Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Just Cause 2 > Just Cause 2 General Discussion

Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmC12 View Post
Maybe it's unlocked by doing something. How about the weapon parts that can be found, they let you upgrade your weapon in the Black Market don't they? And i beleive you have to buy the gun in-game from the Black Market? So weapon parts might unlock the GL launcher! (it all makes sense....to me anyway)

I'm sure the weapon parts have some effect on the gun because the devs are good and they wouldn't include a gun in DLC that can't be used for things in-game that normal guns can be used for, e.g. weapon parts.
DUDE dlc stuff is at 6stars from the start - fully upgraded
Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Gamer

Some of these comments make me want to facepalm my face off lol
It's clearly a grenade launcher. Without a doubt. So the question isn't "what is it" or "how to use it" it's, why did they add that to the guns design and not give us the option to use it? I'm thinking it's just a major oversight by the dev's personally. They designed it to look cool and for some reason never thought as far as to think that people would be looking to use it.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero88 View Post
Some of these comments make me want to facepalm my face off lol
It's clearly a grenade launcher. Without a doubt. So the question isn't "what is it" or "how to use it" it's, why did they add that to the guns design and not give us the option to use it? I'm thinking it's just a major oversight by the dev's personally. They designed it to look cool and for some reason never thought as far as to think that people would be looking to use it.
the first game had the same gun and that DID NOT have a grenade launcher either
Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Protagonist

Then why would they add a section that clearly shows a grenade launcher and a seperate M203 (or whatever it is from COD) that fits perfectly in the GL section? (as my picture clearly shows.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/246/ricogun1.jpg

I don't think the devs are that stupid, i think they did it intentionally because some how, some way it can be used and if not then it's the most stupid gun design ever created. Seriously if they just wanted to make a normal gun for DLC they could have done alot better than add a 'fake' GL.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmC12 View Post
Then why would they add a section that clearly shows a grenade launcher and a seperate M203 (or whatever it is from COD) that fits perfectly in the GL section? (as my picture clearly shows.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/246/ricogun1.jpg

I don't think the devs are that stupid, i think they did it intentionally because some how, some way it can be used and if not then it's the most stupid gun design ever created. Seriously if they just wanted to make a normal gun for DLC they could have done alot better than add a 'fake' GL.
I agree with everything you said other than the "fire mode" switch...

To me that is clearly a safety. The red dot is showing, which means it is in "fire" mode, hence the "F".
Old 03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
New Player

Alright... Several things to set everything straight.
The switch near the "grenade barrel" IS a safety. However, it is not the safety for the revolver.

That is where a standard revolver safety is located.

There are several things on the Signature Gun that could be the standard revolver safety.

1. Looks to be the chamber release lever
2. Safety on/off indicator. Red always means "danger" on a gun, meaning ready to fire.
3. Likely to be the revolver safety. The arrow below it is showing how it would likely move. The little dot on it is the axis of rotation.
4. The supposed grenade launcher safety.

You can see in the image the two bullets, the 9mm and the 30mm.
The 30mm is infact a grenade round. Notice the red ring on the round itself.
Pictured below is something very similar, a 40mm grenade round. 30mm grenade rounds are not common, as they are only used in custom weapons, like this revolver, and by the Russians in their automatic tripod mounted grenade launcher.

The left looks very similar to the round pictured with the Signature Gun.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Protagonist

^Exactly.

When the grenade safety is off the revolver safety automatically goes on or something. But that IS CLEARLY a grenade launcher attachment, whether it can be used or not still remains to be discovered, but that IS a grenade launcher/revolver.

Also there's no way that the 30mm can be a bullet because of it's smooth rounded point that normal bullets don't have (because a GL doesn't penetrate and kill someone, it explodes!)
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeveN- View Post
You are 100% incorrect. Look at the size of the barrel. That 30mm round is not going to fit in that barrel (the top barrel), much less the revolver portion of the weapon.

Exaaaactly.
If you look at an airsoft gun it says on the side somewhere in tiny letters what type of bullets it shoots. That 30MM text probly means the same thing.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_guy View Post
the first game had the same gun and that DID NOT have a grenade launcher either
It wasn't the same gun though. It was reworked for JC2.

And why are people arguing? 30mm IS a grenade round. That isn't opinion. Think about it.
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=30mm+grenade+launcher
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero88 View Post
It wasn't the same gun though. It was reworked for JC2.
It had the grenade launcher bit though, and it didn't fire grenades so this gun could be the same
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_guy View Post
It had the grenade launcher bit though, and it didn't fire grenades so this gun could be the same
You sure? I don't think it did. I remember it being a big revolver but don't remember it having a second barrell. I'll have to check that out, out of curiosity.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Gamer

This makes me giggle.. It is clearely a 30MM round holder, wether it is useable or not, that should be up to the devs to tell us, no need to fight back and forth about it!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
New Player

Default here you go folks!!

Find the grenade launcher ammo, then use special aim see what happens!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Gamer

just wana say that this thread is awesome! people are busting out diagrams and everything!

:keir:
Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
New Player

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=104462 read that post guys he explained how he manged to use the nade launcher if your wondering where u can find the ammo right after you finish the tutorial first area of the demo you jump down into a village.. there is a big tower grapple up and there is a grenade launcher box thats wer u can get ammo
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
New Player

Swifty, that is only for the demo. The full game starts you somewhere else.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=104462 read that post guys he explained how he manged to use the nade launcher if your wondering where u can find the ammo right after you finish the tutorial first area of the demo you jump down into a village.. there is a big tower grapple up and there is a grenade launcher box thats wer u can get ammo
I tried.. the only option I had was to pick up the grenade launcher itself (which I did). It never gave me any ammo to use for the Rico's Sig gun...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
New Player

He's trolling.
Anyway, there is indisputably an under barrel grenade launcher attached to the gun, however it seems most likely the devs chose not to/forgot to make it usable or accidentally messed something up. I still haven't seen a post from any devs or anything regarding this, so for right now it's kind of disappointing.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Gamer

Why cant a dev just help us out.. omg..
Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Gamer

the gun is automatically at 6 stars when you get it..
Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Gamer

Yeah..