Thread: Parachute won't deploy

Default Parachute won't deploy

After completing a faction mission for the Reapers, my game froze. I was able to back out to the 360 dashboard, but once I reloaded, my parachute won't deploy at all. I know my A button works, bc Rico will still jump, but when he has the grapple or is falling, I get nothing. It's not even an option when I'm driving a vehicle. Has anyone else had this prob and know of a fix? The game SUCKS without the parachute, and I'm not restarting the game....
    Last edited by Wadka; 04-11-2010 at 10:58 AM.

I heard about this problem before. What mission was it? I need to know so I can try to avoid it in the future. You should probably save before each mission to avoid problems like this. That's what I do.

The actual mission was the one where you have to broadcast a message for the Reapers.

Default Parachute Problem

I have the same problem, but, for the very first mission, which starts off with a base jump

so i cannot get to open that bloody parachute and i just crash before even getting to save the game.
    My keyboard seems all fine but that parachute command seems to be unactivated...

Gidday.

You don't have a parachute to start. You have to jump onto the dead body of the guy that fell from the chopper before you, this leads to a cutscene after which you should have your chute.

If the chute will not deploy after that, then check something else isn't mapped to the spacebar.

Cheers.

Nope, i checked the dead dude to get my pda, but after the cutscene there's no parachute avalaible,
    and i triple checked the keyboard maapping, reassigned the key for the parachute, and it won't deploy...

Ive got a PS3 exact same problem! (after the raider satellite mission). Why don't Eidos send out a update to fix this and other bugs they have in this game???? nearly alot of other game companys do!

The game is unplayable with out the parachute. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!

Gibbed released a tool for PC users...
    http://mod.gib.me/justcause2/tools/FixParachute.zip

try this and tell me if it fixes it or not

Hi ocnfox,
    i came across that fix before but it patches .sav files.
    But i am playing the intro of the game, so it doesn't seem like JC2 created any save file yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ocnfox View Post

tried but didn't work

nope, definitely doesn't work...

The game should be writing an autosave straight away when you start a new game, thats why you are able to start falling from the sky again when the chute doesn't open. Either start a new game from the main menu or you can try using "set default" options for controls.
    Eidos Support
    Contact Support Directly:
    Square Enix Support Europe
    Square Enix Support North America

Quote Originally Posted by Wadka View Post
    The actual mission was the one where you have to broadcast a message for the Reapers.
    Exactly the same thing has happened to me. PS3.
    The game is now rendered useless.

How to fix on PS3??

The best solution - just buy a pc and all of your problems will be gone!

Thumbs up

The criticism of the 1 million Buy WOW Gold campaign was widespread. There was a time magazine article on the controversy that prominently featured the couple's campaign website has been criticized. (A kind of commercial advertising is
    to WOW Power Leveling publicity view, but I'm sure not what iwearyourshirt had in mind.) The blogosphere was living with snark. Aid workers closely following the campaign and expressed their disapproval. "As an African, I ask the 1 million Aion Gold campaign dies a slow death," wrote blogger Final Fantasy gil on the blog Tales From the Hood. "We do not need any other industry-breaking initiative unsuspecting WOW Gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Eidos Support View Post
    The game should be writing an autosave straight away when you start a new game, thats why you are able to start falling from the sky again when the chute doesn't open. Either start a new game from the main menu or you can try using "set default" options for controls.
    As I've said before on other threads regarding this 'parachute' glitch, this issue is universal across all formats - it's clearly a bug in the game code. This happened to me (360 version) on nigh-on 80 hours game play and 75% through the game - naturally, I'm not inclined to start a 'new game' just to avoid a glitch that shouldn't even be there

You guys need to patch this mess - starting a new game simply isn''t acceptable.

Default Any fix?

Seriously, Eidos? Any fix for this?

I happened to have the same bug, on PC version bought through Steam, right after the Reaper mission where you're dropped from a chopper to broadcast a message to the nation of Panau.

Completed the mission and from that point, no parachute. I think I was using the Chaos parachute DLC before the mission... might be part of the problem?

I'm trying to help you find out, guys, I'm a developer so I know how it is to debug without much info. If you want me to send you my savegame or anything, just ask.

The problem is known by Edios, and is apparently caused by a corrupt save file. Try other save files. I always save to a new file every so often to stop this happening.

i just bought this game from a nearby shop, n im still stuck in the first mission, i mean i cant deploy ma parachute after getting pda from that dead guy :/
    (PC user)

I had this problem on my profile and I managed to fix it. (On PS3) This glitch occurs when you complete the "Pirate Broadcast" mission for the Reapers. When you jump of the building the satellite dish blows up behind you and you have just lost your ability to deploy your parachute. Now, I was too stubborn to quit my profile because I liked the game so much I kept on playing without my parachute. Unfortunately, the game became more difficult and boring without it and I was almost about to quit for good. Now, I found a mission that "cures" you of this parachute glitch. That mission is "Stranded" mission for the Ular boys. I believe that it was a stronghold take-over and I was cured of this awful glitch which shouldn't occur in the first place. Unfortunately, I do not know if this works for Xbox 360 or PC. You could try the same thing but I will not guarantee it. I ONLY KNOW THIS WORKS ON THE PS3!!! Also, if you have completed the "Stranded" mission before the "Pirate Broadcast" then you might as well start over. (Or be stubborn like me!) I hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnfox View Post

THIS DOES WORK! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Youre a life saver!
    Really! I died so many times forgetting my parachute didnt exist!

Default yh thanks so much man you are awesome this does work for xbox360 im so happy

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediakol View Post
    I had this problem on my profile and I managed to fix it. (On PS3) This glitch occurs when you complete the "Pirate Broadcast" mission for the Reapers. When you jump of the building the satellite dish blows up behind you and you have just lost your ability to deploy your parachute. Now, I was too stubborn to quit my profile because I liked the game so much I kept on playing without my parachute. Unfortunately, the game became more difficult and boring without it and I was almost about to quit for good. Now, I found a mission that "cures" you of this parachute glitch. That mission is "Stranded" mission for the Ular boys. I believe that it was a stronghold take-over and I was cured of this awful glitch which shouldn't occur in the first place. Unfortunately, I do not know if this works for Xbox 360 or PC. You could try the same thing but I will not guarantee it. I ONLY KNOW THIS WORKS ON THE PS3!!! Also, if you have completed the "Stranded" mission before the "Pirate Broadcast" then you might as well start over. (Or be stubborn like me!) I hope this helped.