Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Protagonist

Default Denton Vs Jensen

JC Denton was walking in a dark alley, behind 'Ton Hotel. He had to do a job for the Illuminati, he had to kill one of the people who threatened the new world order. He was seen in Hell's Kitchen, asking questions about him. But he asked the wrong people. Jordan Shea called him saying that someone was looking for him. A Mech.

He was about to get up to the fire escape ladder, to take a look on his brothers room, when he heard something falling from the roof. He didnt have time to react when Adam Jensen landed with force beside him and knocked him of his feet. With just a thought he activated all his nano augmentations, just to be ready. It was a good move. The aggressive defensive system was beeping so loud that he was going mad, but he was content. Jensen was about to make his first bad move. The mini bombs from the claymore augmentation exploded prematurely, wounding Jensen seriously, leaving him gasping for air.

-You must be Adam Jensen. Morgan Everett says hi.
Jensen gave an angry look at the young augmented agent.
-You are getting too old for this. Now why dont you spare yourself a lot of pain from our interrogation experts and tell me what i need to know right now.
Jensen's mind was working hard. He wasnt dead and it was a matter of time before his regeneration augmentation would kick in, and then he would end this young fool in a matter of seconds. He just hoped that Denton didnt know about this power.
-Well... he paused for a few seconds, pretending that he needed to take a breath, what do you want to know?
-Tell me the name and were i can find two of your associates. Just two will do, i am not greedy.
Jensen felt the chemicals working through his body. He had to stall him for half a minute.
- Why are you doing this? Dont you see that you are... he faked a cough to gain time... that what you are doing is hurting people? You are just protecting the elite. People must have a chance to be free and be happy at long last. After all that they have been through...
- People dont know what to do with their freedom Jensen. Normal people need leaders to guide them to the light. I know that we have failed in the past, but now, the new world order will be for the greater good. People will be happy, you will see that Jensen, even if only from the prison. Now why dont you tell me what i need to know?
-You are mistaken, and i cannot let you get away. The Illluminati must be stopped.

And with that words he kicked Denton back, and jumped back in cover. He took out his shotgun and started firing at Denton. JC took a hit at his left arm before he activated his ballistic augmentation. With the help of his speed augmentation he grabbed some cover too.
-Health Regeneration? Seriously? Didnt know you mechs could do that.
-The industry has grown before the fall Denton. Much more then you imagined. They couldnt handle the logistics of handing out medical kits so... You should have done your homework!

Both of them were trading shots, but no one could hit the other, and even the few shots that did hit, the augmentations minimized their effect. But now Jensen heard sirens. The police was coming. He had to act fast. He cloaked and started running towards Denton. JC listened to the footsteps and noticed that Jensen wasnt firing anymore. He activated his vision augmentation. The sonar image made Jensen visible again. He was just a few meters away, blades coming out of his arm. JC didnt have any time to react. He activated his Streangth augmentation and grabbed Jensen's arms. The two man were struggling to turn the blades against each other.
-Bet you thought you were invisible, didnt you?
-And you thought you were all powerful right? Said Jensen as he started to slowly overpowering Denton. Nano augmentations were designed so that the agents could blend in to the public. Mech augmentations were much more crude, but a bit more powerful and that little bit made the difference that moment.

Denton had to act fast if he was to survive. He cloaked, let go of one of Jensen's hand and reached for his EMP grenade. Jensen with his free hand stabbed Denton in the torso but at the same time the EMP grenade exploded. Denton took a few steps back and dived for cover. Jensen knew that he had to recharge his bioelectric level or he would not have a chance. He jumped up to the fire escape ladder and from the he got to the roof of the 'Ton Hotel.

"It was foolish of me to think that i could take him on like that. I dont know if i can get out of this alive. He is too powerful, too diverse, too smart and too dedicated to get me. His augmentations are a mystery to me, but he has faced Mechs before. Damn, he even killed Gunther." He thought as he was getting to the roof.

Unbeknown to him, Denton made the exact same thoughts. The revelation that this mechs physical power was higher then his, was a shock. JC used his medkit to heal every wound from his last battle and four bioelectric cell's to recharge his bioelectric energy. He had to get him this time, because if he got away and learned more things about him, next time he might have bigger problems....

To be continued...
Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Protagonist

You have my seal of approval ~

I'm reading, i'm reading!

Although i love both characters, i think that JC would win the fight as soon as Jensen activated that bombing thing around him (Claymore?) and JC used the Agressive Defensive System. Boom!

Jensen would implode.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Protagonist

Well that would be boring..

Also if you spot any grammatic mistakes, please tell me, because i want to upload it to my Devian Art profile.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Permanent Vacation

Great idea, good execution. Last too paragraphs read a little odd.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Gamer

I call non-canon: if the two ever met everything around them would explode. Nothing can contain that level of awesome.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Protagonist

Thumbs up

Ok, that was good and made me laugh.

Encore une fois!

Last edited by IOOI; 11-19-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-A View Post
I call non-canon: if the two ever met everything around them would explode. Nothing can contain that level of awesome.
Thats BS and you know it.. JC and Alex D. met in invisible war and the world didnt explode. Ok, ok, just kidding
Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Gamer

Why would you have the two protagonist fight each other, no thanks .
Old 11-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Protagonist

The two of them in a fight is way better than the two of them... you know... fanfic-style...

