Thread: New Patch for Theif: Deadly Shadows while we wait for Theif 4

Question New Patch for Theif: Deadly Shadows while we wait for Theif 4

I know this is a bit nit picky but can the team come up with some patches for the older version of Thief?

I didn't have any major trouble with TDS (a few bugs occurred of course, but wasn't often) ...what exactly do you want to fix?

They won't. Not because they can't (which is probably one reason), but why bother.

There are tons of community fixes, mods...you can find anything from widescreen / HD patches to fan-made bugfixeries. TDS was released 8 years ago. And it is considered by many (not everyone but still) the weakest title in the series.

So again, why would EM bother with it?

Quote Originally Posted by fbdbh View Post
    They won't. Not because they can't (which is probably one reason), but why bother.

There are tons of community fixes, mods...you can find anything from widescreen / HD patches to fan-made bugfixeries. TDS was released 8 years ago. And it is considered by many (not everyone but still) the weakest title in the series.

So again, why would EM bother with it?
    Agreed. I can't say this with 100% certainty, but...i think that the main reason of TDS being the "weakest" is due to the change of the developer...i liked Looking Glass's work :'(
    Even though they did maintain many people from the past Thief games, i felt it lacking that special something from the previous ones...

TDS wasn't weaker IMHO, it was just different from the other two, and fans don't often like things that are different.

Quote Originally Posted by JFSOCC View Post
    TDS wasn't weaker IMHO, it was just different from the other two, and fans don't often like things that are different.
    LOL yeah.

Just like FF fans.

Well...i thought the game-play and story was better in previous Thief games then in TDS...
    If you disagree...well, it's your opinion