View Poll Results: Who should play Lara in the 3rd movie? (pics @ bottom of OP)

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alison Carrol

19 11.66%
  • Camilla Luddington

91 55.83%
  • Ellen Page

9 5.52%
  • Gemma Arterton

30 18.40%
  • Hayley Atwell

12 7.36%
  • Kaya Scodelario

5 3.07%
  • Lyndsey Fonseca

14 8.59%
  • Natalie Portman

11 6.75%
  • Nina Dobrev

8 4.91%
  • Olivia Thirlby

5 3.07%
  • Olivia Wilde

17 10.43%
  • Summer Glau

8 4.91%
  • Kate Beckinsale

14 8.59%
  • Jennifer Lawrence

15 9.20%
  • Emma Watson

13 7.98%
  • None of the above - I want a feature length CGI movie, a la Turning Point

3 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Third TR film discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Whoever gets the role will have some pretty big shoes to fill, don't you think?
    No doubt about that. But if anyone can do justice to the iconic archaelogist (OK, the female one, this ain't about Indiana Jones ) it's SUMMER GLAU!!

* She's got the acting chops (has done some great emotional performances that these early scenes will demand)
    * She's got the physical training background in marksmanship, sword play and acrobatics.
    * Oh yeah she fills the gorgeous card quite nicely

While Natalie Portman could look the part and is an exceptional actress, she'd have to catch up to Summer when it comes to the physical skills. I guess I can just more easily see Summer as young and contemporary Lara than Natalie.

Oh and it looks like some recent posts have been abducted
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    No doubt about that. But if anyone can do justice to the iconic archaelogist (OK, the female one, this ain't about Indiana Jones ) it's SUMMER GLAU!!

* She's got the acting chops (has done some great emotional performances that these early scenes will demand)
    * She's got the physical training background in marksmanship, sword play and acrobatics.
    * Oh yeah she fills the gorgeous card quite nicely

While Natalie Portman could look the part and is an exceptional actress, she'd have to catch up to Summer when it comes to the physical skills. I guess I can just more easily see Summer as young and contemporary Lara than Natalie.

Oh and it looks like some recent posts have been abducted

And here we are with Summer Glau again. I thought we had that discussion. She probably won't be chosen because:
    1) She doesn't have that something to be Lara.
    2) She's not popular enough. Hollywood is looking for someone people are going to like. Summer unfortunately isn't the one.
    3) They are probably going to stick with someone unknown.

I bet Summer's not as expensive to hire as other actresses tho. That's always an incentive when it comes to casting.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    And here we are with Summer Glau again. I thought we had that discussion. She probably won't be chosen because:
    1) She doesn't have that something to be Lara.
    2) She's not popular enough. Hollywood is looking for someone people are going to like. Summer unfortunately isn't the one.
    3) They are probably going to stick with someone unknown.
    Your first 2 points are purely subjective. The 3rd is speculative. I mean Olivia Wilde has been name dropped on this as well, and she's far from unknown.

Of course I don't know with absolute certaintly that she will get the coveted role. But I did state my reasons why she would be a good fit for the part. A combinations of looks, talent, and physical prowess isn't that easy to find, so it would be good to nab the opportunity when it presents itself.

Like I said before, I have the utmost respect for the acting talents of Natalie Portman, Olivia Wilde, Gemma Arterton, Anne Hathaway, and so many others that have been mentioned. It's just that with Summer and for the aformentioned reasons, I think she's the right fit.
    signature image

Not posting here anymore.

Thanks, Mods for building a strong community.

"Not posting here anymore"

And I know that wasn't the original post. Did TrickyVein just get banned?
    signature image

Your first 2 points are purely subjective. The 3rd is speculative. I mean Olivia Wilde has been name dropped on this as well, and she's far from unknown.

Of course I don't know with absolute certaintly that she will get the coveted role. But I did state my reasons why she would be a good fit for the part. A combinations of looks, talent, and physical prowess isn't that easy to find, so it would be good to nab the opportunity when it presents itself.

Like I said before, I have the utmost respect for the acting talents of Natalie Portman, Olivia Wilde, Gemma Arterton, Anne Hathaway, and so many others that have been mentioned. It's just that with Summer and for the aformentioned reasons, I think she's the right fit.

But you have to admit that there are so many actresses that are better choice than Summer! Especially undiscovered talents. Natalie Portman is far too serious to be Lara, Olivia is not serous enough and so on. We need someone fresh.

For me it's either Summer Glau or someone unknown!

From all the actresses that were mentioned for the role, Summer is imo the BEST choice, for the reasons adobeARTIST has already stated! It's impossible not to fall in love with Summer when watching her dance in the Terminator episode or watching her as River Tam in Firefly and Serenity! She really is talented and beautiful and the fact that she can do all the fisical stuff the role requires is a huge plus!!!

I really can't think of any other actress that I know of for the role of Lara.
    signature image

"Not posting here anymore"

And I know that wasn't the original post. Did TrickyVein just get banned?
    No, he made 2 consecutive posts which violated our TOU and were thus removed, which he couldn't handle and is now using sarcasm to indicate that the staff is doing a lousy job.

But lets stay on topic...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaheria View Post
    Part of the problem of producers making movies to much like the games are that people who haven't played the games won't understand it. They want to make a movie that people who have played the game AND people who haven't understand it. Do I think it would be awesome if it had a game based story line? Hell yeah. Will it happen? Probably not, unless they started with the very first game ever made.
    very true like i said if they did start a movie based on the game, it should be her finding the scion, the first game like you mentioned. But like you said, saddly most likely not going to happen.
    "There's a lot of sickos loose on the streets... That's ok. Some of us like it that way "

Default This girl must be the new Lara croft !

So , I fell in love with this girl :

Kacey Barnfield is beautiful ! ( and ... Hot ) ... she must be the new ( young ) Lara Croft

What did you think ?
    signature image

Um, no. Not even close. Sorry.

Perfect if they ever make a biopic of Andrea Corr, though...
    signature image

^ Yeah, I'm with Elliot on this one. Though, when you search the new TR movie on IMDb, Olivia Wilde comes up as an actress, but nothing's been confirmed... I wouldn't mind if Olivia portrays Lara in the movie, actually, I'd quite like it But again, everyone sees Lara differently and it is kinda a character that's hard to portray, isn't it?
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

You know what i miss???? THE ORIGINAL LARA!!!!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

I agree with Elliot, it's a no from me...

As for Olivia, that's an even bigger NO from me!!! I really don't see her as Lara!!! Specially as young Lara!!!

It really is hard to choose an actress to portray Lara and there's really no perfect choice.

I've recently considered Lyndsy Fonseca from the tv series Nikita... she kinda looks like a young Lara, only problem is I don't know if she can pull off a British accent... and I'm not a fan of her voice...

(click image to enlarge)

I still think Summer Glau would rock the part, but I know a lot of people don't like her for the role...

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by dark7angel; 10-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    signature image

Spencer Locke FTW!

Obviously dye the hair brunette but still, she's beast

Much as I adore Summer (Sarah Connor Chronicles was awesome!), I don't think she'd make a good Lara.

Talulah Riley might be able to do the job, though. Actually being English doesn't hurt her, and she has the look...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Much as I adore Summer (Sarah Connor Chronicles was awesome!), I don't think she'd make a good Lara.
    Correction. She would make a superb Lara
    signature image

Correction. She would make a superb Lara
    Telling you, Olivia Wilde would be better for the role.

Summer can do the badass thing just fine (thank you Joss!) but I dunno if she's any more the right fit for Lara than Felicia Day. Of course this is partially because her characters are colored as River Tam from Firefly for me.

@Elliot Kane: Talulah Riley? Maybe.
    signature imagesignature image

I am kind of partial to Olivia as well...also while Summer is a great actress, I would never be able to get past seeing her at River Tam from Firefly..plus I think her forehead is a bit too big for Lara
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    I am kind of partial to Olivia as well...also while Summer is a great actress, I would never be able to get past seeing her at River Tam from Firefly..plus I think her forehead is a bit too big for Lara
    Oh c'mon. If she had a pony tail in that pic, she'd be totally looking like Lara. The british accent will scrub away that River Tam image, and as you already agree, her acting chops will take care of the rest of the performance.

This is especially important for the character transformation and growth which this role (pertaining to the story content) demands. I believe Summer can really pull off the before and after Lara, making that gradual character development in the journey of self discovery, delivering it with genuine authenticity of a human being's experience.

And need I remind of her physical training background that will also serve to bring Lara to life? From marksmanship, to martial arts, and even her dancing background, that includes gymnastics which can translate well into Lara's acrobatics. Overall Summer has the perfect combination of looks (beauty), acting talent, and physical conditioning which will be very demanding on any actress to take this role.
    signature image

^ I don't know, I've only seen here in those SCCronicles, but she seems like she can't act IMO. Like, it would be hard for her to act those emotions xD Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see her as Lara :/

This is why we need a CGI movie! XD

And yeah, Olivia FTW!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    This is why we need a CGI movie! XD
    ^ Ditto.
    signature image

I'd say Summer is actually an incredibly good actress. She's absolutely superb in SCC. She just doesn't look even a tiny bit like Lara.

I'm a bigger fan of Summer than of any other actress mentioned in this thread, and by a very long way - but that doesn't make her good casting for Lara, either

Talulah Riley, on the other hand, has the face, the figure and the accent. And she's a good actress.

This is Talulah in profile:

How much more Lara-like could you get?

(Olivia Wilde is still a dreadful choice, BTW. She couldn't even look English, let alone like Lara)
    signature image

^ Okay, you got me convinced about Talulah, she could do the part... I'm wondering if CD's got anything to do with the movie, I mean, they could give advice, who looks like Lara, in what direction the movie should go, so it could be a respectable movie, not just another movie adapted from a video-game.
    signature image

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast