Thread: Commandos 3 Grpahic Problem

Default Commandos 3 Grpahic Problem

Hi,

I bought the game last week and played it the last few days. From the beginning I experienced some bugs in the main menu (see screenshot).

These "smearing" graphics were only in the main menu, so I thought to ignore it for the game worked fine. Until i reached the mission on the moving train: The whole screen is smeared there and i cant play any further because i dont see the landscape anymore (see second screenshot)

I searched for this problem and didnt find any solution, maybe someone in this forum can help me.

For Info:
    GraphicCard: ATI Radeon HD 4850
    CPU: IntelCore2Duo 6600
    I have installed the latest patch and my drivers are up to date

regards,
    NightmareAngel

No one having any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareAngel View Post
    No one having any ideas?
    Sorry no, not really.

The only time I have seen that is when there is something wrong with my graphics card, but you say that the game works mostly fine, so I doubt it's that.

I always say this, put you've tried reinstalling it, to see if it makes a difference (and if you do, save your saved games on another folder so that they won't go missing).

Hi Nzap,

Sadly reinstalling didnt change anything... =(

I don't believe my grahics card to be problem either. i play newer games (Dawn of War 2) and there aren't any issues.

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the other levels and the train level (programm wise)? As far as I know Commandos 3 doesnt use any 3D-Graphics on outside landscapes, does it? I tested the train level a bit and the graphics are fine inside the train. u can even see the movements in the windows. On outside levels the game uses static "background pictures" and i wonder how the background is made moveable in this level?

One more thing i didnt mention before, the mission briefings are also screwed up...

I mean that's really weird, and I have never seen anything like that.

I know it must suck not to be able to play that level, but my advice for you would be to skip the level with cheats and play the next Central European missions.
    The train mission is nothing special and I found it actually quite boring although it had some uniqueness as it is on a moving train.

I have to warn you that if you cheat you will miss the video when completing the game, so it is your call.
    (OT) I sucked when I began playing this game and surrendered immediately at the "Stop bomb deployment" and used cheats, and I regretted afterwards as I heard that there was a video in the end.
    (Further OT) to clarify I don't suck anymore and actually the missions in C3 are too easy IMO.(Whoa, really off topic here .)

Default same prob

Hey,

I have just bought the game from Steam and have exactly the same problem. My title screen is blurred when i move the mouse and my briefings are all screwed up. Im running windows 7, 512 graphics, core duo, nothing more than average. Kinda pissed at it all really. Ive emailed steam and they say bad luck, and ive emailed Eidos for no reply...

Quote Originally Posted by gmpow1 View Post
    Hey,

I have just bought the game from Steam and have exactly the same problem. My title screen is blurred when i move the mouse and my briefings are all screwed up. Im running windows 7, 512 graphics, core duo, nothing more than average. Kinda pissed at it all really. Ive emailed steam and they say bad luck, and ive emailed Eidos for no reply...
    Have you guys tried to play in xp-compatibility mode?
    Or does Windows 7 even have it.

Cause I have a similar system as you guys have, and have no problems at all.
    And I use Xp.