Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Exclamation Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

the game show this error and not start .. someone could help me with this

You don't have enough space left on your harddrive. Uninstall some games/programs and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by zefhit View Post
    "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

the game show this error and not start .. someone could help me with this
    You'll have to free up som RAM, by closing some running programs.. It happened to me once too, and i closed some apps, and then it worked again

Oooh, I misread it. Yeah, mixterz is right.

Ctrl+Atl+Del. Open the Processes Tab. Close down your web browser, side bar (if you're on Vista), any instant messengers.

Just useless programs.

Question Just cause 2 demo bug in start up.

Hey Guys I got the same problem as Zefhit but I've got like 78 gigs free so I think its a bug I really wanna play the demo I got off steam Any steam Any ideas?

Same problem here but I meet the 2GB requirement. WTF

Default Yeah!

I know right! Can anyone help us?

omg.. that 78 gigs is your harddrive.. i have already wrote in this thread how to fix it!!
    steam: mixters

Quote Originally Posted by 1qwkdsm View Post
    Same problem here but I meet the 2GB requirement. WTF
    Having 2Gb in total doesn't help if you have loads of programs presently running and using most of this up. Stopping programs, utilities etc that you do not need whilst running the game will free up RAM as will doing a selective startup (see instructions below) in MSconfig or by going through Task Manager manually.

If you have a spare (fast) USB memory stick you can try plugging it in and using it as ReadyBoost, it can help in some situations to give you more performance however this does not get counted towards your systems total RAM.

References:

WikiHow : Using Readyboost on Vista (same on Windows 7) - http://www.wikihow.com/Use-ReadyBoost-in-Windows-Vista

Selective Startup:

Use the System Configuration Utility to perform a clean boot:

1) Hold down the [Start] key and the [R] key to bring up the Run dialogue box.
    2) Type MSCONFIG
    3) Click OK

This will load the System Configuration Utility.

4) On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the following check box:

Load Startup Items

5) Click Apply.
    6) Click Close. Then Reboot your PC as prompted.

This will stop most of the extra software loading when windows boots. In order to restore your PC to a normal boot follow the steps above again and on the General tab choose Normal Startup, Apply and ok.
    Eidos Support
    Contact Support Directly:
    Square Enix Support Europe
    Square Enix Support North America

I have 4GB of RAM total. 1.5GB used, so it makes 2.5GB free - no luck. Unloaded most of applications and got 1.2GB of used RAM (by the way only one steam itself eats 150MB of RAM) and still game wont start. Is 2.8GB of free RAM is not enough for game with 2GB of RAM in system requirements? What should I do to be able to run this game? Upgrade to 8GB RAM (dunno if I'll be able to run it anyway)?
    P.S. By the way, under normal conditions Vista or W7 eats up to 1GB of RAM without any applications running, so with 2GB of RAM in system requirements it makes 1GB free to be able to run the game, but.... its not.
    Last edited by Dvvarf; 03-24-2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typo

Could someone with this issue please post a dxdiag?
    Eidos Support

I know you have to free up RAM so I closed all my windows and it still didn't work! I've got tonnes of RAM and extra room on my hard drive. And Gaara Its probably just me but could you post some text with that screenshot coz' I don't get it.

-W1n5t0n114

Exclamation Aaaaaaaaagggggghhhh!!!!!

I'm getting so pissed! I tryed closing all the windows and I mean ALL the windows again. I even closed steam! I made a shortcut then tried and it came up with the same bloody error message!!

Readyboost is only useful for computers running Vista (7?) with less than 1gb ram. If you read the reviews for it, it's basically 100% useless for a newer pc.

A lot of the problem here may be another service called Superfetch. It's an aggressive pre-fetching service that in theory is great, but in reality, especially for gamers, it's a terrible, terrible thing.

Superfetch is constantly (read: all the time!) swapping stuff in and out of memory based on your past usage of programs. The reason it does this is so that when you go to load, say, Photoshop, it'll load quicker because it's already loaded in the memory. But there's a problem.

Let's say you're playing a game, and it's got something loaded in memory. Then you go to a totally different area of the game or something, and what was just loaded in memory is currently not needed. Well, guess what? Superfetch sees that that current block of memory is not being used at the moment, so it says, "well now, those textures/whatever aren't being used right now, so i'll just swap that out for something else". Then you go back to that spot and your game crashes because superfetch swapped out the data your game needed to keep running.

Ever look at Task Manager and see that you only have like 20 MB of memory available? It's because Superfetch has filled it all up caching programs it thinks you're gonna use. This MAY be why some are getting this message, as Superfetch has used up all your memory. Granted, Superfetch is SUPPOSED TO release any memory you may need when you need it, but I don't think it does it right. Most people who write tweakguides for Vista (and 7 I assume) all agree that it's a broken feature, useless for anyone who uses memory intensive programs.

To disable Superfetch, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, then scroll down till you find it. Right click it, disable it, apply, then, make sure it highlighted and click "stop" in the top left corner of the services window. If you're worried about disabling this feature, just google "superfetch and gaming" or "disabling superfetch" to ease your worries.

ReadyBoost has helped with performance in the game as the main focus the game seems to take is for GPU and memory. It's not a huge difference but it may have helped some people.

@gaara5 : Why did you block out the operating system you have?

Perhaps I should have been clearer, apologies. A screenshot of the first page of dxdiag isn't going to help. Click on the "Save All Information" button, upload the file to your favorite file hoster and post the link to it here so we can check your PC out.
    Eidos Support

Default If Worst Comes to worst...

I may have to download another demo of this site (sorry if link doesn't work you can just copy and paste it) because I really wanna play. This demo looks promising.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/...-cause-2-demo/

-W1n5t0n

Quote Originally Posted by Eidos Support View Post
    @gaara5 : Why did you block out the operating system you have?
    Because it is going to bother you and I am pretty sure it is not the problem.

Now this is all the info you need, or do you think the soundcard is the problem (Creative X-Fi).

I play the demo without problems, but with the full game i also have this problem.I try Readyboost, and disable superfetch but that didn't solve the problem. Here is all of the information http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=bc3bdb59d6

No solution ?

we need a real DXdiag file not a screenshot. seriously people what is with you guys? Even a WoW noob knows what a proper Dxdiag file is.

Quote Originally Posted by deather View Post
    I play the demo without problems, but with the full game i also have this problem.I try Readyboost, and disable superfetch but that didn't solve the problem. Here is all of the information http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=bc3bdb59d6
    THIS IS DXDIAG!!!Just enter the numbers which you see on the image and download the dxdiag.txt file

PLIZZZZ , There is no solutions for the MSG " not enough space to complete ..." ??? !!!!

I got passed it by starting another game that I know to work (this cut my processes in half), closed out of that, then just ran Just Cause 2

i do that but d'ont work too!!! can you explain more plz??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast