Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2141

Thread: PICUS NEWSDESK:News,Articles,Tweets /UPDATES - UPDATE: New SE Subsidiary

Quote Originally Posted by JMSwallow View Post
    I finished the game at 4.00am this morning. We did good.

For those of you who may be interested, I've posted up a series of blog entries about DXHR and my work on it over at my LiveJournal page...

It's not the end of the world - Deus Ex: Human Revolution arrives

Ten Things I Remember From Working On Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Truth Will Change You

Also, you can check out JJB and me talking about the game at the UK launch over on Ginx TV's The Blurb.
    Many thanks, Mr Swallow.

__

Official news on main site:

Coming in October
    Posted by Eidos Montreal

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During Adam's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

-New layers of conspiracy unveiled
    -Sprawling new environments
    -Brand-new characters to interact with
    -Rebuild Adam's augmentation set from scratch. Build up a brand new Adam!

What is The Missing Link? You'll find out soon...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

So we lose all our augmentations in the new DLC
    signature image

So I haven't been keeping up with new and sure didn't want to open a new thread to ask:

Has there been any news on the pre-order DLCs being made avaiable for everyone?

I just fear that it'll be the same as was with Infamous 2 pre-order DLC which came out a few weeks ago: I played through the game twice months ago, I don't care that it was released now. Back then I would've really appreciated it, though.

Latest official tweet:

eidosmontreal Eidos Montréal
    Come visit the Eidos-Montreal headquarters, meet the DX:HR devs, win prizes, and get your DX:HR stuff signed! on.fb.me/mXSa4C
    21 hours ago
    signature image

Just wait until I work there. Then I'll be the one giving out my autograph and giving away prizes... Wait a minute.
    signature image

Just to let everyone know that we've unstuck some threads now that the forum has calmed down a little.
    No need to search for them, the FAQs thread has been updated at the end with a list of the latest discussions, together with links.
    signature image

PC version's getting patched very, very soon. Here are the notes:

"The new patch addresses a variety of issues as well as adds some new features:

Fixes:
    - We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
    o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
    o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
    o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
    - Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
    - Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn’t open.
    - The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
    - Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
    - A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
    - An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
    - Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
    - Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
    - Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
    - Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
    - In DX9 mode:
    o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
    o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:
    - The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
    - Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
    - Added windowed mode.
    o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
    - Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround."
    Last edited by Coyotegrey; 09-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.

no word of consoles patch? the underclasses are starting to get desperate
    also- patch request for the laser sight glitch which causes ironsight miss-alignment on some guns- ive noticed it on the sniper rifle and revolver, and its definately not on the combat rifle or 10mm. or the heavy rifle cos no iron sights

Quote Originally Posted by unbeatableDX View Post
    no word of consoles patch? the underclasses are starting to get desperate
    Are they revolting?

"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffis View Post
    Are they revolting?
    You said it. They stink on ice. PULL!

<Heh... didn't even need to watch the vid to know that one. Only Blazing Saddles is better than this one.>
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotegrey View Post
    Feature Additions:
    - The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
    - Added windowed mode.
    o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
    This is amazing. I didn't experience any of the mentioned glitches, although I'm glad other users will benefit from the fixes, but adding new FEATURES in the patches because of the community's opinions?

EM continues to outdo itself. I applaud you guys, really caring for your product from day one all the way through post-release issues. Stellar.

Fixes:
    - We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
    o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
    o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
    o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
    - Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
    - The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
    - An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
    - Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
    - Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
    - Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
    - In DX9 mode:
    o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
    o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:
    - Added windowed mode.
    - Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround."
    no mention of the advertisements?

Fixes:
    - In DX9 mode:

Feature Additions:
    - Added windowed mode.

Excellent!
    signature image

Really glad to hear that you'll be able to skip the intro vids, that's good stuff.

No mention of a fix for the DX11 steam overlay flicker (which also stops me taking screenshots using F12) unfortunately, though. Hopefully in the next patch!
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

Don't forget to visit EM's Community Site for extra goodies, and the "Meet The Moderator" section has been updated with a great interview from Jerion.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/
    signature image

Awesome, that patch fixes quite a few little problems I had noticed. Plus a few awesome extras like skippable menus. A++ would patch again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoxter View Post
    Reading news about DX:HR is like watching a soap opera. My daily amount of emotions has been exceeded.

Did the photo at the memorial in the Sarif Industries lobby get enlarged or retextured? It looks good now. Previously I could barely make anything out.
    signature image

First post/first page edited with the latest update from the official Twitter:

EMP episode 3 - The Missing Link community.
    eidosmontreal.com/blogs/EMP-podc…

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/b...MP-podcast-ep3

Discussion thread here:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121152
    signature image

Default Icarus Effect at NY Comic Con

An FYI for any Big Apple residents, I'll be appearing in and around the New York Comic Con next weekend for a couple of signings; Friday 14th at the Premiere Collectibles booth (#2617) from 4:00pm to 5:00 pm, Saturday 15th at Games Workshop 54 East 8th Street from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. I'll doubtless show up at the Square Enix & Del Rey stands during the show as well...

^
    Thanks for this info.
    signature image

An FYI for any Big Apple residents, I'll be appearing in and around the New York Comic Con next weekend for a couple of signings; Friday 14th at the Premiere Collectibles booth (#2617) from 4:00pm to 5:00 pm, Saturday 15th at Games Workshop 54 East 8th Street from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. I'll doubtless show up at the Square Enix & Del Rey stands during the show as well...
    You're always welcome to come hang with me. I'll be there alllllllllll weekend.

I don't think I'll be able to make that trip.

Kyle, take a few pictures for me.
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to make that trip.

Kyle, take a few pictures for me.
    Of course!

^
    Look forward to seeing them.

Latest official tweet regarding The Missing Link DLC:
    To answer everyone's question, UK pricing for The Missing Link is 1200 MSP / £8.99 (PC and PS3).
    1 hour ago
    Eidos Montréal
    In EU, it will be released on October 18 for Xbox 360 and PC, and October 19 for PS3, and priced at 1200 MSP / €11.25 (PS3) / €10.99 (PC)
    Discussion thread here:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121152
    signature image

I crashed the after-party at the Golden Joysticks awards ceremony in London yesterday, and there were Deus Ex Human Revolution-themed cocktails on the menu - pic

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast