Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Thief > Thief General Discussion > Thief Technical Forum

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 AM
New Player

Default Massive Updates!? Losing Gameplay!

Hello
Is it just me?
I am now on my second massive (45min to hour) Thief update and the last time was a few days ago whereby I lost hours of saved gaming. Is this my PS3 or is it actual game updates? Argh, help please.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2014, 08:16 PM

Unhappy

it still won't let me play. i am in the tower, it takes me to a cutscene then it says go talk to basko and then when i try to leave the area it takes me back to the clock tower and does the same thing all over again. this is ridiculous. i'm tired of unhooking my internet, changing the date to a wrong date in my xbox and then having to replay a chapter for the umpteenth time and then it does it all over again. i liked playing this game but i am just so frustrated right now. i wopuld just return it if i could. please fix this. and if you have, please tell ME how to fix this. i'm so over this
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
Thanks for being patient – we’re coming back to you after much overnight work and the good news is that we’ve identified the problem and we can fix it quickly.

Basically, it’s an issue with the mathematical calculations of time-stamps from March 30th – April 2nd, which meant systems didn’t recognise the most recent time-stamp and instead took the previous time-stamp save (re-starting the level). So if you saved your game on March 30th, you may have experienced a disruption yesterday on April 1st and if you saved your game on March 31st, you may have experienced disruption yesterday April 1st and today April 2nd.

After today the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues. We are working on a patch to ensure this doesn’t happen next year with these March/April calculations.

Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal.

Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:36 AM
New Player

Default 2nd May and manual save game has disappeared

I saved my game about a week ago outside the House of Blossoms. Just tried to play now on 2 May and my manual save game is dated 15 April and takes me back to the "enter Erin's hideout' mission! I thought this save game problem had been fixed?

I'm playing on PC through Steam by the way.

Last edited by Igoryoufool; 05-02-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Specify platform
Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 AM
New Player

It still repeating leaves want let me pass
Old 05-15-2014, 07:58 AM

Default PS3 save file corrupted again!

Now on the third save file for the PS3, last two were corrupted (at least that's what the game thinks), I'm really getting tired of playing this damn game all over again. If this is related to the date discrepancy fix, well... it ain't fixed!! In-game restore after a death works as expected, it seems that closing the program and reopening some time later results in the save file not being recognized as valid, and therefore corrupted, but that's just my conjecture. Regardless what the reason is, the damn game fails at a BASIC gaming requirement! Please fix this!!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:47 PM

Finished my playthrough on master difficulty with custom settings and decided to go back into the various chapters as replays to get remaining collectables and hidden areas. All was going well until today when game has locked me in the clock tower. I do not want to start all over again as I am already about to begin the game Xbox 360 because I enjoyed it so much but I am worried this problem will keep happening no matter what platform I am on. Only needed the last 13 collectables (do not know how many hidden areas as there is no tracker). All this on master without being caught or killing anyone which has been pretty tough and now this. Please help
Old 06-01-2014, 02:00 AM

Hello,

It appears there is still a problem with saves. I bought the game yesterday on xbox one, and my connection is ok (so i guess the patch have been correctly downloaded and installed).
But the bug is here : i can't leave the tower !

For information, the date of my save is 31/05.

What can I do ?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:18 AM
New Player

Yeah, guys.... here we go again.

It's another first day of a new month, and I'm stuck in an infinite loop whenever entering new areas - i.e. exiting the hideout this time around.

Since the pattern is the exact same, PLEASE just fix whatever messed up formula in the code has a problem with the gregorian calendar.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:10 AM

Default It's Happening Again

We are seeing the same issue once again, as in April. Save game looping. Is their a patch for the game to permanently resolve this.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 AM

I'm having this issue for the first time (since the beginning of this month). Sounds like it needs to be recalculated for this month again.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Getting this bug also on PC (Win7 64-bit Ultimate)

Stuck at the end of A Man Apart (Chapter 6?), get to the top of stairs after climbing the elevator, and it puts me back at the start of the level.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:37 AM

GOT THIS ISSUE YESTERDAY AND IT MADE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE DUE SUPPOSED FIX SAVE LOOP ISSUE ON "HAPPY MEDIUM" MISSION. (Playing on Xbone)
Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 AM

I have also had this issue pop up over the weekend. I was able to play fine on Saturday (May 31st) and then then started looping me back to "Carnal Connoisseur" quest on Sunday (June 1st). Please fix as I'm sick to death of stealing this 8 legged cat.

Playing on XBox One. Have completed all available side quests and am trying to start chapter 5. Both the auto save, and manual saves loop.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
New Player

Is this save glitch just an issue for Xbox One consoles or are X360 consoles affected as well? Also, does anyone know if Eidos has recognized this save glitch is still a problem in June? How often is it happening to gamers ... every game or just to random players?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is just so frustrating to have this happen and not be able to know if there will be a fix which will repair the corrupted file or if all is FUBAR. Thanks for any and all replies!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM
New Player

Hi everyone,

I just emailed Square Enix my problem with running saved games & automatically saved points & "Continue"

I can run the game just fine until I try to load a saved game or automatically save or try to "Continue" ....I get a black screen and then a CTD.

It sounds like the same date/time bug.

I updated my drivers & allowed Norton 360 to run Thief without being hindered by a firewall or any firewall issues/parameters.......Still having the same issues.

I'll post what Square Enix says....This is ridiculous: First they butcher the game & then it's unplayable insofar as saves are concerned.....WHAT"S GOING ON SQUARE ENIXXXXX??????

UPDATE:
Square Enix told me to disable all the MSCONFIG processes & also Norton 360 firewall & Anti virus which I did.......Still cant' run "Continue" games & Saved Games

NEW UPDATE:
S.E told me to roll the game back to 1.4 and try it....If that doesn't work, they said to "wait for a new patch" to come out.....THANKS EIDOS!!!

Stefos

Last edited by Viktoria; 06-23-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: ToU violation - flame
Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 AM
New Player

Thumbs down Gave up on Xbox One version of Thief

Traded it in. Got this stupid save glitch twice. I don't understand why Eidos is ignoring this problem.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:33 PM
New Player

Hi everyone,

UPDATE
The game is running "fine" now..........The issue:
Virtual Memory on the Graphics card!

Apparently, Eidos's "minimum" requirements for Thief 4 are misleading.....When I check out the saved games, it showed 6 MB of Virtual Memory in the .txt file

Eidos has NOT been honest about the minimum requirements as I have 8 MB of RAM and an Nvidia 260 GTX card....Plenty of Speed.

I had to increase the PoolSize of Virtual Memory (Found in the Tweaks section here) to finally up the Graphics card capabilities.

I don't know what role Nvidia plays in this...We shall see!
Stefos
Old 06-23-2014, 08:51 PM
New Player

Default the game isnt running fine on the xbox one

Started playing the game on june 7th and tonight after getting to Erin at the end of chapter 8 the next load just starts me at the beginning of chapter 8
Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 AM
EM Community Manager
Eidos Official

For anyone who was experiencing this issue last month on Xbox One, I would encourage you to try again after installing the patch released last week.

If you experience this issue on any other platform, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest patch.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:14 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poticha View Post
For anyone who was experiencing this issue last month on Xbox One, I would encourage you to try again after installing the patch released last week.

If you experience this issue on any other platform, please make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest patch.
Hey, can you read all of english in this forums. it s not french language. I did follow up all the way what you did suggest or recommend. I did try is delete all save games, and remove updates, and everything.. then I put DVD in console 360. and update downloading, reboot, then i play new game, got in same fxxk problem with (bleep) corrupt saved, and come back where it took in begin to play over again.