Thread: Just Cause Crash when opening PDA

Default Just Cause Crash when opening PDA

Hi,
    i recently bought "Just Cause" and "Just Cause 2" and im almost done with finishing the first game.

After 2 days of endless package-collecting (at the end i thought it would be nice to have a 100% savegame), the game suddenly started crashing.

After some investigation, i found out that the game ALWAYS crashes when i open the PDA, though in a new game it seems to work all right. When i hit "M", there is a short sound loop and BANG im back to Desktop (

I got newest DirectX and Graphics drivers and the game is updated via Steam.

Any idea how i could fix this?

I hope the issue has been resolved for you by now, but I'll post just in case anybody else looks at this thread. I had the exact same issue. I found this

http://www.erodov.com/forums/5870-dr...fix/33002.html

To fix the issue on my computer I bumped the voltage on my ram up to 1.55 volts from 1.5 in the bios. Then I went to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE and found the profile.xml file. Edit that and just use ctrl - f to search for corevoltage. Mine started at 1120 on my video card. I bumped them up by values of 5 until it worked. You may also need to change the permissions on the file and deny system from writing to keep it from resetting to original values.
    Last edited by NotMuchHelp; 09-22-2011 at 11:43 PM.