Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Deus Ex:Future Warfare is here

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default Deus Ex:Future Warfare is here

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY

    Heck it takes place 2 years before Deus Ex:HR.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    117

    Default

    In my view that just looks a absolute pile of .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    LOL, the music is literally the same!
    Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    We never asked for this....

    Oh well,might as well sit near the fireplace and listen to Grandpa Woods as he tells stories of the cold war and future war.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    There's music in that trailer, I really couldn't hear anything when I watched it. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.
    signature image

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Looks interesting for a COD game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Satellite of Love
    Posts
    76

    Default

    FFS, another Call of Duty? Give it another year and they'll be on "Modern War4".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.
    signature image

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [FGS]Shadowrunner View Post
    Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.
    I messaged a character designer for Infinity Ward on Facebook once. A CHARACTER DESIGNER. WHAT.
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    3,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
    Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.
    yup, its hardly original. The one in black ops is the worst I've ever seen though. It just looks butt ugly.

    CNC


    Starcraft 2:
    signature image

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.
    signature image

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saerain View Post
    I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.
    ???

    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Skynet
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    The limbed mechs in the trailer seem improbable to me, they're not as versatile as robots like Big Dog and they're slower than the ones with wheels.
    Last edited by JCpie; 05-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    signature image

  15. #15

    Default

    Yeah mechs are pretty stupid lol but they're a symbol/trope of sci-fi. There are tanks nowadays that are a million times more versatile than the mechs in sci-fi that walk around slow and clunkily. Some lighter tanks can go like 80 km/h or something ridiculous.

    I always found the kinda.. big battle anime mechs? Not sure what you call them exactly, but they're pretty humanoid and carry big guns and stuff? Those are cool but ultimately just like "whut?". You have the tech to make those things, but surely you'd also have EMP, nanites or super sonic sniper cannons that can easily counter them lol

    I remember watching that BigDog vid aaaages ago, it felt unreal. Just creepy how it balances itself when it slips. Funny it makes MGS4s ridiculous Gekkos looks more plausible that BO2s mech thing lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •