Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online co-op update - 360

Good to hear some news, even though they're good only for some users (360 owners).
    I'm not really upset about the delay of the patch for PC because I'm not really keen on co-op, although I would definitely like to try it.
    DLC is what I'm really looking forward to.

yeah i rather loneliness too but i can't find the items alone..
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

I'm up for blowing the crap out of you with mines Keir.

My gamertag is Stilton Squad (don't ask, lol) if you fancy a game when the patch is out.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GameCheeseHD - Check out my gaming YouTube channel for news, us laughing at crap games and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    There is so much wrong with this post I can't even really comment. Do you honestly believe that you could solve the online co-op problem better than Eidos/CD? ...that's what I thought.

That's the problem with gamers these days. All they care about is the finished product and whether or not it met their expectations according to when the developer said it would be ready. Why is it that people are so 'let down' when the developer announces they will delay something so gamers can have the best possible experience? Would you rather they have released a half-finished version that hardly ever worked? It's a lose-lose situation because the gamers are the people with the problem. Not the company.

Granted, I'm not granting immunity to the company, but since I don't know what happened within the company (maybe some key personnel decided to quit, maybe they ran into authentication issues with networking, I have no idea); the point is, if you dont know, don't try to make it seem like it's shameful that it's not finished yet.

It just shows how ignorant and senseless you are as a gamer. But don't feel too alone...about 95% of gamers are exactly like this.
    I completely disagree with you here. Of course if this reply was directed towards me, if I was in their shoes, I would have set a REALISTIC date that the game would release. After all, if this is the first time they did an online game, did they think it would be easy? If I were developing a game and had not released an online version before, i would not set a release date with promises...

Thats what is wrong with the company...

Shame on you for thinking its the gamers with the problem. Sure people can be patient when they hear news, but imo, if you dont have experience with something, don't set a due date.

Would have been perfectly fine with this company if they released a single player with PLANS to release co-op in the future...not release them together...thats where they ran into a problem with the consumers...

And you stated "That's the problem with gamers these days...all they care about is the finished product"... as a consumer putting money on these games, there is no problem with gamers wanting what was promised, projected, determined, as far as a complete game. Quit being a fanboy and trying to act like what they did was acceptable...

They shouldn't have set a date on co-op like that...especially if they don't have the experience....(That to me is the problem with developers these days).

On the other hand, thanks Keir for the update. Can't wait to see this update for the PS3 so that I can finally enjoy the game. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CuRsEdZx View Post
    I completely disagree with you here. Of course if this reply was directed towards me, if I was in their shoes, I would have set a REALISTIC date that the game would release. After all, if this is the first time they did an online game, did they think it would be easy? If I were developing a game and had not released an online version before, i would not set a release date with promises...

Thats what is wrong with the company...

Shame on you for thinking its the gamers with the problem. Sure people can be patient when they hear news, but imo, if you dont have experience with something, don't set a due date.

Would have been perfectly fine with this company if they released a single player with PLANS to release co-op in the future...not release them together...thats where they ran into a problem with the consumers...

And you stated "That's the problem with gamers these days...all they care about is the finished product"... as a consumer putting money on these games, there is no problem with gamers wanting what was promised, projected, determined, as far as a complete game. Quit being a fanboy and trying to act like what they did was acceptable...

They shouldn't have set a date on co-op like that...especially if they don't have the experience....(That to me is the problem with developers these days).

On the other hand, thanks Keir for the update. Can't wait to see this update for the PS3 so that I can finally enjoy the game. I appreciate it.
    Why is it that whenever someone doesn't agree with the general opinion they are automatically labeled as a fanboy? I really have never managed to understand that. I am definitely not a fanboy for *anything* (not even Apple despite the fact that I own an iPad), I just have an open mind about things and have a very strong appreciation for the gaming industry because though I'm a software developer, I cannot even fathom the amount of work that goes into releasing a full-blown game from any one of the big-name companies. Just because I get annoyed with the level of impatience that most gamers these days have with gaming companies however, does not mean that I would jump in front of a bus for them.

My point is purely a notice of my annoyance with gamers that feel like everything has to be perfect, no room for error, and that missing dates is a crime against nature. This annoyance can probably be blamed on the fact that I work for a software company, and I deal with people every day that whine and moan about little bugs and whatnot that are still not fixed. They act as though it should be a 10 second fix, when in fact it takes a few hours just to figure out WHAT the problem is, then more time to figure out HOW to fix it.

Most gamers have very little awareness to the process that a software company goes through to release a product to the general public. Implementing internet connectivity into a video game sounds incredibly complex to me, I can't even think of how I would start to set something like that up.