EEW!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Protagonist

^^ working together for the greater good?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Protagonist

I forgot to say that we already know Adam's weak point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOOI View Post
Yes. He also looks like a good succes.. hum.. predecessor but apparently he can't swim for .

So far I haven't heard of any Swimming related aug or skill, so this would be something JC would exploit to defeat AJ.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Gamer

Well, funny thing is that the story will go for posts and posts only to finish with JC saying Adam's killswitch.

What a shame..
Old 11-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Bel View Post
Thats BS and you know it.. JC and Alex D. met in invisible war and the world didnt explode. Ok, ok, just kidding
Excuse me, sir, Alex Denton sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades View Post
The two of them in a fight is way better than the two of them... you know... fanfic-style...

EEW!!
Er... Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOOI View Post
I forgot to say that we already know Adam's weak point.

So far I haven't heard of any Swimming related aug or skill, so this would be something JC would exploit to defeat AJ.
That picture is incredible. But where are the trenchcoats...?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-A View Post
Excuse me, sir, Alex Denton sucks.
Hahahahahaha... NO!
He/She is ok, why do you think even JC asked for his/her to help?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Gamer

Adam is more experienced than JC so he has the upper hand. If

Sorry to say it but we don't know what

For me JC would work with Adam or they would just never cross paths, or if they did it would be through information and not physical. It's just not plausible.

It's like going back in time and destroying the universe. Too many variables and algorithims to calculate, too much information overload .
Old 11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
Adam is more experienced than JC so he has the upper hand. If

Sorry to say it but we don't know what

For me JC would work with Adam or they would just never cross paths, or if they did it would be through information and not physical. It's just not plausible.

It's like going back in time and destroying the universe. Too many variables and algorithims to calculate, too much information overload .
Adam will be considerably older, and depending on which JC we're talking about here (end game vs. beginning of DX) we've got a good fight on our hands. I'd be willing to bet the Dragon's Tooth would make short work of Adam's armblades.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Gamer

It's the super advanced techno future though, age wouldn't slow Adam down all that much. I just think Adam would win hand's down, especially if he catches JC straight out of the Academy. I never see this fight happening though unless someone was playing an a-hole JC :P.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Gamer

I was never a big fan of fan fiction myself but this was okay.

One thing to remember is that Denton was far superior to Jenson. He beat not only Anna but Gunther as well, who were all mechs just like Jensen. The whole point of Denton's Augmentations were that they were far superior to Mechanical Augmentations in both look and functionality.

Hence Denton would destroy Jenson any day of the week.

With A BOMB!

What a shame.

P.S. Denton had a regenerating health augmentation as well remember? So why would Jensen brag about not having to use medkits? He'd be like "Ha ha I have regenerating health!" and Denton would be like "Um......me to. Ya you just want to have a theological debate instead?"

Then they would spew out random smart sounding theories at each other while our brains slowly melted away and we forgot who we even were.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Protagonist

Walton Simons also had superior firmware of Denton's augs, and took one helluva beating.

At least from me.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexofspades View Post
walton simons also had superior firmware of denton's augs, and took one helluva beating.

At least from me.

are you chuck norris!?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Gamer

^Walton is an easy kill. It's not even funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaslayer View Post
Hahahahahaha... NO!
He/She is ok, why do you think even JC asked for his/her to help?
I think the fact of how poorly recieved Invisible War was speaks for itself, good forum denizen.
This is cool ---->

This is Alex ---->
Just out of reach.

Also... Everyone knows that was not the real J.C. in IW. It has been proven by science.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Walton is an easy kill. It's not even funny.
You know, I spent half of the game in fear that I'd cross path with Simmons, and another chunk preparing myself for what I thought would be quite simply unavoidable. The encounter was pretty tits, well-timed and all, but the fight was a farce. Gunther gave me more trouble, although I must admit it's in great part due to a bad save timing.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoN_LiMe View Post
are you chuck norris!?
No, no, haha!

Its was easy:

I turned invisible, then i used super speed aug to jump on the top of his head and stabbed him with my Dragon Tooth like a psychopathic cyber ninja. He was down after a few hits.

If he hits you with the Plasma thing, though, you better have EMP shield otherwise you're down since it blinds you...
Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades View Post
No, no, haha!

Its was easy:

I turned invisible, then i used super speed aug to jump on the top of his head and stabbed him with my Dragon Tooth like a psychopathic cyber ninja. He was down after a few hits.

If he hits you with the Plasma thing, though, you better have EMP shield otherwise you're down since it blinds you...

Ya nobody has the EMP shield. Seriously did anyone ever use that aug? lol

And personally I think that would have been a better theme for the game. Forget noir renaissance thriller!

Psychopathic Cyber Ninja FTW!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Gamer

Well, for a start, whilst I get the point you're trying to make, but who is to say that nano augs were infact 'better' than mechanical augs in terms of functionality? The chief advantage of nano augmentation was that it was less intrusive, with no arms needing to be lopped off or permanently losing body parts - more subtle in terms of what the agents could achieve. There are probably also things you could do with nanotechnology that you couldn't do with mechanical augmentation.

But, I wouldn't have liked to have bet on JC not having his arm crushed in an arm wresting competition with Gunther, or indeed Adam. I'm no engineer, so I couldn't possibly tell you what kind of force could be put through a mechanical arm were one to exist, but i'm willing to bet it's potentially a fair ammount.

But the arm thing is just a single example of why Mechs vs Nano Augs isn't exactly a straightforward "Nano is better".