Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

The last of us had to get a new ps3 yesterday and got The Last of us ps3 bundle
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroftFanForever View Post
    The last of us had to get a new ps3 yesterday and got The Last of us ps3 bundle
    One of my favorite games. Hope you enjoy!!!
    signature image

The last of us is first time I cry at the scene
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroftFanForever View Post
    The last of us is first time I cry at the scene
    That was a sad scene.

I've been playing the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas remaster for Xbox 360. So far, it's amazing.
    signature image

Is it an "artificial vertigo" kind of aversion?
    Or is it just not your style?
    Yes, at least partially, but that depends on the way the developers handle the depth in the game, too much "fish bowl" perspective kills me But aside from that, I just can't get past having to move my whole (game) body around to look in corners or the ground or a wall next to me etc. Third person gives me a certain amount of peripheral vision. Moving around all the time in first person just bogs me down, not to mention the extra unwanted motion makes eminent barfing a reality.
    I really liked the latest Bio Shock to a point but after a while I was getting so fed up with looking for things and moving around so damn much that it got old. I didn't finish it, I lost interest. I guess I'm a third person stick in the mud
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

That's a shame BH. You're missing out.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Tropico, it's seriously addictive XD

I actually got the game awhile back on Steam, but couldn't get into it as it confused the hell out of me. Until recently

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning. It's truly a very good and long game. Very good combat, pacing, voice acting and seemingly endless quests, with most all having overall meaning to the story, most off of the main path.

It also has a ton from Simon Templeman of Legacy of Kain fame in voice acting. I've sunk almost 70 hours into it, just playing it off and on. I think there's more than a third left of it, so it's pretty immense.
    I really like that game to, but I find I can't stick to playing it for a long time. I need to get back to it soon, because I have a habit where if I leave a game for too long and go back to it, I decide to start all over again XD

I've done that three times to that game so far.
    This is not a signature!

Bayonetta 2 !!!

It's been a long time since I've "touched" [ translation: played as ] her !!

> Referencing one of her taunts in the original when she says "You want to touch me ?" <

Anyway, and, yes, I did purchase a Wii U console just for that game !

I'm almost done with my first play-through and, like the original, the enemies in the game have been kicking my butt !!

But I will beat the game and replay it several more times because it's so much fun !!

Getting ready to fire up 'Parasite Eve' thanks to the PlayStation Store. As much as I don't like virtual stores, in this instance I'm very grateful for them.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    Bayonetta 2 !!!

It's been a long time since I've "touched" [ translation: played as ] her !!

> Referencing one of her taunts in the original when she says "You want to touch me ?" <

Anyway, and, yes, I did purchase a Wii U console just for that game !

I'm almost done with my first play-through and, like the original, the enemies in the game have been kicking my butt !!

But I will beat the game and replay it several more times because it's so much fun !!
    You have earned the Wrath of The Cult of Sarkeesian!

Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Ding, ding. Hidden gem alert!

You know how some people -including me- would love to see a Tomb Raider / Uncharted cross-over video game? I think I found the closest thing: Dark Void.

Dark Void released on PS3/PC/360 in 2010, so we all have access to this great title. Now why is this game a TR/U cross-over? Of course it doesn't feature Lara or Nate, but there are two characters that remind me of them.

In Dark Void you play as Will. Funny guy, short brown hair, voiced by Nolan North. Sound familiar? Beside you is the smart and lovely British brunette Ava. In short and spoiler free: they crash land in the Bermuda Triangle where all sorts of strange things are happening. The jungles guides by a very Uncharted-ish soundtrack (which sounds great btw!).

As for gameplay it's a 3rd person cover based shooter. It also features a little climbing and jetpak dogfights. You're able to take 2 weapons with you and upgrade them as you go. In the beginning of every stage you have the ability to change/upgrate weapons or you can take the weapon of a defeated enemy.

I think it's a game we can all enjoy.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Ding, ding. Hidden gem alert!

You know how some people -including me- would love to see a Tomb Raider / Uncharted cross-over video game? I think I found the closest thing: Dark Void.

Dark Void released on PS3/PC/360 in 2010, so we all have access to this great title. Now why is this game a TR/U cross-over? Of course it doesn't feature Lara or Nate, but there are two characters that remind me of them.

In Dark Void you play as Will. Funny guy, short brown hair, voiced by Nolan North. Sound familiar? Beside you is the smart and lovely British brunette Ava. In short and spoiler free: they crash land in the Bermuda Triangle where all sorts of strange things are happening. The jungles guides by a very Uncharted-ish soundtrack (which sounds great btw!).

As for gameplay it's a 3rd person cover based shooter. It also features a little climbing and jetpak dogfights. You're able to take 2 weapons with you and upgrade them as you go. In the beginning of every stage you have the ability to change/upgrate weapons or you can take the weapon of a defeated enemy.

I think it's a game we can all enjoy.
    To me, this game was so bad, it's good. I even pre-ordered it and got the Golden Jetpack (ooh!). Love Nolan North, but this game had every cliché in the book in it, ESPECIALLY during the ending. Can someone say cheesy? Still, I had fun playing it, but I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone else or ever play it again.

Just my personal opinion, though.
    signature image

I thought it was a pretty fun game. There was one thing I hated though.. so many glitches! And I don't mean getting your feet stuck on something, music looping wrong etc. But really getting stuck on a glitch. Certain enemies can glitch through walls and never come back. And in order to get further you need to beat that enemy.
    Near the end I also had a really weird glitch. I died, but for some reason that spawned the next cutscene which should spawn a boss. So I just continued on but couldn't find the boss. That was until I found it with no collider and some reversed faces. ''Reset''

The ending I thought was sad, but I kinda expected it the moment:

Still.. I'd recommend Dark Void any day

I thought it was a pretty fun game. There was one thing I hated though.. so many glitches! And I don't mean getting your feet stuck on something, music looping wrong etc. But really getting stuck on a glitch. Certain enemies can glitch through walls and never come back. And in order to get further you need to beat that enemy.
    Near the end I also had a really weird glitch. I died, but for some reason that spawned the next cutscene which should spawn a boss. So I just continued on but couldn't find the boss. That was until I found it with no collider and some reversed faces. ''Reset''

The ending I thought was sad, but I kinda expected it the moment:

Still.. I'd recommend Dark Void any day
    Ugh, the glitches. I remember one specific glitch where, like you described, an enemy wouldn't spawn and I had to reset the level not once, not twice, but THREE times!!! Drives me around the bend.
    signature image

I believe they were called Knights. I was just exploring the level, see if I missed something. Then thought: perhaps this is a glitch. I commited suicide and yup; there he is.

I believe they were called Knights. I was just exploring the level, see if I missed something. Then thought: perhaps this is a glitch. I commited suicide and yup; there he is.
    For me, I couldn't even restart the checkpoint, I had to restart the level. Which sucked, because it was at the end of the level.
    signature image

Currently playing Wasteland 2, NecroVisioN (cheap on Steam, not really that great), Mount and Blade (free from GoG, combat is a bit screwy).

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    For me, I couldn't even restart the checkpoint, I had to restart the level. Which sucked, because it was at the end of the level.
    I had that with the boss that didn't spawn. And out of all levels it had to be the one most boring! I also got stuck in the boss later, glad a was able to kill myself though... somehow. I don't even know how I did it, but at least I got to a continue point.

Having another go at 'Tomb Raider 2013'. It's my 4th playthrough and of the other 3 I only completed 2. First one was, obviously, the first play. 2nd was to get 100% completion on skills, challenges, and treasures and whatnot. I had to abandon that one after completing the campaign when I encountered some kind of bug which did not spawn the very last mine I needed to complete "Minesweeper" on a return trip to Shipwreck Beach. I checked the strategy guide and vids on YouTube and it was never where it should have been. Very frustrating, as it was the last challenge I needed to get 100% clear. 3rd attempt was to go for 100% again, but I got distracted by other games and left it alone. So I'm starting from scratch again today.
    signature image

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132