Bottom line, my defense isn't for CD/Eidos. It's for the software industry as a whole. People's level of impatience for video games these days is just astounding that it annoys me anytime I see someone complaining about a feature/lack of feature promised in the game. I said it before and I'll say it again...would you rather that they released the co-op unfinished, full of bugs (not that a software company would *ever* do something like that) just so the customer doesn't complain about the timing? No. Because you'd just whine about how it doesn't work properly and that you wasted your money on an unfinished product.

It's a lose-lose situation when facing the consumer as a software company, because people just like to whine to whine. Maybe if you get that through your head you'll understand how you come off as being a whiner with very little care for how much effort a company probably has put into making their customers happy. They set these "dates" months/years in advance, and eventually it gets to the point where they make or miss the date. Only the ignorant gamers get all riled up because they were expecting the product on the date that it was "promised".

Oh, by the way you're point about how they should have said "co-op is coming" after releasing the single player game would never fly with consumers, and you know this. Immediately everyone would believe that it was a paid-DLC item that the company would be sucking more money out of their pockets.

And I guess you can insinuate all you want about whether or not I'm a fanboy for CD/Eidos, I know that I'm not. I just hate it when people try to act like mistakes are unacceptable within the software industry. Programmers are just like any other human being...what's so unacceptable about that?
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Nemesis296 Laura is not real you will never get a date with her sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgate View Post
    Nemesis296 Laura is not real you will never get a date with her sorry
    What a great contribution that post was to the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Oh, by the way you're point about how they should have said "co-op is coming" after releasing the single player game would never fly with consumers, and you know this. Immediately everyone would believe that it was a paid-DLC item that the company would be sucking more money out of their pockets.
    Saying that online co-op is included, which the 360 store has stated since launch is far worse! They have annoyed many 360 gamers (check out the LCGoL section over at xbox.com).

Still, as long as they learn a lesson from this debacle then it will help them in the future. I doubt that Eidos will deny that the launch was handled pretty poorly.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 10-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996)
    signature image

More w00tness:

FREE* DLC for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on XBLA coming
    Wednesday October 27th

Full online co-op also on October 27th

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is to receive a major update on Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday, October 27, 2010. Full online functionality including co-operative play will be activated via a free title update and free* downloadable content will be available for a limited time period.

“We’re delighted the Online Co-op is ready and going live – as a thank you to the patient Xbox gamers, and for a limited time only we will be giving away our first DLC pack for free. Download it, have a go and while you’re there try the online co-op mode, it’s great fun,” said Darrell Gallagher, General Manager of Crystal Dynamics.

(*The first DLC pack entitled ‘All the trappings’ will be given away for free for 30 days to XBLA players. The pack offers up a brand new area to conquer and features a combination of puzzle, exploration and combat experiences.)

The co-op and DLC update for PlayStation3 and PC players will be coming soon. More details to follow.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Looking forward to it
    Darrell Gallagher mentions 'patient Xbox gamers'.
    I wonder what the even more patient PS3 & PC gamers can expect?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    More w00tness:

Wednesday October 27th

(*The first DLC pack entitled ‘All the trappings’ will be given away for free for 30 days to XBLA players. The pack offers up a brand new area to conquer and features a combination of puzzle, exploration and combat experiences.)

The co-op and DLC update for PlayStation3 and PC players will be coming soon. More details to follow.
    Free for 30 days? As in, get it within the first 30 days and it's free; or, download it and after 30 days you have to pay to continue using it?

If you download it within 30 days it is free (& you can use it forever). After 30 days it will have a price attached. So in other words, they are suggesting that people buy the core game ASAP
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 10-26-2010 at 08:02 AM.
    signature image

so let me guess..we ps3ers are going to buy the dlc keir? why the hell im not surprised?

Yeah, I am not feeling the love here Keir.

The PS3 seems to be getting left out in the cold a bit in fact. Its not so much the fact we are being made to wait longer than xbox players (AGAIN!), but as the exclusive deal is presumably over, is there any reason?

Did the deal with MS state you had to delay patches, bug fixes and DLC longer than the xbox release too?

Please forgive us for not being happy at the "coming soon" but looking back on the history of this game, its not filling me with confidence.

I have tried to defend this title to the people complaining on the forums, but its getting harder and harder to do so. There are so many missed opportunities here, I can only see it hurting sales in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofer View Post

The PS3 seems to be getting left out in the cold a bit in fact. Its not so much the fact we are being made to wait longer than xbox players (AGAIN!), but as the exclusive deal is presumably over, is there any reason?

Did the deal with MS state you had to delay patches, bug fixes and DLC longer than the xbox release too?

