Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > General Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series General Discussion & Off Topic

View Poll Results: What is the sexiest female character that you've ever seen in a film?
Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in "Batman returns" 5 20.83%
Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's 1 4.17%
Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity in "The Matrix" 2 8.33%
Halle Berry as Jinx in "James Bond: Die another day" 6 25.00%
Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider" 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2002, 05:10 AM
Protagonist

Red face The sexiest female character of all time!

I know everyone's first reaction will be that Audrey Hepburn doesn't really belong in that list, but that's just to prove to y'all that being sexy hasn't got anything in particular to do with being naked or half-naked. Audrey Hepburn has proved time after time that she can be the sexiest woman alive without exposing one inch of her body ...

I couldn't make up my mind yet and vote, but you can ... if you can.

Last edited by Godfather; 12-07-2002 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:08 AM
Protagonist

...i could've sworn you've posted another thread similar to this before...
Old 12-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Hero

Lightbulb

Kathleen Turner in "The Man with Two Brains".
"Into the mud, scum queen!!"

Either a similar thread, or a reminder that people hate to be restricted to picking from someone else's limited selection.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Gamer

Default Lol

This is such a biased place to but a thread like this, gee, i wonder if the people on the TOMB RAIDER forums are gonna pick Lara or Catwoman? Lol... But honestly, i do find Angelina insanely hot.

You shoulda put Chrlize Theron there!!! I like her
Old 12-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveJ
Either a similar thread, or a reminder that people hate to be restricted to picking from someone else's limited selection.
I just saw "Paris when it sizzles" with Audrey Hepburn and fell in love with her again; that's why I put down this thread. Let's be honest: that smile, those eyes ... I mean: WHOW!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Gamer

l-a-r-a c-r-o-f-t
Old 12-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Gamer

Nice to see you can spell now TIK

I think Halle Berry's gorgeous...from a girl's point of view
Old 12-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally posted by **angelic**
I think Halle Berry's gorgeous...from a girl's point of view
I also wanted to start a similar thread for the women, but I think it should be made by a woman and not by me. Next thing you know people are gonna think I'm gay ...: not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm just NOT.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:58 PM
zombie pirate

Indeed a quite limited slection.
Especially if you title it "of all time"

I'm gonna go with Satana in Faster Pu$$ycat Kill Kill.
or maybe Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction
or even Grace Kelly in anything she's done.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction
Maybe I should've added IMHO - of all time, but I can't believe you're serious over Uma Thurman in Pulp fiction. I mean: sexiest also implies beautiful and ... hmm ... yeah, right: Uma Thurman was really beautiful covered in blood and ***** when she overdrugged herself; resulting in an almost-death-experience.

Kind of a creepy choice in sexiest female character, but hey! If you think she's pretty, not to worry. I don't think anyone else would choose her, so she's all yours, my dear friend!
Old 12-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Hero

Lightbulb

I see.

So you want us to vote for your all time favourite in your (limited) opinion?

And to further prove that sexy doesn't mean nekkid, I'll second Deek's choice of Uma Thurman in "Pulp Fiction"... its about attitude.
Her veiled seduction of John Travolta at the Diner was sex on a stick.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:40 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
So you want us to vote for your all time favourite in your (limited) opinion? And to further prove that sexy doesn't mean nekkid, I'll second Deek's choice of Uma Thurman in "Pulp Fiction"... its about attitude. Her veiled seduction of John Travolta at the Diner was sex on a stick.
No, certainly not. I have indeed only given five names of which I think -not only me, but also other people- would agree with me on that, but I also know that there have been more than five sexy characters in the history of film.

But I cannot see why one would find Uma Thurman sexy in Pulp Fiction. Don't get me wrong: everything was great about that film, it's one of my all-time favs. And Uma Thurman did a great job. I even think she's never acted any better than in Pulp Fiction. But sexy also implies sophistication, style and grace (Kelly? ) and Uma Thurman ('s character) did not have any style whatsoever. She was a mean-looking person, so I disagree.

But again: if you think she's sexy for whatever weird reasons you find her attractive, no problemo! I was just laying out my own personal favs. Everybody's entitled of their own opinion ... I just find it weird; that all!
Old 12-08-2002, 04:56 AM
Hero

Red face

Wrong - Uma Thurman's character had 'style' by the bucket-load.

You'll just have to accept that not everyone goes for the obvious stereotypical examples that you do.

Sexiness isn't implicit via sophistication, style and grace...after all, do you find our Queen sexy?

Its an attitude, a look, a tone of voice, a move.
And Uma's character was realistically sexy, not Hollywood dream sexy.

For that reason I find it hard to see why people would think AJ as Lara would be sexy...Angelina herself is, very much so...but as Lara? Not in the slightest.

