Thread: Deus Ex:Future Warfare is here

Default Deus Ex:Future Warfare is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY

Heck it takes place 2 years before Deus Ex:HR.

In my view that just looks a absolute pile of .

LOL, the music is literally the same!
    Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

We never asked for this....

Oh well,might as well sit near the fireplace and listen to Grandpa Woods as he tells stories of the cold war and future war.

There's music in that trailer, I really couldn't hear anything when I watched it. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.
    signature image

Looks interesting for a COD game.

FFS, another Call of Duty? Give it another year and they'll be on "Modern War4".

Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.
    signature image

Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

Quote Originally Posted by [FGS]Shadowrunner View Post
    Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.
    I messaged a character designer for Infinity Ward on Facebook once. A CHARACTER DESIGNER. WHAT.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
    Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.
    yup, its hardly original. The one in black ops is the worst I've ever seen though. It just looks butt ugly.

CNC

Starcraft 2:
    signature image

I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Saerain View Post
    I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.
    ???

Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

The limbed mechs in the trailer seem improbable to me, they're not as versatile as robots like Big Dog and they're slower than the ones with wheels.
    Last edited by JCpie; 05-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    signature image

Yeah mechs are pretty stupid lol but they're a symbol/trope of sci-fi. There are tanks nowadays that are a million times more versatile than the mechs in sci-fi that walk around slow and clunkily. Some lighter tanks can go like 80 km/h or something ridiculous.

I always found the kinda.. big battle anime mechs? Not sure what you call them exactly, but they're pretty humanoid and carry big guns and stuff? Those are cool but ultimately just like "whut?". You have the tech to make those things, but surely you'd also have EMP, nanites or super sonic sniper cannons that can easily counter them lol

I remember watching that BigDog vid aaaages ago, it felt unreal. Just creepy how it balances itself when it slips. Funny it makes MGS4s ridiculous Gekkos looks more plausible that BO2s mech thing lol.