Please forgive us for not being happy at the "coming soon" but looking back on the history of this game, its not filling me with confidence.

I have tried to defend this title to the people complaining on the forums, but its getting harder and harder to do so. There are so many missed opportunities here, I can only see it hurting sales in the end.
    Fair point & it looks like the majority of people that visit this forum (& TR fans in general) are PC & PS3 users, who will not be overly impressed with the latest 'w00tness'

I only bought the 360 version because my hand was forced. The PS3 controls (R1 & R2 inverted) does not work for me & the bugs (trophy problem) meant that I had to go with the 360 version.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 10-26-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    signature image

Somehow it feels like .. :\ Ah well, I'm waiting at the pc for more updates, I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    so let me guess..we ps3ers are going to buy the dlc keir? why the hell im not surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofer View Post

Hi guys. I understand why you're frustrated

There isn't any official news about the PS3 or PC versions at the moment. Right now the best I can do is point you to a quote given by Crystal Dynamics Brand Director on kotaku.com a while ago:

The first of those packs will be free for Xbox 360 users for the first 30 days of release. It will include a trio of new challenge rooms. Stewart said that Crystal Dynamics hopes to be able to offer the same kind of release for the PS3 and Steam versions but that such a plan is not set in stone yet.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Thanks Keir for that reply, it helps clarify the state of play. Not a good state however if you are a PC or PS3 player.

I fully expect to be very bored of the game by the time I can get more content. The hacked leaderboards mean scores are worthless, I have most acheivements I care about now. I play a bit with my kids, but thats it.

There better be some amazing puzzles in the add on content! More than pads and ball rolling. Can we at least have a Key/lock and proper levers?

grrr...
    I dislike all this xbox love...although i will continue to be a happy camper and (try to) wait patiently for the ps3 update. Having a whinge towards the matter isn't going to make the delay any shorter, but i will instead cheer on the good blokes at HQ in the hopes that they will become more motivated and get my update to me sooner :P Wishful thinking? Perhaps. But anyway, I have cookies! mwa ha ha. So maybe that was a bribe instead..psh.

Thanks for all the info Kier, you make a fine mediator

/my two cents

That is really odd... assuming that PS3 and PC user base is smaller then the 360's... we could only expect to get the same treatment as the money loss would be insignificant compared to the 360.

Hmm.. I played the Online Coop a minute ago and its really Funny.. I played with a stranger.. I dont know who he was but he was very good at this game.
    But the DLC isnt there yet.. (German XBL Store)

keir..buddy..bro or baby take any you like most but please next time let us know with something official! the majority of gamers here are pc and ps3 users as we were always..it's not fair for us and my friends on ps3 who had the game too now they just playing other games! losing customers buddy and you know it..aw and maybe make the dlc exclusive again for the xbox..u saw what a great move was that from you at cd a year ago with the low sales..
    Last edited by Denis..; 10-27-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Always the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    keir..buddy..bro or baby take any you like most but please next time let us know with something official! the majority of gamers here are pc and ps3 users as we were always..it's not fair for us and my friends on ps3 who had the game too now they just playing other games! losing customers buddy and you know it..aw and maybe make the dlc exclusive again for the xbox..u saw what a great move was that from you at cd a year ago with the low sales..
    my friends get bored too :S this patch need to come quickly... ps3 player...

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    More w00tness:

Wednesday October 27th

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is to receive a major update on Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday, October 27, 2010. Full online functionality including co-operative play will be activated via a free title update and free* downloadable content will be available for a limited time period.

“We’re delighted the Online Co-op is ready and going live – as a thank you to the patient Xbox gamers, and for a limited time only we will be giving away our first DLC pack for free. Download it, have a go and while you’re there try the online co-op mode, it’s great fun,” said Darrell Gallagher, General Manager of Crystal Dynamics.

Oh big freaking hairy deal you wastes of space. A totally pointless and token gesture to try and make up for all the crap you have done.

You lot just suck of the first degree. You should NEVER NEVER EVER make promises and release dates you know are impossible to keep.

And there has never been an explanation for the delay.

Nemesis296 you do speak a lot of garbage dont you. Stop defending them. The fact remains that Eidos suck and no comapny should ever make promises and give out release dates they cant keep. Geting us all excited and then dashing them.

Or give us unfinished games. They shouldn't have released it at all when they knew the game wasn't finished. Now try and get this through your head they only released it in August for Xbox's ty as hell waste of space Arcade Of Summer (whatever that was)

Cursedzx you speak the truth man and you hit the nail fair and square on the head. You proved my point exactly.
    Last edited by sonicr9; 10-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast