Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Just Cause 2 > Just Cause 2 General Discussion

Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
New Player

Default How to destroy the offshore rig?

There is a faction mission called "Black Gold",destroy the offshore rig.
You start from land with a jetfighter and give the rig hell with rockets.
An injurybar shows up on ur screen how much damage u gave the rig already...but I can't get more damage then 39%.
How many rockets I keep shooting at it from any angle, it won't get further then 39%.
I thought maybe I have to engage on foot so I did and made it to 58% (by collecting boxes).
But the injurybar still isn't filled up, although I fired tons of bullets with the helicopter u can nick from the rig.
Is this a bug or do I miss something (like a controlepanel with code or something?)
Or do I have to aim at some point to sink the rig?
Thx for tips
Old 04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
New Player

It doesnt "sink" but it sounds like you're missing the 10~15 idk how many... fuel tanks that are mounted on the lower half of the rigs.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Gamer

Did you blow up the fuel tanks under the rig. On everyside under the rig there should be 1 or 2 fuel tanks also at the bottom a couple of boxes, try that, hope this can help.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whruppl967 View Post
It doesnt "sink" but it sounds like you're missing the 10~15 idk how many... fuel tanks that are mounted on the lower half of the rigs.
true....theres many fuel tanks right under the platform....fly near the water as you close in then lift the nose a little and fire away to hit the bottom of the main platform....you dont need to fill the bar completely....85% damage will pass the mission.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
New Player

@ MajorBones
I have the same problem. NO matter how much i blast the rig I cant get over 68%. I have collected all the crates and blown up all the oil tanks on the bottom, the sam site, everything I can find ive either collected or blown holes in. I have reloaded and replayed this mission at least 6 times and each time its the same thing. The woman comes on and says half is gone now get rid of the rest or something like that. I hope someone knows whats going on with this..
Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Gamer

Even all the Generators? I think there's 2 on each rig.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Gamer

the problem is the rig doesn't reset so once you've destroyed stuff you may not be able to get to the required 77% destruction for mission complete.

Even restarting at checkpoint doesn't help because your previous destruction stays. Same goes for earlier destruction in the game during free roaming.

The only way really to complete Black Gold is to start and complete the mission in one life starting with no previous destruction.

If you can make sure you have a save game just before starting this mission.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
New Player

Yeah mine is stuck on 85% and everything is done and every tank is blown...i have fine combed the rig but i think becasue of the nature of the mission black gold it has tendency to mess up the completion system
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Gamer

3 on each rig.
I also have a problem with this, it's stuck on 97%
Yes I've got all boxes, yes I've destroyed all the fuel Depots, I've done literally everything.
How do I know I've done everything?
Because I've been everywhere on the rig, and blow up everything.
It's the exact same layout as every other freaking oil rig, but this one won't complete.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikablam View Post
3 on each rig.
I also have a problem with this, it's stuck on 97%
Yes I've got all boxes, yes I've destroyed all the fuel Depots, I've done literally everything.
How do I know I've done everything?
Because I've been everywhere on the rig, and blow up everything.
It's the exact same layout as every other freaking oil rig, but this one won't complete.
Its defnitley a glitch caused by the mission... what happen me was when i flew to it on the mission i shot the main drilling tower but crashed. The next time the progress bar reseted but the tower didnt so i think the game thinks that the tower is still there
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Gamer

Just use your fully upgraded fight helicopter instead of a jager.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Gamer

same problem here, ive gone around on foot, and blown all generators, fuel tanks, cranes, structures, nothing works... three fuel tanks appear broken, but are not on fire... i havent blown them up... HELP! MIKE, fix this please
Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
New Player

Indeed I blew everything to pieces and I managed to complete the other rig close to the black gold one to 100% so it's defenitely some glitch in the game.
U also still see the tower and the crane when flying at a distance, when coming closer they vanish again.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Gamer

The smoke from destroyed fuel tanks can cover undestroyed ones...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Gamer

strange that some people say they don't get mission complete even over 80%. When I had the problem of dying and restarting checkpoint I luckily had a save just before at a stronghold so I restarted fresh. I definitely got the mission complete at around 77% rig destroyed.

Just be sure you're not confusing the normal "completion" which includes the pickups. That is separate from the rig destruction % -the bar shows progress but I think the % only shows up when you blow something up. The box pickups like upgrades etc. don't count towards rig destruction, just area completion.

The mission glitch is definitely there regarding the rig not resetting though either due to previous destruction or dying during the mission.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
New Player

Sounds like MCM needs to take his God like presence and kill the bugs in this mission. Sadly I do not have a save before a took this mission. At least I have the knowledge that I'm not the only gamer having this problem.
@ MajorBones I have the same exact thing happen, when approaching the rig the tower and crane are there, but when the woman says to blow it up the screen glitches and poof they are gone...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Gamer

Guys, this is a bug.

It happened to me and after some time it got fixed after I restarted the mission.

This game has a LOT of bugs that are pissing me off.