Thread: Game Crashes, w7 , 64 bit version

Default Game Crashes, w7 , 64 bit version

hello

so i'm able to install, startup, configure settings and load profile etc. I start the game, watch the cinematic intro - so far it all works..

.. but then, the when im in game, i can only see the HUD, the rest is black. From then , it crashes to my desktop. Sometimes, not allways, do i recive the error message:

"Direct3D: Error Error: 8876086c"

wtf is this? i've tried running the game in different compability modes, as admin etc. Nothing works. Lowering the desktop resolution does not work either, the game always crashes after the intro movie.

How to solve?

First post here!

Just wanted to confirm that the postrenderer fix also works on Windows 7 x64. Goto: Documents-->SHELLSHOCK_NAM67 folder and open the file TOD_PC for editing. Change the postrendereffects line to off. Save file. Game should work.

My system specs for reference:
    ASUS M4A89GTC PRO/USB3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE (all oc options off atm)
    iGPU is 890GX Crossfired with
    eGPU ATI Radeon 4890
    4GB Corsair DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz RAM (oc options off)
    Windows 7 64-Bit

Just for S&G, what exactly gets disabled by turning that off? If you say post-render effects, you'll make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldarius View Post
    First post here!

Just wanted to confirm that the postrenderer fix also works on Windows 7 x64. Goto: Documents-->SHELLSHOCK_NAM67 folder and open the file TOD_PC for editing. Change the postrendereffects line to off. Save file. Game should work.

My system specs for reference:
    ASUS M4A89GTC PRO/USB3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE (all oc options off atm)
    iGPU is 890GX Crossfired with
    eGPU ATI Radeon 4890
    4GB Corsair DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz RAM (oc options off)
    Windows 7 64-Bit

Just for S&G, what exactly gets disabled by turning that off? If you say post-render effects, you'll make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

hello and thank you for responding!

when i enter the SHELLSHOCK_NAM67 folder and open the file named TOD_PC for editing, its empty. nothing in there. So i'm not sure how to change postrendereffects line to off.

also i did not understand what you wrote about S&G ?

My system specs:
    MSI 770 C45
    AMD Phenom 2 x4 'black edition' 3.2ghz Quad core
    XFX Radeon HD 5770
    8GB Corsair DDR3 at 1333mhz RAM
    Windows 7 x64-bit

Please respond once more