanic even though her name sounds eastern european.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    I would love to see Olivia Wilde. Although there are many girls (in my opinion) that would fit better, I think that Olivia has that something in her look. Besides make-up can do everything and Olivia can definitely act (remember the movie Tron: Legacy? she was aweome there).

Oh my, that is such a pretty woman, but why haven't I seen her before? She looks like a perfect Lara! I mean look at this pic of her: http://www.celebritypicnic.com/celeb...-fonseca_4.jpg
    omg that's the perfect woman for lara!! her face is almost the same! all the others u mentioned are beautiful yes but they cant be lara,

emma watson?
    please come on now.. tell me u joking
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast