Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion > H:A Technical issues and Bug Reports

Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM
New Player

Exclamation Cinematic Point Shooting issue

Problem : With Cinematic Point Shooting you shoot much slower than without it, to be more specific Agent 47 stops shooting as you look at the first victim's cinematic fall, in result all of the A.I in the scene shoot their weapons and other A.I's come to investigate, but without CPS, he takes them down in too fast, to be enjoyable, motion. This needs to be fixed... Also when using point shooting no bullet-holes stick to A.I's faces. How come?!?!

Also I should remind that disguises are quite useless without instinct, and since when it's less suspicious if you get spotted for 1 second while crouching and moving from cover to cover, rather than just easily walking past. That's quite ridiculous, bad for the image of agent 47, just rolling around and using cover, while dressed in appropriate clothing to be just walking past the guards.

Last edited by yukicore; 12-04-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
New Player

I'm sorry. THIS IS NO personal opinion, disliking, this is a serious issue.

And this issue isn't present in any demonstration gameplay of Hitman Absolution.

Compare these two.

Demo
http://youtu.be/EcJhijTI1Ps?hd=1&t=14m40s

Full game
http://youtu.be/RceU20YToFQ?hd=1&t=49s

Notice that in the DEMO everything is fine, Agent 47 takes all the targets with silenced weapon, fast and fluid, yet with cinematic effects, and only one of the A.I's almost draws his weapon fast enough to start firing, but 47 takes them all down without any of them firing their weapons - 6 targets.

While in FULL game as the cinematic camera starts, the time just plays at almost real-time speed, and as you watch the A.I. take a fall, Agent 47 just stands there and waits, while all the other guards have already drawn their weapons and are shooting at Agent 47, then after the guard has fallen, Agent 47 moves on to next targets, but everyone but the first victim have drawn weapons and shot them at least once.

This is really ridiculous, I liked the cinematic point shooting, but this thing makes it useless, as the shots fired by the A.I. alerts all the nearest guards.
Now I am forced to used a not so fine looking unrealistically looking point shooting without cinematic effects.

Last edited by yukicore; 12-08-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM
New Player

Here is a video of me demonstrating this in the same area and same situation with point shooting on and afterwards point shooting off

or here :P (same video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvK6S6reHlo

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by yukicore; 12-08-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Gamer

So the problem is that you want to look at the slow-motion ragdoll effects but don't want to be caught. OK.

Have tried skipping the first few slow-motion scenes?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
New Player

Agreed. This is a stupid issue. I turned it off immediately.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukefreezer View Post
So the problem is that you want to look at the slow-motion ragdoll effects but don't want to be caught. OK.

Have tried skipping the first few slow-motion scenes?

Do you mean pressing O or B (on console controllers) to skip? It does the same thing as turning off the Cinematic Point Shooting... Might as well turn it off completely.

You see, Point Shooting is a really great feature in Hitman Absolution, it really shows what Agent 47 is capable of, and what he is, a true assassin in his essence, highly trained killer.

It looked really beautiful at the H:A demo, the cinematic point shooting. Without the cinematic effects it looks like a god mode, where everyone just randomly dies in 47's sight, destroys the beauty of the Point Shooting feature. I would really love this to get fixed, please IO.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Gamer

you can turn off cinematic point shooting in the options... do it, it helps.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh fish 101 View Post
you can turn off cinematic point shooting in the options... do it, it helps.
But I want the CINEMATIC POINT SHOOTING, what I do not want is getting detected afterwards, and getting shot if I do use it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Gamer

It's a very good point, really, and should get some attention, if possible.

I'd also like to know where all to people at the party went to...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
It's a very good point, really, and should get some attention, if possible.

I'd also like to know where all to people at the party went to...
Thank you leading this issue further.