Last edited by DaveJ; 12-08-2002 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:58 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Sexiness isn't implicit via sophistication, style and grace...after all, do you find our Queen sexy?
You make it sound as if I said that all stylish-looking people are sexy.

Quote:
For that reason I find it hard to see why people would think AJ as Lara would be sexy...Angelina herself is, very much so...but as Lara? Not in the slightest.
Again, I have to disagree with you. I have found Angelina Jolie to be a pretty beautiful woman ever before the Tomb Raider-film, but I found her to be zexier than ever before as Lara Croft. Then again: I might be so obsessed with Lara Croft that anyone who starts to look like her, gets my approval.

I actually like these discussions, don't you? Comparing different opinions and such.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Hero

Red face

Well, I wouldn't call the Queen stylish particularly, come to think of it...

Each to their own... theres nothing particularly sexy about Lara in the first TR movie...in fact there's not really any character development there at all.

Maybe the second will utilise more of AJ's natural appeal.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:25 AM
Biomod
Eidos Moderator

Lightbulb

Yo, Godfather,

IMHO, you should probably re-think your poll-posting behaviour. Every time I happen to wander in this neck of the woods I see one or the other poll thread started by you which shouldn't be a poll in the first place. In most of your polls you couldn't possibly list all choices because every person will have his own opinion on the matter which makes a poll unnecessary.
Poll feature is a tool to gather statistics where numbers actually mean something (in this case they don't); it adds to the processing time of the page and therefore makes the forum slower. It shouldn't be used "just for the fun of it".

Now, that's been said..

I choose Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:38 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally posted by Xcom
Yo, Godfather,

IMHO, you should probably re-think your poll-posting behaviour. Every time I happen to wander in this neck of the woods I see one or the other poll thread started by you which shouldn't be a poll in the first place. In most of your polls you couldn't possibly list all choices because every person will have his own opinion on the matter which makes a poll unnecessary.
Poll feature is a tool to gather statistics where numbers actually mean something (in this case they don't); it adds to the processing time of the page and therefore makes the forum slower. It shouldn't be used "just for the fun of it".

Now, that's been said..

I choose Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment.
Nice of you to join in and ... you're right. X-cuse me, X-com.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:33 AM
zombie pirate

Quote:
So you want us to vote for your all time favourite in your (limited) opinion?
Quote:
Originally posted by Godfather
No, certainly not.
Quote:
Originally posted by Godfather
I was just laying out my own personal favs.
Yes, Certainly!

[continues to walk away shaking head...]
Old 12-09-2002, 06:01 AM
Ex-Admin

Question

Deekman, you actually read this?
Old 12-09-2002, 10:12 AM
zombie pirate

It was an accident, I swear.
I just wanted to see who would be on what I knew to be somebody
else's short sighted list, and the next thing you know...

[hangs head in shame and walks away...again...]
Old 12-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Protagonist

For the umpteenth time, I know that my list is pretty limited, but it's the fault of the moderators of this Tomb Raider-forum internet site, because I've only had the option of giving you five names. More than five is just impossible otherwise I would've given you 20 or 30 names.

Anyway, instead of repeating the things that I'm very much aware of, why not take a look at the contents of my poll-list and (dis)agree with me on that?! I mean: do you like the names that I've added or are there characters/actresses that you don't like or you don't think they belong in that particular list?

I found me another great example!!

How about Patricia Velasquez in "The Mummy Returns"? She's both beautiful and very zexy.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:58 AM
Hero

Lightbulb

The problem with a subject matter like this is that a poll can't do it justice.
If this forum has 500 members, you are potentially looking at 500 different answers.
And you are immediately setting people up to disagree with you by giving them 5 bland choices like you did.

The poll set-up has little or nothing to do with the mods here, its more a forum software issue.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:37 AM
zombie pirate

I think the polls can be set up to accomodate more selections,
but is set at five by administrative choice.

This thread should never been a poll. At least to start with.
It should have had nominations by members, then calculated to the
top five responses.
Then a poll called: The sexiest female of all time as voted by the TR forum community.
But then, that would require work and thought.

And in this forum, you pretty much already know who would win.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Protagonist

Heather Graham in "Austin Powers: The spy who shagged me": she was also very beautiful in an almost devine way.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Lady in Black

Quote:
... theres nothing particularly sexy about Lara in the first TR movie... Maybe the second will utilise more of AJ's natural appeal.
Not to everyone, some people (even ones who didn't know Lara) find her sexy. But, like someone said I don't know exactly who it's based on people's opinions.
I thought the shower part would be quite sexy for men, at least I thought.
Like you said, it seems as the second movie will show more sexiness in Angelina and Lara.