Thread: What is next for Avalanche Studios?

Default What is next for Avalanche Studios?

So I am pretty sure they have a new game planned already, when is it going to be revealed?

Currently they are hiring for their next big project.

From their website:
    "As we're working on the tough task of updating our website with a little button at the top of the page with the text 'Jobs', we'd like to point you in the direction of our Jobs page. We are looking for experienced programmers to join our team, currently working on a new exciting project based on one of the coolest licenses on the planet."

"...based on one of the coolest licenses on the planet."

Makes you wonder what it is, huh? Doesn't appear to be a new IP, so what is one of the coolest licenses on the planet?

I dunno if there's any other info out there, but this was just from a quick look at their site. Wikipedia lists AionGuard as TBA, but it is officially cancelled (but may be picked up again in the future).
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

From what I've heard from Chris, they are fully booked until 2014... which undoubtably is when they might release the next "big project".

Though, the next big project isn't necessarily a sequel to Just Cause 2, they could very well have acquired the rights to another IP, and judging by the fact they said "based on one of the coolest licenses on the planet", it could easily be a book or film perhaps?

who knows... only one way to find out
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

[edit by Driber: stop hijacking threads with the same old complaints about the patch already, it's getting annoying]
    Last edited by Driber; 07-03-2010 at 06:38 AM.

What is next for Avalanche Studios?
    Hang on let me get my Tarot Cards....

Okay, after laying them out in a careful spread, meditating, contacting all of my spirit guides, and making sure that Pisces was aligned with Uranus I have an answer:

They will make another game that they abysmally fail to support.

lol Seriously, I hope they are working on the sequel to JC2 and plan on addressing our complaints it.

THE HUNTER..

whut i got from their website, is that they aquired a license.
    ""acquisition of the full rights to theHunter intellectual property"" blog

and are now seeking people for
    "currently working on a new exciting project based on one of the coolest licenses on the planet."

so add the two, and my Guess is that they are working on the Hunter.
    and guessing its very big open world like panau.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasz View Post
    THE HUNTER..

whut i got from their website, is that they aquired a license.
    ""acquisition of the full rights to theHunter intellectual property"" blog

and are now seeking people for
    "currently working on a new exciting project based on one of the coolest licenses on the planet."

so add the two, and my Guess is that they are working on the Hunter.
    and guessing its very big open world like panau.
    theHunter is mostly completed and playable. I've been playing it for a year and they've been slowly adding on more bits and pieces to it, so it's not a new project at all.

It's a fun game. First person, built on Avalanche Engine 2.0 and really shows the power of the engine moreso than JC2. Check it out sometime even if you don't like hunting games. It's a lot of fun.

And it's free
    Add me on PSN or Steam: Talidan or Windows/Xbox Live: KawaiiCuddles (Don't ask :P )
    www.cheatmasters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Talidan View Post
    theHunter is mostly completed and playable. I've been playing it for a year and they've been slowly adding on more bits and pieces to it, so it's not a new project at all.

It's a fun game. First person, built on Avalanche Engine 2.0 and really shows the power of the engine moreso than JC2. Check it out sometime even if you don't like hunting games. It's a lot of fun.

And it's free
    That makes an interesting point, but Avalanche have set up a separate studio which will concentrate on The Hunter. It will be completely separate to Avalanche, so Avalanche's next big thing isn't the Hunter.
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Movura View Post
    That makes an interesting point, but Avalanche have set up a separate studio which will concentrate on The Hunter. It will be completely separate to Avalanche, so Avalanche's next big thing isn't the Hunter.
    Isn't the separate studio the one that had theHunter in the first place, but Avalanche acquired the studio along with the license?
    www.cheatmasters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Movura View Post
    ahh i see.. Than it could also be a major DLC pack for just cause2?
    Releasing underwater DLC content for us too enjoy and exploring Panau to its fullest.
    would pay MS points on that

other than that i have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by aliasz View Post
    ahh i see.. Than it could also be a major DLC pack for just cause2?
    Releasing underwater DLC content for us too enjoy and exploring Panau to its fullest.
    would pay MS points on that

other than that i have no clue.
    I wish, but I doubt they would be trying to a hire a bunch of people just to make some DLC. They've already got all the folk who worked on the game, so who would be able to do it better? The ones who worked on JC2 and Avalanche Engine 2.0 from the start, or new folk?

Since it's "one of the coolest licenses in the world" and Avalanche likes to work with Eidos, maybe checking future Eidos games that do not have a developer official attached to the projects yet? If anyone is really hellbent on trying to figure it out, that's probably a good place to start. I would hope it's Hitman 5, but I doubt it. I don't know of any other upcoming Eidos games that don't have a dev with it. It was speculated that Rocksteady was going to be working on Hitman 5 though. So, who knows. Hitman is one of the coolest licenses though. :P
    www.cheatmasters.com

i hope they crash and burn on that project