Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: What are you doing at this very minute?

Laundry. When that beast is slain I'm taking my dog sitter out to buy parts for his car. Later tonight, adult beverages
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Boy, did I have an exciting morning. I was on the train reading another thrilling chapter in the new Tomb Raider novel. I sat in the Silence Compartment, seat of 4 with one other girl (stranger) with my headphones on. After a few stops an older man comes in. He was talking and I already had my fingernails in my seat because I thought it was another guy who didn’t know he entered the Silence Compartment. Until I realized he wasn’t with someone, so he was talking to himself. He sits down next the girl and says: ‘’Well, I’ll just go sit here with you then’’. His talking was extremely slurred. I kept my eyes on the book and tried to use my ‘peripheral vision’ to check him out. The girl was pinned against the wall because the guy used all the space he could get. He kept talking to her while her eyes screamed: ‘’Help me!’’. Suddenly the room was filled with the stench of alcohol. Obviously he was drunk. I kept my eyes on the book to avoid eye contact, while he kept talking to the girl. He kept saying he was going to the hospital to visit his mum. Suddenly he’s holding up a thin white stick and I see he’s lightning up a smoke. I think everyone was too scared of the guy to say anything about it. Then he says: It’s too silent in here. He picks out his phone and puts his music on speaker.

Finally I felt the train slowing down. I heard the speaker turn on. So I pretend to lift my head from my book to listen what the next stop is. At this point me and the other girl were looking at each other like ‘let’s get the heck out of here’. I really had this weird natural instinct to find the most effective way to get away from that guy without risking him being suspicious I left because of him. My legs were actually shaking, I really wanted to get away from that guy. Suddenly he asks: ‘’Does this train stop at Amsterdam?’’ I nod, head for the door and wait for the other girl to catch up with me. We both had the same idea and ran to the last compartment. These are strange times. Who knows; that drunk guy might pull a knife or hit someone out of nowhere.

One thing bothered me though. I, too, had to get out at Amsterdam. And after all my efforts he had still seen my face. What if he recognized me? (Perhaps the Tomb Raider novel made me a little more paranoid than I usually am) I took the exit farthest from his, but saw him walking in front of me. More like dancing actually. He kept stopping, then walking, then stopping again. And each time I hid behind a billboard. When he was on the stairs to exit, I took a different staircase. I walked all the way around Central Station to the tram station. I knew the tram to the hospital was right new to my tram. So I waited from a distance until my tram came up.

And now I’m safe at work thinking: ‘’T’heck just happened?’’
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 11-10-2014 at 04:32 AM.

^^^^ That sounds terrifying! Glad you're alright and nothing happened. Glad you went with your instincts to avoid him. Most people don't seem to nowadays. The instincts never lie.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

It was so weird! I can't help but wonder.. did he drink because of his mother being in the hospital or was he an outcast and his mother doesn't want him at the hospital.

There's no need to wonder why he's drinking. The fact of the matter is, he is clearly an inconsiderate ass, and unless he is completely illiterate, was doing it just to raise a stink. When you work on Bourbon Street, you come to understand drunkards' motivations really quick. Drunks will often do what they want just to see if they can get away with it. And then, they'll claim: "Oh, I'm sorry. i'm drunk. I didn't know.". And they'll use whatever excuse is necessary to justify their drunken state.

10-1 this guy was just a wanker trying to see how much he could get away with. Let's see....he enters an area known to be a Silence Zone. He sits down by a clearly terrified girl, and takes up as much room as he can, forcing her to literally scrunch up just to avoid being in contact with him. He reeks of alcohol. He says: "It's too quiet in here." and turns on music in a room marked for silence. He slurs some lame excuse about his mum being in hospital. And continues to act creepily. He knew precisely what he was doing, and where he was doing it. The lack of anyone with the ability to enforce the rules on the train was all he needed to engage in his trollish activity.

Oh...as for what I am doing at the moment....waiting for the frakking Destiny servers to come back online.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Mind is blown, I think you may be right. Why else would he sit with 2 small girls? He could have sat down anywhere...

Edit.
    Learning for my rediculous calculation exam. Cause doing finals one time isn't enough in The Netherlands. No calculator, no Google (because that obviously fits in this generation).

This is my set up, cause pen and paper is far too mainstream.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 11-14-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Mind is blown, I think you may be right. Why else would he sit with 2 small girls? He could have sat down anywhere...

Edit.
    Learning for my rediculous calculation exam. Cause doing finals one time isn't enough in The Netherlands. No calculator, no Google (because that obviously fits in this generation).

This is my set up, cause pen and paper is far too mainstream.

(click image to enlarge)
    Now all you need is one big flashing red button.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011