All who care, please donate your time to write a reply, as this needs more attention.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukicore View Post
But I want the CINEMATIC POINT SHOOTING, what I do not want is getting detected afterwards, and getting shot if I do use it.
47 can't stop time, deal with it.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukefreezer View Post
47 can't stop time, deal with it.
47 can't, but we have to if we want to follow his fast and precise marksman skills.

Don't try to find a ''Deal with it solution'', because without Cinematic PS 47 does it so much flawlessly, making the CPS only a drawback, gameplay wise and visually too (I will explain later), and it shouldn't be that hard to do, in the Demo version it seems like when the camera moved to the first kill camera, everything nearly stopped, but the falling dude, then it continued, Nobody wouldn't mind a bit of, almost unnoticeable unrealism, if it makes the Point Shooting look so much better, because the CPS, now, looks just ridiculous, 47, just stands there watching the dude fall, in the mean time getting shot. That is just a way to ruin the feature and 47's image, he can do a lot better than that.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM
New Player

Is this forum even being watched by someone who could inform the developers about issues of the games, created by the companies featured here?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
IOI Community Team
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukicore View Post
Is this forum even being watched by someone who could inform the developers about issues of the games, created by the companies featured here?
Yes, myself and Nick@IO are those people.

All of the Eidos moderators/admin also keep track of issues and pull attention to anything that we may have missed as well as discuss the issues.

I will forward the issue onto the dev team for them to look at.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM
New Player

I agree with the OP, this needs a fix
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM
New Player

Agreed. Also, why have the levels changed in a fairly major way? There is no longer a party or any party goers on that level. There is no Lenny sitting in a barber chair talking to a barber, nor is there a desk behind him with a guard manning it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 PM
New Player

Yeah it bugs me too. Just temporarily freeze the targets actions while 47 guns them down. They do it in Splinter Cell Conviction and it looks great
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis@IO View Post
Yes, myself and Nick@IO are those people.

All of the Eidos moderators/admin also keep track of issues and pull attention to anything that we may have missed as well as discuss the issues.

I will forward the issue onto the dev team for them to look at.
Thank you.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 PM
New Player

I hope this gets fixed...
Old 12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
New Player

Default +1

Add me to the "this needs to be fixed" list. It's so frustrating that I have to wait until all the guards heads are turned away from me to use CPS. WtF!? What's the point of having it then? Disguises broken, CPS broken.. it's like the Demo was the completed game and the completed game was the demo. Smh Eidos.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0ESK0 View Post
Add me to the "this needs to be fixed" list. It's so frustrating that I have to wait until all the guards heads are turned away from me to use CPS. WtF!? What's the point of having it then? Disguises broken, CPS broken.. it's like the Demo was the completed game and the completed game was the demo. Smh Eidos.
Thanks for your comment, It's weird that the CPS is broken in the final game, but in demo wasn't. The Disguises, as much as you don't want to agree, and so do I, from game difficulty perspective are almost like they should be, otherwise you could just walk trough the level without being challenged.

However from realism perspective, they are completely absurd, NPC's wearing same disguise can spot that you're not one of them from too far away, much too far, and when surrounded by many disguise alike's, like in The Run For Your Life level, no one in the world could spot that you are not the man of your uniform, especially if a calm and stress-less, man like 47 is wearing the uniform.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM
New Player

upping...
Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Gamer

I love how point shooting is actually worse than just taking out the targets one by one without it. The only time point shooting is useful, is when doing the shooting competition and even then it's questionable.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekalty View Post
I love how point shooting is actually worse than just taking out the targets one by one without it. The only time point shooting is useful, is when doing the shooting competition and even then it's questionable.
It's only if you use the point shooting with Cinematic Point Shooting enabled, If you turn it off, you can take out many targets, like about 10, without getting spotted. However if you have turned it on, you sometimes even get spotted and NPC's, that are near you, get alerted, as one of them shoots his gun.

This is what this thread is about, but if CPS is turned off, it really loses the beauty and brilliance of point shooting. Please, FIX THIS IO!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
New Player

up