Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Batman: Arkham Asylum > Batman: Arkham Asylum Off-Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM
kain9998 kain9998 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 690
Default Not able to play DC Universe Online? Heres a better game!

Well there was no way in hell I was going to pay for DC Universe, so I went a got the demo for the game Champions Online. Now, this was a few months ago. Recently, Champions had launched something new: Free To Play.

With Free To Play you don't even have to BUY the game! It's 100% FREE! Think DC Universe online, except instead of fighting DC villains you fight new ones, and at level 25 (this is amazing), you make you OWN arch-villain for your hero to face off against.

Seriously guys. Don't waste time paying for DC Universe when you can play Champions. It's amazing for a free game. You can also pay monthly for more features, and you can bu ythings from the C-Store (Champions Store). Today I just bought for m ycharacter a Hover Disk, which is something like Green Goblin's Glider, and Knight Armor. I also purchased a new costume slot so I can have two costumes at once.

And I know this might sound like I am a bot or something but I think people around here know me enough to know I'm just in love with a game

If any of you are thinking of playing or are already playing post your thoughts. I will also answer any questions you may have about the game!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:21 PM
GOGO's Avatar
GOGO GOGO is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 98
Default

Can I be Batman in Champions Online? Can I be Superman? Can I be Green Lantern?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 PM
airblitz7 airblitz7 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO View Post
Can I be Batman in Champions Online? Can I be Superman? Can I be Green Lantern?
You can't be Batman, Superman or Green Lantern in DC Universe Online anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 PM
kain9998 kain9998 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO View Post
Can I be Batman in Champions Online? Can I be Superman? Can I be Green Lantern?
Actually, yes. I created a character looking exactly like Batman. I've seen Spidermans, Hulks, you name it. Hell, I've gone toe-to-toe with Shocker in a PVP match. I'm going to make my villain Scarecrow. I already messed around with the character creator to see how one would look, and it's pretty awesome. I once saw a video a while before free to play of somebody fighting a villain modeled after Lizard from Spiderman.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Old_BenKenobi Old_BenKenobi is offline
Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,414
Default

Terrible MMO gameplay is terrible. I like playing with the Character Creator and having been doing so for a few weeks now but other than that, yawn. Even though its free it still feels like a waste of my time. And DCUO doesn't appeal to me either. I'm just waiting for someone to put out a single player superhero RPG
__________________
"Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:27 AM
kain9998 kain9998 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi View Post
Terrible MMO gameplay is terrible. I like playing with the Character Creator and having been doing so for a few weeks now but other than that, yawn. Even though its free it still feels like a waste of my time. And DCUO doesn't appeal to me either. I'm just waiting for someone to put out a single player superhero RPG
No offense, Ben, but you kind of counter your own statement when you say DC Universe doesn't appeal to you either. This thread is supposed to be for people who actually LIKE DC Universe, and your obviously not the one to like that kind of game. Therefor what you just said really doesn't need to be taken into concideration. It would have been different if yuou had said you liked DC Universe and hated Champions. I actually like that kind of gameplay, wanted to play DC Universe but can't afford it. So Champions is something I fell in love with.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Old_BenKenobi Old_BenKenobi is offline
Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,414
Default

Well DCUO doesn't appeal to me mainly because I have to pay monthly for it, not because of any gameplay.
__________________
"Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
airblitz7 airblitz7 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
Default

Meh, mmos in general don't really appeal to me. I agree with Ben's earlier statement, with a superhero single player experience.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 PM
kain9998 kain9998 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi View Post
Well DCUO doesn't appeal to me mainly because I have to pay monthly for it, not because of any gameplay.
That makes more sense.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM
nate22345 nate22345 is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Default ???????????????????

wat is this game
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-19-2011, 08:50 AM
nate22345 nate22345 is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Default

or is it not?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Batman The Trailer Hunter's Avatar
Batman The Trailer Hunter Batman The Trailer Hunter is offline
Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America
Posts: 5,908
Default

FYI Since this post was made DC Universe is now free to play online
__________________
Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 PM
VinceNullen VinceNullen is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi View Post
Well DCUO doesn't appeal to me mainly because I have to pay monthly for it, not because of any gameplay.
dude man u guys are stupid first of all DCUO is free to play and champions really its just another copyright game trying be just like DCUO but failes because u cant Mix DC with Marvel they dont match so that was a dumb move for even posting this thread im done now with this thread bye
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 AM
Old_BenKenobi Old_BenKenobi is offline
Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceNullen View Post
dude man u guys are stupid first of all DCUO is free to play and champions really its just another copyright game trying be just like DCUO but failes because u cant Mix DC with Marvel they dont match so that was a dumb move for even posting this thread im done now with this thread bye
Hey listen dumb , YOU'RE the one who bumped a three year old thread to try and call ME out. So don't try and pull that hit and run bull.

Three years ago DCUO wasn't F2P, it was a brand new game with a monthly subscription. And Champions Online was NOT trying to be DCUO because DCUO didn't even EXIST when the game was made.
__________________
"Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Driber's Avatar
Driber Driber is offline
iMod™
Eidos Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Mater Urbium
Posts: 19,700
Default

^ The guy did the same in another forum here. He just trolling, just ignore it
__________________

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.