Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Twilight Princess....Again....In one sitting.
    Doubt it'll happen.
    I started about eight this morning and just got to Temple of Time D8

Prince of Persia forgotten sands psp
    Dragon age
    Dark messiah
    Heroes 5

Jade Empire, StarCraft II (I finally budged to the goddamn DRM; surpasses the original, flawless RTS) and Baldur's Gate.
    "The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."

Splatterhouse!!! Freak'n AWSOME!!!!!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Red Dead Redemption.

BEST. FREAKIN. GAME. EVER.

Maybe even better than Arkham Asylum....
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mad_Batter View Post
    Red Dead Redemption.

BEST. FREAKIN. GAME. EVER.

Maybe even better than Arkham Asylum....
    YOU DARE!!!!!!

OK, I TAKE IT BACK! I TAKE IT BACK!

but it is an amazing game though. I just like messing around robbing trains and tying women to train tracks just like we do in Wisconsin....just kidding.
    I wonder where Batman keeps his Batarangs. Probable not in his utility belt. They might cut off something important.

No one else is playing GT5???? What's this place coming too???
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    No one else is playing GT5???? What's this place coming too???
    I am *strongly* considering getting this, though I'm a little nervous about 2 things. 1) I've read that this game isn't really a whole lot of fun without a racing wheel (which are somewhat pricey) and 2), you need a place to "mount" said steering wheel (aka it wont really work to have it sit on my lap).

How do you play GT5, and what are your impressions of the game? I read online this morning that they are going to patch the damage issues people are whining about in early December which is selling me even more on the purchase.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I am *strongly* considering getting this, though I'm a little nervous about 2 things. 1) I've read that this game isn't really a whole lot of fun without a racing wheel (which are somewhat pricey) and 2), you need a place to "mount" said steering wheel (aka it wont really work to have it sit on my lap).
    I'm in the same boat. I've played all of the GT games with the hand controller. I have heard some talk about it not being possible to get golds in some of the license tests if you don't have a wheel. I've only done the first 2 licenses so far, 20 in all and I'm only missing 3 golds. I'm finding most of them are pretty easy, it's just those three that I can't get past silver.

what are your impressions of the game?
    It's everything I expected, the same competent fun to play game it's always been, just improved. I'm having a blast and I think about playing it all the time! It might not be for everyone but if you want the GT experience, GT5 is the only way to go! I LOVE IT!
    (It's really fun even without damage too)
    signature image

What's wrong with violence? Anyways, finished Jade Empire. MORE MINECRAFT TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by xzx View Post
    I've been oft the violence games! arg! I've just been playing half a decade old car racing games that seem o.k.,... 'Juiced', 'SRS racing syndicate', etc. but I'm beginning to realize, THERE'S NO fre@kin' PLOT!!
    Man I remember SRS Racing Syndicate. Fun game! I loved the ability to customize your cars before Need For Speed really took it to the extreme. I haven't played either of them so I'm curious, how does Forza Motorsport 3 compare to GT5? (Yes, I realize that one is for 360 and the other for PS3...do NOT start a console war...)

I've heard that GT5 is more realistic with the physics of the cars and the handling, but Forza allows almost unlimited customization of the cars that can be driven.

It's looking like I'm going to end up splurging for a racing wheel to use with GT5, as that game just makes me drool every time I watch a gameplay video, but I was curious about second opinions with other games.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Splatterhouse!!! Freak'n AWSOME!!!!!
    Same here. It was purchased it today actually.
    Last edited by NightRain; 12-03-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xzx View Post
    The cartoon physics suffer in newer games, you don't get a head trip like it's a bugs bunny freak out. The newer games swamp them, yeah but the physics are more real and it's more into reality which bugs it down because there's a limit to even new consoles that make it still seem silly but the older will be less playing time because you get bred quicker.

PS-3 & Xbox 360 still don't revolutionize game play. I hate to say you'd be wasting money buying them because PS-4 and Xbox720 are right around the corner. Remember that a dual or quad core computer is just 2-3 GHZ Pentium per base core and is still what is.

Grand Turismo 5 is TOTAL realism!

I looked at steering wheels and the best is a wireless controller or a small hand wheel or if you wanna go all out for a 'Ferrari Thrustmaster'.
    Yea I know what you mean about the older games not having enough to really hold interest. I had that issue with Need for Speed Underground 2. It was cool for about 2-3 weeks and I played the hell out of it, then all of a sudden, never played it again. I've always enjoyed racing games, but I've never actually had the joy of playing one that it as real as Gran Turismo 5. I bought it last night (still in the wrapping) and plan to play it as soon as I get home from work tonight! I did play Gran Turismo 4 when it was out all those years ago, but after it lost its "new" feeling, I obviously moved on to other things.

As for steering wheels, I think I'm gonna spring for the Logitech Driving Force GT; it looks too cool not to have one, and most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty favorable at how awesome it is (plus it works on PS3/PS2 AND my PC). The only thing I now need to figure out is how to mount it since I don't have the interest or energy to spend ungodly amounts of money on a chair that will allow me to mount it.

I would like a wheel...but then I'd want a good permanent place to put it....and then I'd feel I would need a racing seat and 3 TV screens and...
    You get the picture!
    I'd really like one of these fully loaded-
    http://us.visionracer.com/home.html
    But at $1295.00 without the TV, wheel and console it's pretty steep! I could build my ow I guess, being I'm pretty handy at building these but then I'm back to the problem of where would I put it!!!
    signature image

TR:U also Im playing SH origins on psp

Thumbs up

I'm currently playing the remake of NBA Jam for ps3. Boom shakalaka!!!

I was in the mood to replay MGS4 so that's what I'm doing. Difficulty setting will be on Big Boss. Why ? I'm a glutton for punishment ? Probably.

This will be my Second venture. The first was two years ago on Normal.

It's still a purty game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA ~ By the way, Splatterhouse was a short game than I had anticipated and it was fun for me.
    Last edited by NightRain; 12-20-2010 at 07:24 PM.

I'm playing some custom levels for Portal. God I can't wait for the next one to come out!!! *Fanboy sigh*
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I hadn't played it in a while, but when Skyrim got announced, I was like; 'You know what? I think I'll start playing Oblivion again!'

It's still as beautifull as I could remember

Mafia II is alright, but it is too much of a movie to be a great game. It's also pretty linear. They make this huge city and just make you leisurely drive around it over and over. Next I'm gonna play New Vegas for the first time (finally!) and a bunch of NOW IN BETA Minecraft. Yay!

Still deep into GT5, no sign of getting tired of it either
    signature image

I finally finished Dante's Inferno....

I got ilomilo so I'm playing that... Great game!!

Merry Christmas!

Red Dead Redemption,Call of Duty: Black Ops,and Assassins Creed II are friggin' awesome.

'Specially Black Ops. *escapes to Russia to get away from da fans who are angry at me for not sayin' Red Dead*

Well, it looks like I'm back to playing WoW. (My friend bought me Cataclysm for my birthday).
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast