Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > LEGO Star Wars > LEGO Star Wars - General Discussion

Old 06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
New Player

Default Episode I Level 5 Retake Theed Palace

My son and I love playing this game together. We are unable to figure out how to get the minikit piece at the end of this level. We tagged General Grievous, his bodyguard, Jar Jar - all the high jumpers and they were not able to jump up onto the ledge to reach the minikit piece. HELP! We are driving ourselves crazy over this piece.
Email me at epsula@hotmail.com
Old 06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Vampiric Lady of the Sith
Eidos Moderator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsnula
My son and I love playing this game together. We are unable to figure out how to get the minikit piece at the end of this level. We tagged General Grievous, his bodyguard, Jar Jar - all the high jumpers and they were not able to jump up onto the ledge to reach the minikit piece. HELP! We are driving ourselves crazy over this piece.
Are you by chance using a Force user in addition to your high jumper?

You may wish to try the following advice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefaqs
In the hanger you rescue two pilots who are up in an alcove above a door on
the north wall. To get up there, you and your partner both got on blocks and
levitated up. From this alcove, leap to the ledge on the upper right with a
high jumper. Follow the ledge going right. At the end, leap to the ledge
that goes over the main hanger doors. Follow this ledge to the end and you
will reach a platform with a canister.
Good luck to you.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:28 AM
New Player

Default Need more help - Ep I Level 6 Darth Maul

Thanks for helping us get that cannister in Level 5. Now maybe you can help us with Level 6. Once we get across the bridge and get up over the hangar door Darth Maul runs thru, we have to use C3PO to open a door. Once inside we battle all kinds of droids. We have the kit finder on. The kit finder indicates there is a cannister on the far end of the room we are in. We tried everything tonight to get that kit. We can't even hear it or see it. Just see the arrow. ? There are red lights around the room that we forced on and then lights on the floor that we ran around and lit up but nothing happened. ? Help!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Eidos Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for helping us get that cannister in Level 5. Now maybe you can help us with Level 6. Once we get across the bridge and get up over the hangar door Darth Maul runs thru, we have to use C3PO to open a door. Once inside we battle all kinds of droids. We have the kit finder on. The kit finder indicates there is a cannister on the far end of the room we are in. We tried everything tonight to get that kit. We can't even hear it or see it. Just see the arrow. ? There are red lights around the room that we forced on and then lights on the floor that we ran around and lit up but nothing happened. ? Help!
You're welcome for the last bit of help. I'm glad you were able to use it to your advantage.

With regard to this issue, you need to start on one of the columns of switches on the floor (I started with the left side). When you hit the second switch, your partner will run down the opposite side. Once you light up the last switch on your side, head over to the other side to get the last one in that column. This should reveal the cannister at the far end of the room. You may have to try this a couple of times as it was a bit tricky for me as well.

EDIT: A Force User and an Astromech will come in handy here too.

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:10 AM
New Player

Default A big thanks and more help needed

Thank you so much for the help. We took Jango Fett in with us and he got the job done!
We have 3 more mini-kits to find. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated:
Episode II Level 2 Droid Factory - no bells ringing; no arrow to show where the missing kit is located;
Episode II Level 3 Jedi Battle - detector shows an arrow on a ledge over an area where there are boxes that can be force moved. We cannot reveal the cannister;
Episode III Level 4 Defense of Kashyyyk - just as we hit the beach there is an arrow over a rock - no idea how to reveal the cannister.
We got all the pieces of the Super Kit and unlocked Darth Vader. Awesome! My son about jumped out of his skin. He is a big Vader fan.
Thanks again.
epsnula
Old 06-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Eidos Moderator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Thank you so much for the help. We took Jango Fett in with us and he got the job done! We have 3 more mini-kits to find. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated:
You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help.
I'm going to go ahead and try addressing each of your present inquiries, one at a time.

Quote:
Episode II Level 2 Droid Factory - no bells ringing; no arrow to show where the missing kit is located;
I'll have to get back to you on this one (need to refresh my memory on the level).

Quote:
Episode II Level 3 Jedi Battle - detector shows an arrow on a ledge over an area where there are boxes that can be force moved. We cannot reveal the cannister;
For some reason, this is making me think of the column you must construct via the Force and then force levitate the top and high jump to reach the cannister. Please clarify if this is the case, if not, a little more description would better assist me.

Quote:
Episode III Level 4 Defense of Kashyyyk - just as we hit the beach there is an arrow over a rock - no idea how to reveal the cannister.
Force pull all of the plants in this area. (You'll be looking for three carrots). Once you've pulled all three, you'll be directed to the cannister near the rock in which you'll require a high jumper to obtain.

Quote:
We got all the pieces of the Super Kit and unlocked Darth Vader. Awesome! My son about jumped out of his skin. He is a big Vader fan.
Thanks again.
epsnula
Congrats on getting all of the Super Kit pieces. It took me about four days to do it. Your son and I have a lot in common with regard to ol' Vader; he rocks!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
New Player

I think that's what they're talking about. If that's the case, the column is in four pieces. There's a base with a rounded platform bottom, a second middle piece where the brown matches up with the base, then the third from the top that has another flat piece on top of it like the base did on the bottom, finally the cone shapped top. Once it's built correctly the canister will appear.

Still working on the final droid factory one myself. Can't find that bugger anywhere.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:24 AM
New Player

Default Thanks Yet Again!

We got the kit in the Battle Arena and the on the beach in Kashyyyk - thanks to y'all. No sign of the one in the droid factory. Could it be you have to turn on all the lights in the cave in the very beginning of the game? We didn't even see an arrow anywhere using the kit detector! So frustrating. Oh well - just a game! (yeah right - I'll be up after he sleeps tonight going thru that droid factory with a fine tooth comb!) ha ha
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:14 AM
New Player

I just found the last one I was looking for in the droid factory, see if it's the same one you need.

There's a section to the end of the conveyor belt where a force user can put together little fans that jump them up to collect studs.

The 2nd fan has a longer plank that you can follow to the right (the actors right, basically make them come toward you.)

The camera will shift and you'll see a gear that a force user has to put together to reveal a target that has to be shot. The a droid has to open the door and enter and solve another puzzle.

That should be it. It's hard to see because it's way off camera and the little fan blades make you want to look the other way.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 AM
New Player

Question Retake theed palace

Me and my brother have been trying to get all the minikits in the game and there is one that we are having trouble finding. its in retake theed palace and i cant really tell u where the other ones were that we found so u might have to give me several options. please help, my brother and i are really getting frustrated !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:49 PM
New Player

I'm having a problem with Retake Theed Palace. The minikit detector is showing there's a kit in the room at the end of a long corridor where there's a tall ledge and a strange thing on the floor which looks like it's got wheels, it doesn't do anything from what I can see. Anyway, I go up to the high ledge, destroy the dudes and the detector is pointing straight ahead. I've tried blasting, jumping, sabring, everything but can't seem to find it. Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM
New Player

Default did you step on the button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Sneinton View Post
I'm having a problem with Retake Theed Palace. The minikit detector is showing there's a kit in the room at the end of a long corridor where there's a tall ledge and a strange thing on the floor which looks like it's got wheels, it doesn't do anything from what I can see. Anyway, I go up to the high ledge, destroy the dudes and the detector is pointing straight ahead. I've tried blasting, jumping, sabring, everything but can't seem to find it. Any ideas?
Did you try stepping on the button on the floor? If you are playing alone, you stand on one button and your 'partner' will automatically go to the other one and i think it opens a door.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:41 PM
New Player

Arrow Here's how I got the last canister in Retake Theed Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsnula View Post
It took me hours and I think i have carpal tunnel now but I finally figured it out. I used both controllers, it seemed like just one player wouldn't make it so I had both going along the whole time.

Ok, the last one is all the way on the right side at the very top. To get there you have to go to the very far left side, stack boxes, use jar jar to jump up them, force some legos to make a ledge, use jar jar to jump on that and up again. you are now at the top of the ledge that goes all the way around. Go to the wall, FACING the wall with jar jar if you move to the right he'll float to the other side but he must be facing the wall. keep going around the wall, you'll need to switch to R2 to get across gaps, jar jar can't make one of the jumps. Keep going around and at last you'll see the last canister.

Good luck!

Does everyone know that you hear bells when you are near a canister? Took me some time to figure that out!