Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > General Eidos Community Forums > Community Chat

Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 AM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Default Ōban, Star-Racers

for all you anime lovers...

there's a cool new anime series going live in the US in just a few days: Ōban, Star-Racers.

it's like the Star Wars pod races with awesome 3D effects, while keeping the cartoon anime look

I've been waiting for this series' release since 2002. Back then it was called "Molly, Star-Racer" and the creators weren't sure if it would be aired. I'm glad to see they made it after all

New Trailer

and here's a copy of the newsletter I got yesterday with detailed info on airing dates:

Quote:
Dear all,

Thank you for your interest and support in our series OSR.

Here are the latest updates on the local broadcast release dates, as well as on the next convention the OSR team will be attending.
OBAN is coming and you’re more than welcome to spread the word around!

Don’t forget also to send us your fanarts / cosplay pictures. We’re always very happy to discover your creations and we will post them on OSR’s French official website: obanstarracers.fr or directly on the savtheworld.com website.

All the best,

Savin Yeatman-Eiffel
OSR creator

OBAN STAR-RACERS RELEASED IN THE US. UK TO FOLLOW SOON.

For US OSR fans the long wait is now over: Oban will start broadcast in America in June 2006.

Though UK fans will have to wait a little longer, they will certainly be pleased to learn that the UK release dates have now been officially set:

US broadcast dates
Oban Star-Racers airs an hour-long premiere Monday, June 5 during Jetix on Toon Disney Jetix (8:30 p.m. ET/PT), with encore airings on Friday, June 9, (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) and Saturday, June 10, (10:30 a.m. ET/PT) on ABC Family.
Half-hour episodes will air in the regular timeslots on Toon Disney Jetix, Mondays (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) and Saturdays (10:30 a.m. ET/PT) on ABC Family.

Note on the US premiere: for those avid to see new images as soon as possible, there are rumours of a sneak peak at 8p (ET) on Toon Disney on Saturday 6/3…

UK broadcast dates
Oban Star-Racers starts on Jetix UK from October 21st

THIS SUMMER OBAN GOES ON CONVENTION SPREE!

Oban Star-Racers screenings and exhibitions have already taken place on May 27th at the London Expo in London, and on May 28th at the Epitanime convention in Paris in presence of OSR creator, writer and co-director, Savin Yeatman-Eiffel.

The next Oban event will be held on July 8th at the Japan Expo in Paris, Europe’s largest anime convention. Savin Yeatman-Eiffel and OSR bg and mecha designer, Stanilas Brunet, will both be attending.

NEWTYPE’S OSR ARTICLE TO BE TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH FOR NEWTYPE’S US EDITION

For those who didn’t get a chance to read the article on OSR in NewType, Japan’s leading anime magazine, the article will be translated and reprinted in the next edition of NEWTYPE’s US edition.

Good Oban to all.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)
Old 06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Hero

First time i've really seen anime, I like the animation, the effects are cool, but I think I need a character to relate to to enjoy it at all. If only they'd make an animated TR (sigh)
One question though... why don't they have noses?