Thread: Commandos 2 - Graphic Glitch (1920x1080) Smearing Graphics

Default Commandos 2 - Graphic Glitch (1920x1080) Smearing Graphics

Not much information about this. Any help is appreciated.

I'm running an i7 system, with a 32" LCD, 1080p.
    I have both Windows 7 x64 and XP x32. Same thing happens on both OS'es. With either the Inernational Patch installed or not. I also did the Widescreen trick to change the resolution in Commandos to 1080p.

800x600 and 1024x768 works fine, only 1920x1080 smears.

Now the thing is while in running the game (in full screen), THERE IS NO SMEARING/GRAPHIC GLITCH when I press F4, F5, F6, F7 etc, to have multiple windows on the screen. IT ONLY HAPPENS when I have a single window open. IF you don't know what I mean by "windows", it's when the screen is sectioned in multiple smaller screens, so you can view different areas of the battlefield

So why does it happen when I have the big screen open, and is fine when I have smaller windows open.

HELP THIS IS BOTHERING ME FOR A WHILE. I can't play Commandos 2 at my native resolution 1080p, with only 1 screen. I tried lots of things.

Screenshot below, of the smear with 1 window open and with multiple windows open.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see it happens in F2, and F3( only if horizantal halved), F4 and the rest are fine.
    It happens when you move the screen.

well, as the fullhd resolution does have a vertical aspect of 1080, which is pretty close to the maximum (factory) resolution of 1280x1024, and as it can be seen on your 2nd picture, subwindows don't exceed this size, that's why it's working. the others do, either vertical or horizontal.
    this game was released in 2001, and the developments were started back in 1999, and it was common back then that pc gamers have monitors with 640x480 and 800x600, 1024x768 was something extra, however they included the 1280x1024 option as well, but 1920x1080 could have been very futuristic then...

Quote Originally Posted by commandos View Post
    I also did the Widescreen trick to change the resolution in Commandos to 1080p.
    Have you followed the steps outlined in the link below?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...ic.php?t=16028

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Have you followed the steps outlined in the link below?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...ic.php?t=16028
    Followed every step carefully, tried it 30-40 times, with different OS'es, and what not. I'm pretty sure 1080p works, else the author there wouldn't have put that resolution up there. IIRC he told me he was running 1080p aswell, not sure about this, so take it with a grain of salt.

If you have any solutions or experience with this, please reply in this thread.

Moaaaaaar feedback please.

I already tried it with a NVIDIA GTX 295, GTX 275, GTX 480, and a 8400GS. IIRC also with an ATI 4890.
    Also tried in XP 32, and Windows 7 x64.
    Next step would be windows 98, but I'm not sure it would recognize my hardware, i7, ssd, RAM etc. Also maybe a much older video card, but has to be PCI or PCI-EXPRESS, no AGP.
    Last edited by commandos; 05-25-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Nobody has encountered this issue at 1080p? Cmon guys. Is there any Eidos rep around here, that has experience with the Commandos engine?

Bump

shorter, F4 - convenient for me. I play ...)